Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Holy shit am I glad I remembered about the fight exactly at 10:30. Roxy!

Looks like they cut the women’s featherweights from TUF 28

Nice work by Roxy, but WTF Barb, why, why would you go for a takedown when you're solidly winning the standup? Talk about throwing a winnable fight away.

Montana vs. Rachael wasn't what I expected. Rachael showed surprisingly good adaptability after getting out struck the first round, she pressured, put longer combos together, and mixed in some kicks as well. Also showed good basics in takedown defence, she got a strong overhook and got off to the side to use it as a whizzer so that Montana couldn't continue pressureing & chaining takedown attempts. Also knew when to punch through an underhook and use it to get off the fence and disengage. She got fucked by the ref though, Montana must've put a couple dozen elbows into the back of her head before finishing the choke in the 3rd. Poor girl's gonna have a nasty concussion after this fight.

Really?

They need to close that division down if they are gonna refuse to build it up as a proper division - this is getting ridiculous. With TUF's status up in the air, it feels like this was the UFC's last chance to form something resembling a division at W145

Bloody Elbow the only one reporting this and already knew of one person that was trying to make weight for the show. So I take this with a grain of salt.

Good. It's an abortion of a division to begin with, what with most of the fighters in the division being blown up bantamweights.
I said from the beginning that trying to build FW would be a failure and most of the fighters would end up in BW anyway, good the see the UFC has seen the light.

Hope Rachael could learn a lesson tonight, DO NOT go for an armbar in an ufc fight unless you are facing CM Punk.
Rachael is surprisingly athetic, she could have big improvement if she comes out with a better gameplan next time.

Not impressed by Montana. No power behind punches and multiple fail TD attempts.

in case you missed it

I did miss it, so thanks. For someone who otherwise always seems so nice, Modafferi has some serious killer instinct when she’s on top, I’m very happy for her.

Well it looks like this tuf rumour is true and I'm disappointed. Pacheco was tagging tuf28 on her IG posts then suddenly stopped, thought UFC had just had a word. Then Dandois sounded disappointed, this from Sorenson is a bit of a clincher

Well it looks like this tuf rumour is true and I'm disappointed. Pacheco was tagging tuf28 on her IG posts then suddenly stopped, thought UFC had just had a word. Then Dandois sounded disappointed, this from Sorenson is a bit of a clincher

I am not sure what kind of talent the UFC expected the casting call to bring out. This mess up lands entirely on them. Everyone knows how bad 145 is. A TUF casting call was never going to change that. All it did was give hope to people who are now all disappointed. I am guessing this is why he gave that heavyweight the position on TUF instead of a contract. They planned to have 8 HWs on the show and now they need to fill 8 more extra slots.

I am guessing this is why he gave that heavyweight the position on TUF instead of a contract. They planned to have 8 HWs on the show and now they need to fill 8 more extra slots.

Well that makes sense. Some of the more genuine 145ers seem to be hinting that the UFC went with pretty girls and 135 pounders. I see Roxy tagged Alpar and tuf28 in an IG post from Syndicate, so she could have been in Vegas for the show.. Perhaps someone higher up the food chain saw what the producers were doing and called a halt out of embarrasment.

Decent kickbox fight at ONE, except for Yodcherry not really being adept at scoring under kickboxing rules (She probably thought she was winning here, it would have been a close fight in Thailand). It somehow seems correct that the third or fourth best 48kg fighter in China is ONE's first champion. Would like to see Chuang get a chance to get back some of her losses.

52:50 for Istela Nunes/Gina Iniong MMA, and 3:22:43 for Yodcherry/Kai Tai Chuang kickboxing

Last edited:
Yay Roxy! So happy for her getting her first UFC win.

Of course I'll post this here instead of in the heavies as they just simply refuse to believe there is any difference between present-day Roxy and pre-Syndicate Roxy.

Yay Roxy! So happy for her getting her first UFC win.

Of course I'll post this here instead of in the heavies as they just simply refuse to believe there is any difference between present-day Roxy and pre-Syndicate Roxy.

Yep.

And the thing that impresses me the most about Roxy - other than her being one of the best people ever in MMA - is that despite vision issues and a lack of many athletic qualities, she has challenged for the belt in both Invicta and the UFC. That is a testimony to her tremendous work ethic and incredible attitude.

She’s comfortably in the top ten at 125 no matter what people in the heavies think imo

You know once this info gains traction Cyborg is gonna cause a ton of drama. They should have just done 105 TUF. That division has so much personality and talent. The problem is the talent is spread thin through out a lot of promotions.
https://fightingtoeat.wordpress.com...-complete-joke/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If this is true I’m at least happy Macy Chiasson and Bea Malecki got on.
To be honest I don't mind them picking some 135ers for the show. The UFC's 135 division is in need of a serious infusion of talent. While 135 is not a good division overall it still has way more talent than 145. So even if some fighters here go down to 135 after TUF i'm cool with that.

I would rather Pannie get picked up rather than someone like Jozette Cotton. My main concern with this 145 division is to keep away the people who will embarrass WMMA. We don't need to see Jozette Cotton jumping around like a pogo stick on a big PPV. I am a fan of Cindy but I don't want to see her level of striking on the big stage again. I really hope she has improved in that area because she is a really good fighter and without her level of striking holding her back she could actually make a lot of money fighting at 145.

Last edited:
Back