So can we have an actual discussion about Shogun?

Shogun was pretty good. He had a hell of a lot of luck in the Pride GP he won and game planned well per the stylistic match-up in his UFC title run. That all seemed to go out the window after that. No more luck and no more smart game planning.

If you compare Shogun's major wins in the past to the recent Shogun fights, and you can't tell the difference, I don't know what to say.

If you compare Shogun's major wins in the past to the recent Shogun fights, and you can't tell the difference, I don't know what to say.
The biggest difference is that he's fighting better people now.

He used all the attributes on his height and had nothing left for that hairline
no hair gives you better aerodynamics. If Silva had hair, he woulda caught Forrest's hands.

If the criteria is "who did they beat", he's the 2nd best LHW of all time.

Excuses. TS has a point. Shogun fought in a era full of brawlers and dudes with shitty defense

His defense is amauter at best. Ive seen 16 year olds at the Mayweather gym who have better defense. Dude just shields up like a moron. Terrible. Also what's up with that body you're an athlete.
You compare people to their generation of skill. He beat studs for six years. Royce gets smoked by everyone today. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t meaningful to his time period.

If USADA wasn't around, I think Shogun would've had a bit more success.

Look like when he was a kid growing up he went trick or treating as himself

When he played ball as a kid he was picked last and forced to play center

Back