Prediction: Blaydes will be champ for 5+ years

It isn’t way out there if you understand scouting heavyweights and the heavyweight division. There are different things to look for, and certain things stand out,
Eg a chin, cardio, wrestling. For Example Dana saw Cain at 2-0 and knew he was gonna be a champ, it’s why Brock was so successful, @Paul L saw Blaydes and had him top Prospect in the world at 3 or 4-0, and you can look no further than Paul’s lists to see a similar beast in Juan Adams as Paul’s next big pick.

I think I have a decent grasp on the fight game altogether which is why I said being a champ wouldn't be suprising but going all in and claiming 5+ years is a leap. How many HW's have held the title for that long? Being a top prospect and being one of the longest reigning UFC HW champions is quite different, especially at HW where one blow is all it takes.

I keep thinking back to the Mark Hunt fight, he was so so close to being finished, credit to him for turning it round.
But the top guys would catch him you'd reckon

There's only one person with a chance at even coming close to having a title run like that right now and that's Stipe, and even then I wouldn't hold my breath. Too easy to get your lights put out at HW to count on anyone having a serious title run like that.

I keep thinking back to the Mark Hunt fight, he was so so close to being finished, credit to him for turning it round.
But the top guys would catch him you'd reckon
Do any of the top guys hit harder than hunt? I doubt it

He almost got KTFO in both of his last 2 fights.

He actually got KTFO 2 years ago.

As a champ for 5 years he would face 10 top contenders.

He gonna get KTFO at some point.

its hw anything can happen

K. Come back on here in 5 years and let us see how you made out bud

He seems to improve a lot and I wonder how better he will get. Looks very promising.

PREDICTION: BLAYDES WILL BE CHAMP FOR 5+ YEARS

Your prediction is wrong.

5+ years = 6-10 title defenses which is absurd.

At HW, half a thumb barely grazing the top of an ear can KO a superior fighter, which is why the record for title defenses is like 3.

The KO rate at HW is such that skill is less of a factor and randomness more, making 6-10 title defenses completely unrealistic.

Sure he can be a champ in the ufc.. Hw division is pretty weak. Maybe Stipe gets cained and had health problems, and he fights another over hyped under skilled fighter for the belt. He did good elbowing Reem out of the fight, but it's Reem.. He's a get koed machine these days. Put him back as aggressive ubereem and I think he beats blades easily. Curtis needs to improve his stand up by leaps and bounds be4 he can be a threat to be great.

Sure he can be a champ in the ufc.. Hw division is pretty weak. Maybe Stipe gets cained and had health problems, and he fights another over hyped under skilled fighter for the belt. He did good elbowing Reem out of the fight, but it's Reem.. He's a get koed machine these days. Put him back as aggressive ubereem and I think he beats blades easily. Curtis needs to improve his stand up by leaps and bounds be4 he can be a threat to be great.

You say “but it’s Reem”, who knocked Stipe on his ass and if he had been patient, instead of running in and collapsing onto him, he should have beat.

He’s already #2 so I’m not sure why he needs to be leaps and bounds better when you LOOK around. It’s a bunch of older men. That being said he is getting better, every day, we see it fight to fight. He threw Stipe around when they trained together, and that was when he was an amateur, but time will tell!

maybe not, but they clearly have a better all round game

francis probably does btw

Who clearly does? Francis can’t wrestle, who are these guys you’re talking about? This is my point... I went strong but guys are aging, he’s 27, he’s #2 now, who and where are the guys to derail him

1) He’s #2 now, no one below in the rankings is a threat, he’s already beat three of the current top 10.

2) he’s only 27, youngest American heavy, w great wrestling, cardio, and chin

3) he’s only been training at a real gym for two years, therefore leaps and bounds better every fight

4) even though #2, he’s still a couple years away from his prime.

5) Weak prospects on the regional scene, 1/2 the div is on the way out at 35+.

If he gets DC/Stipe winner, and wins (big question), there’s no one currently in the ufc that would be a threat: Volkov would get worked, Francis has not evolved, and Tai is a lesser version of Hunt.

Even if it is a year or so from now I still see this prediction holding up

Tai is a younger version of Hunt.

Lewis and Ngannou are not champion material.

Maybe JDS has another run.

Or healthy Cain.... kidding.

Also, I would like to see Blaydes vs Werdum and Oleynik. And hoping that it will not be a Maia vs Usman fight and that both will go to the ground.

Doubt 5 years but he's still champion material. I just don't see guys lasting that long at HW

Dunno man five years champ? Seems a little silly to me. Extremely unlikely so.

Tai is a younger version of Hunt.

Lewis and Ngannou are not champion material.

Maybe JDS has another run.

Or healthy Cain.... kidding.

Also, I would like to see Blaydes vs Werdum and Oleynik. And hoping that it will not be a Maia vs Usman fight and that both will go to the ground.

Tai doesn’t hit as hard, he arguably lost to Arlovski.

Blaydes already beat Oleinik.

Werdum is done, you could see it first in the Tybura fight, age has hit him.

JDS, he’s a wild card, 35 now I think, been through wars and has had injuries, interesting to see how the Ivanov fight goes. He is a smaller heavy tho usually around 238, Blaydes is 255.

Volkov is last, and he’d get destroyed, he has no wrestling, and w his height that makes it even worse

Dunno man five years champ? Seems a little silly to me. Extremely unlikely so.

Sure bro, I wasn’t going for the obvious lol, but Stipe is 36, so who knows w a 27 yo, as long as he can avoid injury, and like I said there’s not anyone on the horizon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back