Trump's Border Wall and The Upcoming Elections

Gop wants illegal immigration for slave labor and dems want it for diversity, trump and his 30% bass are on their own. The gop supports trump for the Supreme Court picks only and won’t go along with this.
And here is your answer, Wag, in re: a wall to win the election derp

If the media reports are accurate, Ryan/McConnell thought this issue so important that they went to the White House personally with photos of the new "wall" in hand to try to persuade Trump to put this issue off.

You say the GOP won't go along with this, but Trump can force their hand. He is the head of the Party. He has 90% approval among Republicans. Ryan and McConnell are far less popular among Republicans. If Ryan or McConnell dares to go against him, he can blast them on Twitter and other platforms.
Yeah, he can blast them on Twitter. WTF?

Every president loses seats first term
Why would this one be different?
If it does happen though it will be unprecedented

Even in an economy like Trump has?
The fact that Trump has such a good economy and the outlook for Republicans in the election is so bad really shows you how much he fucks up.
I mean you have to see how it turns out.
But at the moment it looks like Trump is throwing away what should be an easy reelection due to his own incompetence.

He has followed through on many promises.
Trump is a man of his word, if he makes a promise he sticks to it, if you don't believe me just ask his second and third wife

The position of @Jack V Savage , who is the closest thing to a "Democrat" I can find, is that illegal immigration used to be a problem but it has been fixed. His evidence for this is that apprehensions of illegal immigrants in the Southwest border region used to be in the 1.5 million per annum range 10+ years ago, but now they are in the 400,000 per annum range.

I'll ignore the "Democrat" crack. My position is that illegal immigration used to be a high-priority problem (when the stock was soaring) and has become a lower-priority problem over the past 10 years (as the stock has been falling). Democratic plans have been to focus on employers as a way to disincentivize border crossing (generally, a liberal approach to problems involves changing incentives) and increase personnel at the border.

Yup, and passage of legislation slowed to a crawl.

Again, the point is that he sure as hell isn't going to get funding for the wall if the Ds control the House.
Eh
We’ll see
I think trump is more pragmatic than people think
Give him a heavy dem majority and I bet you see a healthcare bill and something on colleges

Even in an economy like Trump has?
The fact that Trump has such a good economy and the outlook for Republicans in the election is so bad really shows you how much he fucks up.
I mean you have to see how it turns out.
But at the moment it looks like Trump is throwing away what should be an easy reelection due to his own incompetence.
Reelection is different than what we’re talking about

Yeah, he can blast them on Twitter. WTF?
Apparently you don't understand how powerful of a tool Twitter has been for Trump. He can direct the attention of millions to his target using Twitter alone.

Apparently you also do not understand that the Republicans have more loyalty to Trump than to Ryan/McConnell at this point. Trump has a 90% approval rating among Republicans. What do you think is Ryan's approval rating among Republicans?

Trump is a man of his word, if he makes a promise he sticks to it, if you don't believe me just ask his second and third wife
Good troll. Keep trolling.

Eh
We’ll see
I think trump is more pragmatic than people think
Give him a heavy dem majority and I bet you see a healthcare bill and something on colleges
Let's have a bet on this.

I think his views are typical of Democrats today. He has also written that immigration is "free money".

Do you disagree with the substance of that comment, which is that immigrants add value to the economy without the need for upfront investment related to raising children? I don't think it's actually controversial except at the rube level.

Apparently you don't understand how powerful of a tool Twitter has been for Trump. He can direct the attention of millions to his target using Twitter alone.

Apparently you also do not understand that the Republicans have more loyalty to Trump than to Ryan/McConnell at this point. Trump has a 90% approval rating among Republicans. What do you think is Ryan's approval rating among Republicans?
I think you put too much stock in twitters power outside the president capacity for showing his ass on it

I'll ignore the "Democrat" crack.

You don't self-identify as a Democrat? My apologies. Honest mistake.

My position is that illegal immigration used to be a high-priority problem (when the stock was soaring) and has become a lower-priority problem over the past 10 years (as the stock has been falling).

Okay but you wrote that "illegal immigration used to be a problem but has been fixed" at least once. Now you're moderating your language.

Also, as I have pointed out to you, the most common estimates of the illegal alien population are fatally flawed. It's wrong to assume that "the stock has been falling".

Democratic plans have been to focus on employers as a way to disincentivize border crossing (generally, a liberal approach to problems involves changing incentives) and increase personnel at the border.

The Breitbart base supports those same measures. My guess is that neither Democrats nor Republicans in the House/Senate are interested in punishing employers.

I think you put too much stock in twitters power outside the president capacity for showing his ass on it
I know of at least five hardcore Trump supporters who follow Trump's tweets like a monk reads his sacred book. Twitter works for him.

You don't self-identify as a Democrat? My apologies. Honest mistake.

I vote for them consistently these days. Don't really think in those terms, though.

Okay but you wrote that "illegal immigration used to be a problem but has been fixed" at least once. Now you're moderating your language.

That's possible, but the meaning is fairly similar to what I said here, just less specific. And I know I've made this exact point to you before (that priorities have shifted based on facts).

Also, as I have pointed out to you, the most common estimates of the illegal alien population are fatally flawed. It's wrong to assume that "the stock has been falling".

It's not an assumption. It's the conclusion of every attempt to honestly answer the question.

The Breitbart base supports those same measures. My guess is that neither Democrats nor Republicans in the House/Senate are interested in punishing employers.

For most Republicans in office, their affinity for employers (as opposed to workers) is stronger than their disaffinity for minorities. Not so for the base, though. But most Democrats are open to this. As you know, opposition to illegal immigration is, in fact, nearly universal across party lines, but ugly symbolism and police-state policies are unpopular on the left. Employer targeting is the way to square that.

171023-wall-prototype-combo-03_c4ef574dfec9b385daf76e5d21bc09c6.fit-760w.jpg

These are two of the Trump prototypes. The one on the left should work.

it will stop everything except planes, boats, ladders, tunnels. shit, with the incentive that the cartels have to get in, and the money that they have available, theyll probably be busting through sections of it.

if you dont want illegal immigration, you dont need a wall. you just need to really crack down on those who hire them. remove their reason for coming here.

and as for the OP, i think the wall was always a fantasy. mexico will pay for it blah blah.

That's possible, but the meaning is fairly similar to what I said here, just less specific. And I know I've made this exact point to you before (that priorities have shifted based on facts).

Okay, but I just want to be clear that I wasn't misquoting you. You used the term "fixed", which to be and @bufetadanacara is ridiculous when we are on pace for 400,000 apprehensions and given that he and I probably both believe there are at least two illegal crossings for every apprehension.

It's not an assumption. It's the conclusion of every attempt to honestly answer the question.

Please don't be a parrot. I pointed out that all of the estimates to which you refer assume that 90% of illegal immigrants respond to their census questionnaires. You don't really believe that, do you?

For most Republicans in office, their affinity for employers (as opposed to workers) is stronger than their disaffinity for minorities. Not so for the base, though. But most Democrats are open to this. As you know, opposition to illegal immigration is, in fact, nearly universal across party lines, but ugly symbolism and police-state policies are unpopular on the left. Employer targeting is the way to square that.

Meh, you're framing this in a way that I completely disagree with, but I think we agree that the Breitbart base is fully on board with employer sanctions.

Your anecdote does not impress me.
You don't need my anecdote. Notice that the media scrambles to cover his tweets. Check the various MSM sources right now. I guarantee you at least some of them have front page articles about some of his recent tweets.

Back