Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

A good read:

. Goal of 80,000 Recruits Won't Be Met, U.S. Army Secretary Says.
Link: https://www.military.com/daily-news...its-year-wont-be-met-army-secretary-says.html

. The U.S. Army is trying to bring in more recruits, and it's changing its standards to get them.
Link: http://www.businessinsider.com/army-changing-recruiting-standards-to-attract-more-soldiers-2017-10

. When Military Recruiting Goes Bad.
Link: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/top-lies-some-recruiters-tell-3354054

When I was in Tech School (The USAF version of AIT), there was a guy who was going through the Med-Tech courses. I saw him wearing a Marines T-Shirt one day and I was like "What's up with that?" He said that his Marine recruiter told him he could be a medic as a Marine. I was like "Yeah, so?" (I was a nooblet at the time) and he said "The recruiter straight up lied to me. The Navy takes care of all medical for the Marines. There is no medical component in the Marines." I was like...

<TheWire1>

He said that he got rifleman and he went to his commander. His parents had it in writing that he was supposed to be a medic. So, he was honorably discharged and went into the USAF.

RASP does a lot more than RIP. The guys are given a crash course in Ranger Batt SOPs, as well as Infantry tactics. I don’t know every detail but its like 3-4 weeks try-out and 4 weeks training, so that the new privates come to Batt with a baseline.

...and that makes them a Ranger. A beret and a scroll. They still have another 8 weeks of Ranger school or they are out. I love that. It is like giving a guy a green beret and the SF unit patch after completion of SFAS. He is fully qualified but needs to complete the 'Q' course to get the tab. Makes no sense to me. Isn't SFAS 4 weeks long?

That's still not a requirement to actually be a Ranger like you said earlier. :p

Rangers pre-date Ranger school thus I believe their heritage would lead me to believe you're a Ranger if you serve in their unit. The school is a qualification created in the 1950s, well after Point Du Hoc, among other famous Ranger history..

That's still not a requirement to actually be a Ranger like you said earlier.
Ranger School is a requirement for all officers and NCOs of the 75th Ranger Regiment.
RASP does a lot more than RIP. The guys are given a crash course in Ranger Batt SOPs, as well as Infantry tactics.

Those RASP 'Rangers' don't know shit about what the Mountain Phase and Swamp Phase of Ranger school teaches. Not to mention they don't know shit about the Ranger Handbook. I don't care what the 75th Ranger Regiment or the U.S. Army has to say on the matter. Only 'tabbed' soldiers are Rangers. A 'scroll' is a unit patch. Old school guys like me and my friends have a real good laugh at that issue. Doesn't matter, the minute women began to wear the tab it stopped having any meaning.

Lisa Jaster is already a Major with 18 years of service. Time flies. Not sure why she has not made it to Lieutenant Colonel (LTC). Two more years and I think she will be out. One less female with a Ranger tab.

I don't care what the 75th Ranger Regiment or the U.S. Army has to say on the matter. Only 'tabbed' soldiers are Rangers.
"I don't care what math or reality has to say on the matter. 2 + 2 = 5."

Doesn't matter, the minute women began to wear the tab it stopped having any meaning.
You sure act like it matters...​

Rangers pre-date Ranger school thus I believe their heritage would lead me to believe you're a Ranger if you serve in their unit. The school is a qualification created in the 1950s, well after Point Du Hoc, among other famous Ranger history..

God bless Robert Rogers, good British warrior ;)

Rangers pre-date Ranger school thus I believe their heritage would lead me to believe you're a Ranger if you serve in their unit.

The story is even worst in 1943 @X-Pac Rules. There, the U.S. Army made a bunch of volunteer soldiers Rangers overnight. The 2nd Ranger Battalion was activated in April, 1943, at Camp Forrest, Tennessee. Training for the new Rangers took place in Britain in November of that year. The unit trained intensively for D-Day, specializing in amphibious and mountain warfare skills. So, there was no RASP, Ranger school, or Ranger Handbook, but they were still Rangers with no training for about 7 months.

2nd-rangers.png

God bless Robert Rogers, good British warrior.

In 1775, Robert Rogers offered his services to General George Washington. However, Washington turned him down, fearing he might be a spy. "The Americans were as out of touch with Rogers as he was with them, looking upon him as the noted ranger leader and expecting him to behave as one; they were at a total loss to explain his drunken and licentious behavior." Still, he was a great leader and tactician, specially in guerrilla warfare. I would rank him with the likes of Nathan Bedford Forrest of the Confederate Army of the South. Forrest was a tough SOB who gave the Union Army hell. He had 29 horses shot from under him. Surrounded by Union troops, he still managed to break away with a dead Union soldier as shield on his back.

Last edited:
I always thought that in order to be considered a Ranger you neede to be in the Regiment. But what do I know.

But I do know that it’s constantly a dick measuring contest in this thread lol. Right @Phr3121 ?

I always thought that in order to be considered a Ranger you neede to be in the Regiment. But what do I know. But I do know that it’s constantly a dick measuring contest in this thread lol. Right @Phr3121 ?

Yeah. It is called RANGER school, and you get a RANGER tab after graduation. The tab does not come with a fine line disclaimer saying: "You are only a Ranger if you are with the 75th Ranger Regiment". Don't award the tab to non-Regiment Rangers. Do it like the Marines. Their Ranger graduates are not allowed to wear the tab. Just have it listed in your 201 file. Like Delta soldiers.

Man, am I glad I got out when I did. DoD is getting dumber by the year, and it is flowing down to the U.S. Army. Women in the Infantry. Gays serving openly in ranks. RASP graduates being called Rangers, and so on. Special Forces seems to be the last bastion of the U.S. Army, but they too will be falling when gays and women begin to appear. There may be gays in there right now, but I'm sure they are keeping a low profile.

How do you think 101st Airborne Division veterans felt when the U.S. Army turned that Division into an Air Assault Division. They should have removed the Airborne tab, but they didn't, for historical reasons.

Man, am I glad I got out when I did. DoD is getting dumber by the year, and it is flowing down to the U.S. Army. Women in the Infantry. Gays serving openly in ranks. RASP graduates being called Rangers, and so on. Special Forces seems to be the last bastion of the U.S. Army, but they too will be falling when gays and women begin to appear. There may be gays in there right now, but I'm sure they are keeping a low profile.

How do you think 101st Airborne Division veterans felt when the U.S. Army turned that Division into an Air Assault Division. They should have removed the Airborne tab, but they didn't, for historical reasons.
giphy.gif

For fuck sake. Look at this picture. Two grown men kissing each other after one (Marine) returns from a deployment. You have family and children around.

Man, am I glad I got out when I did. DoD is getting dumber by the year, and it is flowing down to the U.S. Army.

Looks like I'm right, again...

"Army Will Add 2 Months to Infantry Course to Make Grunts More Lethal"

Story: https://www.military.com/daily-news...ke-grunts-more-lethal.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm

So, how do you justify this? The training was weak? The soldiers are weak? 2 months of training makes a soldier more lethal now? What were they before? That is the unit's responsibility to make a soldier more lethal, not the school. Here we go again. But hey, if a RASP graduate is a Ranger, anything goes right? ;) Waste of time and money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back