Ecuador To Hand Over Assange To UK

I think Snowden is more a whistleblower but he fucked up by not wanting to be prosecuted and gave all that intel away to the Chinese and Russians. He would have gotten a lot more sympathy if he had stayed here and faced the music.
He fucked up by not wanting to be prosecuted? Sounds like a natural level of self preservation, no one wants to face a trial where they could ultimately get executed. Maybe if the Obama administration didn't chase whistle-blowers to the ends of the earth Snowden wouldn't have ran into Putin's arms.

He fucked up by not wanting to be prosecuted? Sounds like a natural level of self preservation, no one wants to face a trial where they could ultimately get executed. Maybe if the Obama administration didn't chase whistle-blowers to the ends of the earth Snowden wouldn't have ran into Putin's arms.
I understand his decision but when he took all that information with him to our biggest adversaries he dug himself a bigger hole.

Where would you place the probability?

Below 50 percent but significant. He didn't spend a lot of time in China, not long enough for me to assume they negotiated in any real capacity. The Russians have denied cooperation with him, which may be true maybe not. It makes more sense to me that Russia would hold him as a bargaining chip and he's of no use that way if they already get everything he knows. Also, Russia gets to look like the good guy in all of this if they give him safe haven and in todays political climate that's very valuable to Russia when they're constantly demonized on the worlds stage.

I'd put it at a 25% chance Snowden has cooperated with Russian intel if I were to guess.

It's like you think America owes something to a hostile Australian.

Sorry, I draw the line with "free speech" on foreigners who leak secrets from illegally hacked or stolen government documents that get my own killed.

Free speech for 4 legs not for 2 legs.

Are we sure this isn't a parody site? This is the sort of shit we have characters say in our political satires.

I thought the founding father erudite when they wrote.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

got to draw a line though.

People are so fucked up from not knowing the difference between fake news and simple truth, that one of the few out there willing to tell the truth, regardless where it leads, must be crucified.

Below 50 percent but significant. He didn't spend a lot of time in China, not long enough for me to assume they negotiated in any real capacity. The Russians have denied cooperation with him, which may be true maybe not. It makes more sense to me that Russia would hold him as a bargaining chip and he's of no use that way if they already get everything he knows. Also, Russia gets to look like the good guy in all of this if they give him safe haven and in todays political climate that's very valuable to Russia when they're constantly demonized on the worlds stage.

I'd put it at a 25% chance Snowden has cooperated with Russian intel if I were to guess.
I don't even mean that way. I mean in a wake up in the morning in a tub missing a kidney type of way. Those governments aren't worried about gaining cooperation. I just don't see him being able to protect the information once he was under their power. That's why I said I do consider him more a whistleblower than someone like Assange that's pushing his own agenda.

Rights are either rights or they are privileges that people want to grant to others that think the same and remove from people that don't (that seems to be the rough pattern for the authoritarians)

Assange has been a dead loss since he started using Wikileaks as a platform for personal self promotion. When Assange became the very public face, and Daniel Domscheit-Berg left, it was the end of Wikileaks as an admirable platform in my opinion.
His lack of transparency about his own agenda, his work as a propagandist for RT and his vocal and politically significant claims which amounted to nothing (the book release!) were symptomatic of that change.
For all that, I'm not sure he's done anything he should be prosecuted for in the US, although I was disappointed he wasn't either exonerated or sentenced over the rape charges.

Assange has been a dead loss since he started using Wikileaks as a platform for personal self promotion. When Assange became the very public face, and Daniel Domscheit-Berg left, it was the end of Wikileaks as an admirable platform in my opinion.
His lack of transparency about his own agenda, his work as a propagandist for RT and his vocal and politically significant claims which amounted to nothing (the book release!) were symptomatic of that change.
For all that, I'm not sure he's done anything he should be prosecuted for in the US, although I was disappointed he wasn't either exonerated or sentenced over the rape charges.
I think he should have faced the trial. He's probably more likely to get extradited to the US now than he was back then.

I think he should have faced the trial. He's probably more likely to get extradited to the US now than he was back then.

Easy for me to say from here, but even if they'd extradited him I feel like he'd have a greater impact as a legitimate political prisoner.
Wikileaks clearly doesn't need him operationally, and I don't think his twitter activism, emails to Trump jr, RT appearances or turning to Ecuador for sanctuary achieved anything positive. Just the opposite.

LOL at you and only white people pay taxes. Get stuffed.

I didn't say that.

But white men pay more taxes than women, Hispanics, blacks, Muslims.

White men, as a demographic, claim very little in welfare compared to how much they pay in.

The bulk of tax revenue comes from white men, this is just a fact.

The migrants coming over on rubber dingies are hardly brining taxable income and are largely being supported by taxing citizens (mainly white natives to the land).

We are, in effect, paying for our own replacement.

Last edited:
I think the charges he has pending are for jumping bail from a British court as the statute of limitations are up on his rape charges in Sweden.
jumping bail on what charges in Britain? not disputing that there is some "legit" reason they are giving, I just dont know what it is

Assange, Snowden, Russia, Putin ...

All of these issues are chicken feed compared to the migrant crisis.

The migrant crisis threatens to irreversibly change and destroy our continent from the inside out.

With that said, LMFAO @ the people angry at Assange for "subverting our democracy" and he is an "enemy of the state" ....

This is f**king chicken feed to what our leaders are doing to us.

The sooner European nations wrest control back from the EU, the better.

I didn't say that.

But white men pay more taxes than women, Hispanics, blacks, Muslims.

White men, as a demographic, claim very little in welfare compared to how much they pay in.

The bulk of tax revenue comes from white men, this is just a fact.

The migrants coming over on rubber dingies are hardly brining taxable income and are largely being supported by taxing citizens (mainly white natives to the land).

We are, in effect, paying for our own replacement.
Yes, you did,
"Brits are already an ethnic minority in London and Birmingham. Soon, there won't be enough white people to tax and too many takers."

I repeat, get stuffed.

Yes, you did,
"Brits are already an ethnic minority in London and Birmingham. Soon, there won't be enough white people to tax and too many takers."

I repeat, get stuffed.

I didn't say that "only white people pay taxes". Re-read my post, i didn't speak in absolutes.

But it is true, that white men pay the bulk of the taxes, and claim back very little.

Whereas Africans on dingies are a tax burden. If they start to migrate in huge numbers in the coming decades(which they will), it will break the welfare state.

My allegiance is to principle. Your ethics appear more situational. Must be why you're imagining things. :D
No, my principles are intact. I'm not a Free Speech absolutist, nor were the Founding Fathers.

Again, we don't owe this man our own legal protections; in fact, even if he were American, the freedom of speech doesn't extend to active sedition, and that's precisely what this is.

I'm not a Free Speech absolutist...
I concur. ;)

Again, we don't owe this man our own legal protections; in fact, even if he were American, the freedom of speech doesn't extend to active sedition, and that's precisely what this is.
He has done nothing illegal and he has certainly not done anything wrong.

For background:

And the man was doing quite fine until he leaked the emails with Hillary admitting we were going into Syria for Israel.

Back