SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 118 Movie! [Double-Feature]

Let's pick the week 118 Movie

• Theme 3: How to Beat the High Cost of Living / 9 to 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

People shit on Lynch but he is a bonafide genius at setting a mood using music. His fade out of the music for the conversation with the stranger in Lost Highway is a savage move given the context of the clip and then at the end of the scene the music fades back in. Check this scene out.

giphy.gif

1) Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

2) Killer Klowns From Outer Space

3) Fright Night

4) Ghostbusters

5) Little Shop of Horrors

Who doesn't harbor some hatred for the man? Somebody else's rules keeping us chained & imprisoned. I say fuck that! Fight the fuckin' system! And what better way to do that than from the safety of our couches?

giphy.gif

Well before this current trend in cinema where we see more women in roles generally associated with men, the year 1980 provided a glimpse of girl power with these two films. Who doesn't enjoy watching the ladies make the world a better place by robbing & kidnapping?

Representing ladies everywhere as the only XX in the club

giphy.gif

No need for top five

1. Grease

Good lord what a convoluted week. I'll get back to the list later, but first, the vote.

OK. I"ve got more. I've roller skated on the Paseo Marítimo on the Southern Coast of Spain to all of these!

giphy.gif

1. Grease

2. Stayin' Alive

3. Footloose

4. Purple Rain

5. Xanadu

Almost forgot... here's my top 5:
5) Purple Rain

4) Footloose

3) Jailhouse Rock

2) Cherry Bomb

1) Walk The Line

Edit: Too many of the same songs as @Tufts so I'm bumping Purple Rain, and adding:
St. Elmo's Fire

Also this technically fits the criteria... sort of...
Saturday Night Fever (Night Fever)

Almost forgot... here's my top 5:
5) Purple Rain

4) Footloose

3) Jailhouse Rock

2) Cherry Bomb

1) Walk The Line

Edit: Too many of the same songs as @Tufts so I'm bumping Purple Rain, and adding:
St. Elmo's Fire

Dang! Forgot about St. Elmo's, but then again, I never roller skated to it :)

Reminds me. Are Barry Gibb and Kip Winger the same guy? You be the judge.

53-47071-screen-shot-2018-02-02-at-1-1517606238.png

123011MSMO111.jpg

St. Elmo's Fire

Bad enough you have the same tastes as a girl, but now you're gonna back off a choice because she got to it first?

<Deported1>

And adding insult to injury, she loves your replacement song too!!

<Deported1><Deported1>

Time to step back and refocus (on @Tufts' best contribution so far), in an attempt to re-calibrate your man-thinking.

giphy.gif

Bad enough you have the same tastes as a girl, but now you're gonna back off a choice because she got to it first?

<Deported1>

And adding insult to injury, she loves your replacement song too!!

<Deported1><Deported1>

Time to step back and refocus (on @Tufts' best contribution so far), in an attempt to re-calibrate your man-thinking.

giphy.gif
Hah. I was having some fun with the topic, but I stand by my choices, and I was torn on the 5th one anyway. All iconic songs. I do appreciate a repeat viewing of the fine, fine lady gif, tho.

Hah. I was having some fun with the topic, but I stand by my choices, and I was torn on the 5th one anyway. All iconic songs.

I do appreciate a repeat viewing of the fine, fine lady gif, tho.

Just bustin' your balls. My list was more about iconic songs and not so much my personal faves. Although I never get tired of Convoy. :cool:

Admit it, you're gonna throw on some Boogie Nights now.

This song was a big hit at the time.

It don't hold up like no Kenny Loggins track. :(

As a rule-breaker I should have included this song. :mad:

Notice how similar it is in name? "Walk Away" and "Dead Man Walking". Practically...

yXMRlW.gif

Just bustin' your balls. My list was more about iconic songs and not so much my personal faves. Although I never get tired of Convoy. :cool:

Admit it, you're gonna throw on some Boogie Nights now.
Boogie Nights is a good one!

You're not wrong... after I pulled up Night Fever I just let youtube play on for a while and of course it was a series of BeeGees crap (hence my Barry Gibb post). It's fascinating-ly bad.

Back