Prediction: Blaydes will be champ for 5+ years

MMA SCOUT

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
1) He’s #2 now, no one below in the rankings is a threat, he’s already beat three of the current top 10.

2) he’s only 27, youngest American heavy, w great wrestling, cardio, and chin

3) he’s only been training at a real gym for two years, therefore leaps and bounds better every fight

4) even though #2, he’s still a couple years away from his prime.

5) Weak prospects on the regional scene, 1/2 the div is on the way out at 35+.

If he gets DC/Stipe winner, and wins (big question), there’s no one currently in the ufc that would be a threat: Volkov would get worked, Francis has not evolved, and Tai is a lesser version of Hunt.

Even if it is a year or so from now I still see this prediction holding up

He almost got KTFO in both of his last 2 fights.

He actually got KTFO 2 years ago.

As a champ for 5 years he would face 10 top contenders.

He gonna get KTFO at some point.

One gory elbow barrage and all of a sudden he can hit harder than a Ford Fiesta, and will be champion for centuries to come.

Last guy like that became a meme...
PicsArt_01-25-09.05.28.jpg

PicsArt_01-26-12.17.24.jpg

5) Weak prospects on the regional scene, 1/2 the div is on the way out at 35+.
This is the reason I agree with you.
Stefan Struve is still one of the youngest guys on the roster at 30 years old atm.

- He didn't even get rocked against Reem
- I can tell you've never actually watched his fight against Francis if you're calling that a "KTFO"

Hit the gym. Become a complete fighter... then he will be a force. Now 5 years... :eek:

- He didn't even get rocked against Reem
- I can tell you've never actually watched his fight against Francis if you're calling that a "KTFO"
I agree with you 100%, infact other than Stipe, Blaydes gave him his hardest fight and he didnt get KO'd, doctors stopped it or something on the stool in the beginning of the third round. I also think that was his debut right? His chin was ridiculous even though his eye got fucked.

Blaydes is a tough fight for everyone not named Stipe. BUT I also think Ngannou sleeps him if they rematch in the future.

Could he be champ? Sure. He isn't going to hold it 5 years though. Lol

This is the reason I agree with you.
Stefan Struve is one of the youngest guys on the roster at 30 years old atm.
Christ... Is it that bad? Struve is one of the youngest?

How long ago does this seem:

UFC-146-Dos-Santos-Mir-poster.jpg

Could he be champ? Sure. He isn't going to hold it 5 years though. Lol

Lol what kind of prediction is it that Blaydes will be champ, or even for a couple years, that’s not that hard as infrequently as these guys fight, I think if we did a poll most people would say he will be champ...

Lol what kind of prediction is it that Blaydes will be champ, or even for a couple years, that’s not that hard as infrequently as these guys fight, I think if we did a poll most people would say he will be champ...

Really? I don't know if he'll be a champion. All I meant was he could and it wasn't any prediction. You went way out there claiming 5+ years. I don't get why you would even think that far ahead with such a relatively new fighter.

One gory elbow barrage and all of a sudden he can hit harder than a Ford Fiesta, and will be champion for centuries to come.

Last guy like that became a meme...
View attachment 396501

View attachment 396499

Fight fans should be excited about fresh blood, imagine if there was no Francis or Blaydes, this isn’t 155, this is HEAVYWEIGHT w all of 35 active guys and 6 of top 11 are over 35, who in the hell would we have to watch fighting for belts the next few years, Tybura vs Willis? Struve and Lewis? Imagine that heavyweight division lol... Blaydes is clearly the future, W what’s aroumd him

He got KTFO 2 years ago? Did you even watch his fight with Ngannou?

Really? I don't know if he'll be a champion. All I meant was he could and it wasn't any prediction. You went way out there claiming 5+ years. I don't get why you would even think that far ahead with such a relatively new fighter.

It isn’t way out there if you understand scouting heavyweights and the heavyweight division. There are different things to look for, and certain things stand out,
Eg a chin, cardio, wrestling. For Example Dana saw Cain at 2-0 and knew he was gonna be a champ, it’s why Brock was so successful, @Paul L saw Blaydes and had him top Prospect in the world at 3 or 4-0, and you can look no further than Paul’s lists to see a similar beast in Juan Adams as Paul’s next big pick.

It isn’t way out there if you understand scouting heavyweights and the heavyweight division. There are different things to look for, and certain things stand out,
Eg a chin, cardio, wrestling. For Example Dana saw Cain at 2-0 and knew he was gonna be a champ, it’s why Brock was so successful, @Paul L saw Blaydes and had him top Prospect in the world at 3 or 4-0, and you can look no further than Paul’s lists to see a similar beast in Juan Adams as Paul’s next big pick.

I also had Stipe in my top 3, and Ngannou in my top 10 (in retrospect I should have had Ngannou higher) before they were in the UFC. Heavyweights have specific characteristics that makes it easier to predict their success.

The thing with Blaydes is, every month that goes by he becomes more dangerous. The best time to beat him is now. If he beats the champion now, he's beat the best guy in the division at 50% of his potential. By the time he reaches 30 it's going to be impossible to get past him, until a younger guy steps up and the cycle repeats.

Back