fury road is overrated

?

• Total voters
Wasn't overly impressed by it. If there is such a thing as too much action then Fury Road is a prime example, the choreography and stunts were top notch but it all got very repetitive and quite honestly a bit fucking boring after a while. My main issue really though was Tom Hardy. I know there are a hell of a lot of you romos in here who have a major hard-on for the guy but I just didn't buy him as Max Rockatansky, don't get me wrong he's a decent enough actor but he lacked the effortless cool of Gibson and just wasn't the right man to fill his boots. For me Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior is the only movie in the whole franchise which is a truly great movie, it's damn near perfect in fact and ranks as one of my absolute GOATs.

Last edited:
It was visually impressive, but otherwise bleah.

A lot of people don't have any other criteria for a movie, other than "visually impressive" and "tons of hyper action".

If you didn't see it in imax 3d Atmos or whatever, then yea.

Those specactular movies are a must-see-in-theatres type of film. I loved it but would never watch it on a plane.

Weird. I would only watch it o a plane.

Crazy to call this film “overrated”.

The truth is, it flat-out sucked.

It was a movie-length, metal music video. It had absolutely no plot, but I was entertained. It has very low replay value for me tho, I tried to rewatch it once, and only made it 20 minutes.

The first time viewing experience was a 7/10 for me, but as a movie, it is a 4 or 5/10 at best. I knew after leaving the theater, that I would likely never watch it in its entirety again.

It is a pile of shit.

Weird. I would only watch it o a plane.
Not for me. I prefer to watch movies in an optimum setting.

If I'm on a plane I will usually watch a comedy or maybe drama...but I'm at the cinema almost every week during the summer to catch all the action movies. After all, when you watch it on a small screen you are missing out...and if you don't see them during their initial run you probably won't get a chance to see it in the best environment.

I enjoyed it but it's not anything special. 7/10 imo

the Mad Max franchise is one of my favorite film series, and in my opinion Fury Road is at the top. i think Thunderdome is really underrated and the whole series is great, and while i was hoping Fury Road would be good i was blown away when i saw it in the theater. and repeat viewings have definitely not changed my mind.

Fury Road and Blade Runner 2049 were better-than-they-should-be additions to franchises in my opinion, but i'm not surprised that others don't feel the same way.

I absolutely loved it. Maybe the best action scenes I've ever seen in a movie. Actually saw it twice in theatres, which is something I almost never do.

As a Huge Mad Max fan, that movie was complete BS.

It was pretty but basically just a 2 hour car chase so I started getting bored pretty quickly. I did have very high expectations having grown up with the Road Warrior and thinking it would be as good but it's not even close.

It was pretty but basically just a 2 hour car chase so I started getting bored pretty quickly. I did have very high expectations having grown up with the Road Warrior and thinking it would be as good but it's not even close.

My date in the theater fell asleep a half hour in. An hour later, I was jealous.

Not for me. I prefer to watch movies in an optimum setting.

If I'm on a plane I will usually watch a comedy or maybe drama...but I'm at the cinema almost every week during the summer to catch all the action movies. After all, when you watch it on a small screen you are missing out...and if you don't see them during their initial run you probably won't get a chance to see it in the best environment.

I just watch anything on a plane to take my mind off how long the flight is. That’s usually when I watch movies I would never normally watch.

If you didn't see it in imax 3d Atmos or whatever, then yea.

Those specactular movies are a must-see-in-theatres type of film. I loved it but would never watch it on a plane.

I watched it on a plane and hated it.

I saw it for the first time around 4 months ago, thought it was entertaining.

I liked the cinematography, put it on par with Book of Eli in that regard.

I voted "good".

I really enjoyed it. There is no intricate plot or Oscar level acting, but the stunt, set pieces, design, action sequences were all on point, culminating into a great summer action flick.

Back