Best Baseball Player of the 1990s

Bonds or Griffey Jr

• Total voters

TeTe

🤡🌎
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty simple... Which player was the best ball player of the decade.

Even if for some reason you think it's some other player, vote between the two anyway.

I voted without looking at my Topps baseball cards' career stats where I think Bonds never had a final year Topps card due to his own licensing deal separate from everyone else.

I would need to see their stats.

Bonds and Griffey Jr. were savages. Neither of them won rings during the 90s.

I wonder who is the best player who was on a World Series winning team in the 90s.

Last edited:
I like both guys, it's a shame Griffey could never stay healthy or his career #'s would've surpassed everyone. Bonds is the greatest hitter I've ever seen, I don't care that he juiced later on.

Barry only became "Unpitchable" from like 2001-on, Griffey dominated the 90's from my memory but I was a kid and living in the bay Area when both were doing their thing; at the time the Mariners felt like the doom team.

Barry only became "Unpitchable" from like 2001-on, Griffey dominated the 90's from my memory but I was a kid and living in the bay Area when both were doing their thing; at the time the Mariners felt like the doom team.
Barry lead the league in walks I believe 5 times in the 90s and 7 in intentinol walks and was intentionally walked with the bases loaded, in the 90s, but sure.

Mariners were great in the 90s, just couldnt win the big one because of NY. They were a pernnial yoff team with The Big Unit, Buhner, Martinez, Griffey and ARod who was already an mvp caliber player which is why the Rangers gave him at the time the biggest contract in history.

Griffey was more flash, more popular, and more fun to watch at the time, but Bonds was a better player in the 90s, imo.

The only reason he even felt the need to juice, is his play, including being a guy known for stealing 30-40 bases every year was being underminded by Griffey/MAC/Sosa and the home run race.

Bonds was a 40/40 guy who hit for great average, extremely high obp and ops, always led league in walks or was top 3, and had a great glove, but no one at the time cared because griffey was robbing hrs and him and the aforementioned were chasing Maris, which Bonds never feally even came close to doing until he did it in 01.

Most ppl dont realize how good Bonds was in the 90s, and like I said before, his underappreciation and the appreciation of less caliber players like Sosa and McGwire is why he felt the need to juice, imo.

Most ppl dont realize how good Bonds was in the 90s, and like I said before, his underappreciation and the appreciation of less caliber players like Sosa and McGwire is why he felt the need to juice, imo.
He's one of the best I've ever seen in my life, no doubt.

Wasn't Bonds a 40 HR, 40 SB guy? Also 30/30 who knows how many times?

Back