Teen asks GOP candidate about silly climate change claims & donations; he insults her, crowd cheers

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fun little insight into the policy acumen of the Republican Party's supporters.

"Eighteen-year-old Rose Strauss is a member of a youth climate advocacy organization. On Wednesday, she attended Wagner’s town hall in Glenside, just outside Philadelphia.

She tells Wagner he has said climate change is the result of people’s body heat, and asks if that opinion has anything to do with money he’s taken from the fossil fuel industry.

Wagner tells Strauss 'you’re 18 years old; you’re a little young and naive' as many in crowd break into laughter and applause. He says he appreciates her being there but asks 'are we here to elect a governor or a scientist?'"

https://apnews.com/4fd2f465f84a4fe295d8243fe1d4a807

"Many in the crowd" eh? There were like a dozen people there and maybe 4 or 5 that clapped or laughed. The guy running is probably a moron and the girl is 18 so probably doesn't know anything either.

FFS, these baby boomers need to hurry up and die

I can't watch the video right now, how did he insult her? What did he say?

I think its silly to accuse him of sexism based on just that, he was clearly dismissing her based on her youth which she kind of opened herself up to by mentioning her age. But man what a blatant dodge, if a teenager can corner you so badly you have to default to "y-you're just a kid" and "I ain't no egghead!" then you know you're full of shit.

The teenager in question was half right.

People respond to incentives. Whether they're politicians, or climate scientists.

Bahahahaha! What a fucking idiot! Body heat? Are there really people that believe such shit?

That guy is infuriating. "are we here to elect a governor or a scientist?" America is not Spain during the Inquisition. Since when is science and governance mutually exclusive in the United States?

"Many in the crowd" eh? There were like a dozen people there and maybe 4 or 5 that clapped or laughed. The guy running is probably a moron and the girl is 18 so probably doesn't know anything either.

She seemed to have a better grasp on the issues than this bozo. “Are we here to elect a scientist or a governor? Hurr durr” —hopefully this clown gets destroyed. Fucking body heat?

Her being a teenager does not in any way discredit her concern. That’s a really lazy way to dance around the issue, and it doesn’t make you any better than this screwball.

i expected way worse

i mean that's an insult nowadays?

guy's still an idiot tho

Well, body heat DOES warm up a physical space and Pennsylvania IS the 5th most populous state with over 12 million people.

That's 12 million little furnaces working. That's just bound to create some warmth, isn't it? But these liberals are immune to logic and common sense.

She seemed to have a better grasp on the issues than this bozo. “Are we here to elect a scientist or a governor? Hurr durr” —hopefully this clown gets destroyed. Fucking body heat?

Her being a teenager does not in any way discredit her concern. That’s a really lazy way to dance around the issue, and it doesn’t make you any better than this screwball.
Her never having worked or paid taxes in her life doesn't discredit her opinion on taxes and regulations? She expects a governor of Pennsylvania to control the climate ffs.

I mean I know we've come a ways on education since these folks were in school, but goddamn.

Well, body heat DOES warm up a physical space and Pennsylvania IS the 5th most populous state with over 12 million people.

That's 12 million little furnaces working. That's just bound to create some warmth, isn't it? But these liberals are immune to logic and common sense.

See? He must have went to the same school that Governor went to.

Full disclosure:

Whenever I hear someone talking about how "we need to do something about climate change!", I'm always reminded of the tale of King Canute, the king of Denmark.

One day he wanted to show the power of his government, so he set his throne down on the shore and commanded the tide: "obey your King, I demand the tide not come in!"

Needless to say, mother nature ignores all man-made proclamations. Our attempts to ease the anxieties of those who forecast some kind of climate catastrophe will be as effective as the proclamations of King Canute.

Full disclosure:

Whenever I hear someone talking about how "we need to do something about climate change!", I'm always reminded of the tale of King Canute, the king of Denmark.

One day he wanted to show the power of his government, so he set his throne down on the shore and commanded the tide: "obey your King, I demand the tide not come in!"

Needless to say, mother nature ignores all man-made proclamations. Our attempts to ease the anxieties of those who forecast some kind of climate catastrophe will be as effective as the proclamations of King Canute.

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/w...0-worst-man-made-environmental-disasters/dust

Man made natural disasters are a thing and they are well documented. Cute kids story though.

Her never having worked or paid taxes in her life doesn't discredit her opinion on taxes and regulations? She expects a governor of Pennsylvania to control the climate ffs.
Okay, first of all, you have absolutely no idea about her work experience. So let’s forget about that.

Her question was about a dangerously stupid and irresponsible opinion that a man running for the highest executive office in the commonwealth believes. She is allowed to call him on this bullshit.

Who would you have her appeal to if climate change is a concern for her? The courts? Well that wouldn’t make sense. The legislature? She could approach them on it. Frankly a gubernatorial candidate is exactly who she should be addressing these concerns to.

It seems like you’re mad that someone on your team got backed into a corner by a teenager.

Back