The men's clothes don't fit anymore. #rant

2OSp08q.jpg

haha, wtf. that may be just as bad as the gay dude with the super-tight clothes in the opening post.

I'm a manlet and moderately jacked, and I have to buy clothes made for guys way taller than me because my muscles won't fit otherwise.

Jeans suck. I wear them sparingly and always go with Levis. At least they are consistent. I don't have any problems with khakis or dress pants for work, but again, I'm fairly consistent with brands. Short sleeve shirts are incredibly inconsistent. Large is often too small and XL sometimes is too large.

Jeans suck. I wear them sparingly and always go with Levis. At least they are consistent. I don't have any problems with khakis or dress pants for work, but again, I'm fairly consistent with brands. Short sleeve shirts are incredibly inconsistent. Large is often too small and XL sometimes is too large.

how old are you and what do you wear instead of jeans?

Yes it's a harder to find pants when you have big quads, but plenty if stores and access to this Internet thing you're on, you're just lazy if you can't find clothes you like.

This is why you 1) know your measurements, 2) always look at size charts, and 3) stay away from the expensive, trendy crap because it's way more likely to run small.

I had the opposite problem the other day, clothes were too baggy. I have boulder shoulders too, but I'm lean. #fatAmerica

how old are you and what do you wear instead of jeans?

I am 36. At work I'm always in dress pants or khakis. After work in the spring, summer, and fall, I almost always wear shorts. In the winter is the rare time I'll wear jeans out, but when I'm home, they are almost always off in exchange for sweats, workout pants, pajama pants, etc. Jeans really aren't comfortable at all, especially if you lift bro.

You need to find out where this guy shops...

HGTV-Home-Town-Erin-and-Ben-Napier1.jpg

Got the same issue. More so for my son currently though. The top half is normally okay but he's worked out a lot over the summer and his quads have got massive. He just tried on his school trousers and they are loose around the waist but almost skin tight on the legs. As long as he doesn't move he'll be fine ...

He just had try outs for rugby today...I told him to wear the school top which he hasn't used since April/May..it's too small...he now needs a 44 chest..

Bloody kid is 14 and about 90 kilos and built like a brick shithouse . Bloody prop forwards...

I am 36. At work I'm always in dress pants or khakis. After work in the spring, summer, and fall, I almost always wear shorts. In the winter is the rare time I'll wear jeans out, but when I'm home, they are almost always off in exchange for sweats, workout pants, pajama pants, etc. Jeans really aren't comfortable at all, especially if you lift bro.

I'm 40. Don't lift. I wear jeans and shorts.
I'm at that weird stage when I no longer have a clue what to wear on my legs when it's cold and unless you workout (like yourself) I think dudes my age in sweats look like drug dealing chavs.

I'm 40. Don't lift. I wear jeans and shorts.
I'm at that weird stage when I no longer have a clue what to wear on my legs when it's cold and unless you workout (like yourself) I think dudes my age in sweats look like drug dealing chavs.

I think most people in their 30's and 40's can pull off jeans, but I rarely see someone in their 50's and above look normal in jeans.

As someone who wears a tie at work, I find dress pants FAR more comfortable than jeans. I'm not sure how people ever described jeans as relaxed and comfortable. If you just hold a pair of dress pants next to jeans, it's obvious which one will be more comfortable due to the give and light feel.

Its actually been more of an issue in the UK since a lot of the established clothes shops have shut down(C&A, BHS, etc yep high style shopping for me) and your left with those aiming at the younger market.

I mean yeah I'm carrying a bit of excess fat but I'm not exactly chubby and its rarely the waist line that's the problem, its the sholders of the size of my legs/arse, do men these days not have calves?
Yeah, pants are what kill me. The waist will fit fine and they’ll be the right length, but they’re just way too tight in the legs.

I think most people in their 30's and 40's can pull off jeans, but I rarely see someone in their 50's and above look normal in jeans.

As someone who wears a tie at work, I find dress pants FAR more comfortable than jeans. I'm not sure how people ever described jeans as relaxed and comfortable. If you just hold a pair of dress pants next to jeans, it's obvious which one will be more comfortable due to the give and light feel.

I think it'll be khaki/chinos all the way for me but I have 2 young sons so maybe a few pairs of combat/cargo trousers for walking and fucking about in?

I remember my mum going through the same thing when she got to 40...she was always worried about looking like "mutton dressed as lamb" haha

so much wining about L is now M or there is no difference between one brand's XL and another brand's XXL...….try different 2,4,6,8,10 & 12's or A,B,C and D cups.

ezK2GJg.jpg

<Arya01>

<{clintugh}>

No straight dude should be wearing skinny jeans or any 'skinny' pants. Slim fit or fitted are ok. But 'skinny' are an abomination that makes the guy look femme.

Yes TS there definitely does seem to be a slimming trend to mens clothes now that was not there a year or two ago outside of line like Calvin Klein. Might be a good thing though as opposed to the tendency to downsize everything so someone wearing a XL could buy something that said L on it and feel better. Maybe some guys will be pressured to lose some weight which is never a bad thing.

Back