Lee Murray still wants that UFC Belt

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/...rom-moroccan-jail-part-1-the-bank-job-mma-ufc

Bloody Elbow: What are the three things you think about daily?

Lee Murray: Well, the first thing would have to be freedom. Without that, nothing else is possible. The next would be my family, and the third would be fighting again.

/

BE: What do you do to pass the time?

LM: I train. That’s all you can do. I train and try to get as fit and strong as possible, so I’m always ready to fight. There have been times when I’ve been sitting in a room next to people with multiple death sentences and it’s then your problem seems very small. I’m still here to fight another day.

/

BE: What do you miss most about freedom?

LM: Spending time with my family and trying to catch up on some of the time that has been lost.

BE: Are you able to find happiness in your current situation?

LM: There’s no happiness where I am. But I suppose I can say I’m happy I’m still alive. I’ve had a lot of time to reflect on things in my past and really see where I went wrong in life. There have been times when I’ve been sitting in a room next to people with multiple death sentences and it’s then your problem seems very small. I’m still here to fight another day. Yes, it is tough – it’s tough as hell – but I suppose I’m lucky I’m a tough motherf—ker.

BE: Do you have any goals that keep you motivated?

LM: I still have that dream of being the UFC champion. That dream will never go all the time I’m breathing air. The biggest disappointment for me is that the dream would have come true if I wasn’t in prison. That’s the most gutting thing about it.

BE: Do you still follow fight sports?

LM: Yeah, for sure. My family and friends always keep me up to date with what’s going on.

The growth of MMA since 2006, when I entered prison, is amazing. If someone would have said to me back in 2006 that women will be big stars in MMA and earn millions of dollars, I would never have believed it. That just shows how much the sport has evolved.

BE: Who are your favorite fighters in MMA today?

LM: I like Gegard Mousasi. For me, he is the number one middleweight in the world. He is very well-rounded and can fight in every position. I used to keep my eye on him back in the day because there was always a chance I could end up fighting him. He has really come on, which I knew he would. You could tell he had the qualities to be a good fighter back then.

Also, Michael Page. Michael is from the same camp as me, London Shootfighters, and it’s a shame I am not there to train with him. He would have been perfect to spar back in 2004 when I was preparing for the Anderson Silva fight. I think Michael has the skills to become a great champion – not just in MMA but in boxing, too. He could become the first man to hold world titles in MMA and boxing.

I have to say Jon Jones as well. He is the best fighter on the planet, with or without steroids. He cleaned up the 205-pound division and needs to go up to heavyweight and take that belt.

BE: What is the last thing on your mind before you go to sleep at night?

LM: Freedom. That and being with my family and bringing home that UFC belt.

lee-murray-fighter.jpg

Soooo, he plans on fighting at 57 years old when he gets out?

I guess Morocco DOES have the best hash in the world.

Last edited:
So, he plans on fighting at 57 years old when he gets out?

He's got a positive dream to keep him going in there, if that's what it takes for him to help do his time, then I can't really pass judgment on the guy.

Only shot he has at a belt will be a prison boxing belt

Murray vs Tito 2... make it happen coker..

"The biggest disappointment for me is that the dream would have come true if I wasn’t in prison."

<{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}>

I kinda feel for him. Sad to say... Sure he commited a heinous crime, but that's very candid of him to talk like that.

Soooo, he plans on fighting at 57 years old when he gets out?

Yeah I smoked their weed and you can be sure it is

Last edited:
wut? he robbed some joint, not kill or rape.
He was a part of one of the largest bank robberies ever. I've been robbed twice at my work and I must say its infuriating. Someone threatens your life for money they don't have to work for. Now scale that to that bank robbery.

They need to be punished or else everyone would do it. But to what extent?

Back