Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

I used to read this site called Pajiba.cpm. It was mostly a tv and movie reviews site, and it was great in introducing me to new shows and indie movies. It's definitely a left leaning site, but over the years it has gotten into crazy left territory. And i am saying this as a guy that is mostly on the left politically ((maybe center left would be a better description these days)

Anyways, i read this site's opinion pieces on the Hardwick situation, and im just absolutely fucking baffled, and would love to understand how a person with more than 2 brain cells can look at a situation like this and see it in such black and white terms. I would honestly love to have a sit down chat with this guy and pick his brain. It is scary that people think like this and have no problem passing judgment with only half a story. Here's a little something from the guy, ..

"I don’t know if these books (books about gaslighting) have always been popular, either, or if I have just now started to stumble upon them en masse, but when I read Chloe Dykstra’s Medium piece yesterday, I recognized the exact same pattern in the actions of Chris Hardwick. It was uncanny, really, and Chris Hardwick’s response to those allegations fit, almost to a tee, how these gaslighting men would react in the books. They don’t get mad; they don’t get defensive; they reframe the narrative; they make themselves look like the good guy; they make the woman look — and probably feel — out of her damn mind.
That’s exactly what Chris Hardwick did in his response to Chloe Dykstra.

It’s so transparent. I hope that social media is not so easily persuaded by what is so clearly a case of gaslighting. I don’t know what else to add except that we believe Chloe. The nice thing about these books, too, is that in the end, the men always get what’s coming to them."

"Dirty fucking pool, Hardwick. When you’re using TMZ to fight your battles, you know you’ve already lost, and guess what? These texts also prove absolutely nothing, except how shitty Hardwick is and that, perhaps, Chloe Dykstra decided to try and make amends with Hardwick seven months after they broke up because HE BLACKLISTED HER."

So there basically is nothing a man accused of abuse can do but leave society. You can't defend yourself , explain, or deny the accusations. All you can do is bend over and take it? Really? That's justice to these people?
One of the rare occasion I campaign for Sharia law.

I agree with rape shield law generally but there is times when past behavior can and should be considered when the case is only he said, she said. Past behavior does not mean someone did something today but it sure can be a good credibility indicator.

That said this attempt to characterize such things as prior email, text and other written exchanges between a accuser and the defendant, used as REBUTTAL information as similar to bringing up a gals sexual past is disingenuous at best and disgusting at worst.

the arguments I have seen for it are parroting the rape shield laws and they refer directly to it saying 'OK even if the women were writing to the accused over and over across months asking to get back together does not mean they were not sexually assaulted in the relationship'.

And that is absolutely true. He could have been a horrible abuser and yet they still wanted to go out again.

But in a he said, she said case where often only credibility makes the difference it is important for the judge or jury to see the context of the exchanges of their information. they can always factor in that it could be possible they were being abused but still wanted to continue dating. Their lawyers can state that if they want.

But if Ghomeshi was forced to hand over all that material prior for the accuser and their lawyer to review you can bet they change all their accusations to avoid any conflict with what she had written prior. the only purpose is to try and make sure she can navigate around any credibility traps she might fall into if she does not change her story.

I don't disagree with much, if any, of your post.
In a situation with no physical evidence, I can see using information from correspondence being used to attempt to gain better insight to the situation.

I have a big issue with people using prior sexual contact with others to attempt to brush off a sexual assault accusation, it's horrendous some people can paint a victim as someone not victimized because they had a healthy sex life or had consenual, kinky sex with others or even the victim prior to an assault. But in lieu of physical evidence, a person has the right to defend themselves and gain any information pertinent to the charge, which correspondence between people can be but prior sexual history isn't.

It's unbelievable how fast Hardwick got thrown under the bus. This chick just sounds like a bitter ex, makes one statement out of the blue, and everyone is ready to crucify him.

It's been my experience, that the people who scream that they have proof and never show it, clearly have no proof.

Three Of Chris Hardwick’s Exes Have Come Forward To Defend Him Amid Abuse Allegations
Kimberly Ricci | 06.28.18

chris-hardwick.jpg

Two weeks ago, Nerdist erased all traces of founder and CEO Chris Hardwick after actress Chloe Dykstra published a Medium post that alleged “long-term” abuse, both emotional and sexual, (along with career blacklisting) against an unnamed ex-boyfriend who she accused of controlling behavior. Due to the specified timing and several other details, many people believed that Hardwick was the ex in question, and his career has taken several hits, including the shelving of his AMC talk show and cancellation of Comic-Con appearances.

Amid these allegations, Hardwick’s wife, Lydia Hearst, issued a statement of support for her husband, and over the past week, three of his ex-girlfriends have also come to his defense. All of these women have stressed that their experiences with him were very different than the ones described by Dykstra, and they urged the public not to rush to judgment:

• Jacinda Barrett, Real World alum and Bloodline actress, dated Hardwick for four years. She wrote on Instagram that Dykstra’s “story bears no resemblance to the one I shared with him all those years ago.” Barrett also argued that due process within the #MeToo movement is important and, amid allegations, “every man deserves a voice.”

• Janet Varney, comedian and animation voice actress of The Legend of Korra, spoke with the LA Times about her seven-year relationship with Hardwick. “Over the seven years Chris and I were together, I was never subjected to any kind of sexual abuse or controlling behavior whatsoever,” Varney insisted. “Since our breakup in 2011, we have remained friends.”

• Andrea Savage, who dated Hardwick over a decade ago, told PEOPLE that she feels likewise while calling him kind and supportive of women. “None of this rang true in terms of my experience with him,” Savage stated of Dykstra’s allegations. “He’s truly one of the least controlling people. That’s not the Chris I know.”
  • Prior to these women stepping up (and as mentioned above), Lydia Hearst penned an Instagram post, in which she stressed that she wasn’t making a “statement in defense,” but rather, a “statement of defense” of Hardwick. Hearst firmly believes that there’s nothing that Hardwick did that requires defending, and she’s coming forward “not out of obligation, but out of necessity to speak the truth about the person I know.” You can read her full post below, in which Hearst also describes her husband as nonjudgmental and compassionate.

https://uproxx.com/news/chris-hardwick-exes-defend-him-abuse-allegations/2/

Last edited:
What does anyone expect? Hollywood is run by liberal snowflake asswipes.

Oh, I suddenly give a shit

Who asked you to, cool guy? o_O

Ain't nobody here at the adults table are requesting for your utterly-useless opinion, when your clearly don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to our discussion, kid. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Who asked you to, cool guy?

Ain't nobody here at the adults table are requesting for your utterly-useless opinion, when your clearly don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to our discussion, kid.
I'm probably older than you, sis.

Do you have a Chris Hardwick shrine hidden away that your poor wife is gonna come across one day?

Do you have a Chris Hardwick shrine hidden away that your poor wife is gonna come across one day?
You certainly aren't acting like it.

Here, I'll save you the trouble..
"Derp derp, aww sho shweet. you are protecting your boyfriend and fellow Hardwick cult member"
Lol why do people come into threads just to announce they don't give a shit? Have an opinion on the subject or GTFO. Hardwick is a pretty well known guy for what he does. I don't listen to anything he does, but i know who he is

You certainly aren't acting like it.

Here, I'll save you the trouble..
"Derp derp, aww sho shweet. you are protecting your boyfriend and fellow Hardwick cult member"
Lol why do people come into threads just to announce they don't give a shit? Have an opinion on the subject or GTFO. Hardwick is a pretty well known guy for what he does. I don't listen to anything he does, but i know who he is
He probably a bitter angry guy who likes to see innocent people who made money fail or suffer.

Nobody here is actually doubting the self-evident fact that your on-going "intellectual contributions" on the subject matter is utterly and completely worthless. There is absolutely no need for you to further continue making your case.

Last edited:
Nobody here is actually doubting the self-evident fact that your on-going "intellectual contributions" on the subject matter is utterly and completely worthless in every sense of the word.

There is absolutely no need for you to further continue making your case about your general worthlessness, for no one is actually disputing it.
Do you always get this worked up about things things that don't matter? Take your meds.

Who asked you to, cool guy? o_O

Ain't nobody here at the adults table are requesting for your utterly-useless opinion, when your clearly don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to our discussion, kid. :rolleyes:

Lol rustled.

I agree with rape shield law generally but there is times when past behavior can and should be considered when the case is only he said, she said. Past behavior does not mean someone did something today but it sure can be a good credibility indicator.

That said this attempt to characterize such things as prior email, text and other written exchanges between a accuser and the defendant, used as REBUTTAL information as similar to bringing up a gals sexual past is disingenuous at best and disgusting at worst.

the arguments I have seen for it are parroting the rape shield laws and they refer directly to it saying 'OK even if the women were writing to the accused over and over across months asking to get back together does not mean they were not sexually assaulted in the relationship'.

And that is absolutely true. He could have been a horrible abuser and yet they still wanted to go out again.

But in a he said, she said case where often only credibility makes the difference it is important for the judge or jury to see the context of the exchanges of their information. they can always factor in that it could be possible they were being abused but still wanted to continue dating. Their lawyers can state that if they want.

But if Ghomeshi was forced to hand over all that material prior for the accuser and their lawyer to review you can bet they change all their accusations to avoid any conflict with what she had written prior. the only purpose is to try and make sure she can navigate around any credibility traps she might fall into if she does not change her story.
And that is why only the Crown is required to follow duty to disclose evidence.

But truthfully, they were in possession of all that info if they wanted it anyways. The girls still had those emails and text history. They just did not disclose it because, well, they look like desperate hoes with no credibility out for revenge for being dumped after a quickie. Which quite frankly, evidence indicates is the case.

Speaking even more frankly, those women were beyond stupid.

To try to get together and form a line of attack to gang up on him before they went to the authorities, all claiming they did not know each other and had never met after going to the authorities.

To say they were terrified of him and never saw him again, only for Texts, emails and facebook messages to show they chased him for MONTHS after he jilted them, sending bikini pics or even nudes, trying to get him in the sack again. One of them even admitted upon cross " yeah I forgot but I did willingly give him a handjob in the bathroom at work a few weeks after the alleged rape".

Sorry if you are going to testify, I do not care about your past history and all that stuff if it is irrelevant to the charges. But if you outright lie on the stand and are caught red handed, you can't just say "i was emotionally distraught and forgot about that".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back