******** NBA 2018 Offseason thread v5: bunch of lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rofl bill burr was on the local radio and talking about Boston vs LA for free agents and he said “do you wanna come to racist Boston in the winter and bang 6’s after the game or come to la and bang supermodels after the game.”
lmao thats literally what Revo would say word for word. Makes me suspicious actually...

How do you know it isn't frequent elsewhere?

i don't hear cases of athletes losing 70M to their accountants and actors like wesley snipes going to jail due to taxes elsewhere

i don't hear cases of athletes losing 70M to their accountants and actors like wesley snipes going to jail due to taxes elsewhere

Manny Pac had serious tax issues at home.

That little grass fairy Messi has had some issues as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...-cup-who-have-been-caught-up-in-tax-scandals/

Lionel Messi (Argentina). One of the most recognizable soccer stars in the world—despite never having won a World Cup—Messi was initially charged with tax evasion in 2013. Specifically, Spanish tax authorities alleged at the time that Messi’s father used a series of shell companies in tax havens to shield royalties and licensing income from tax. Authorities had alleged that income from lucrative contracts with companies like Pepsi-Cola, Procter & Gamble and Adidas was funneled offshore through an elaborate maze of entities so that Messi and his father could avoid paying income tax in Spain as far back as 2005 (he signed with FC Barcelona in 2001).

Messi maintained that he was innocent throughout the proceedings. Still, shortly after the charges were made public, he took steps to clear his tax debt, making a “corrective payment” of €5 million (US$6.57 million). In 2015, Spanish tax authorities ordered the footballer to stand trial.

At trial, Messi testified that “I was playing football. I had no idea about anything.” Messi also told the court that he did not actively participate in managing his finances. “I trusted my dad and my lawyers,” he explained, claiming that he did not even read documents that he signed. The court didn’t buy it, and in 2016, Messi and his father, Jorge Messi, were found guilty of tax fraud and sentenced to 21 months in prison. The length of the sentence is significant because, in Spain, those who receive a light prison sentence do not usually serve time unless the offense involves a violent crime or if the defendant is a habitual offender. Typically, a light sentence is one under two years which means that the pair would likely serve probation.

Last year, Messi appealed his case to the Spanish Supreme Court; the Court rejected the appeal, confirming Messi’s conviction on tax fraud charges. That means his original punishment stands

Manny Pac had serious tax issues at home.

That little grass fairy Messi has had some issues as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...-cup-who-have-been-caught-up-in-tax-scandals/

Lionel Messi (Argentina). One of the most recognizable soccer stars in the world—despite never having won a World Cup—Messi was initially charged with tax evasion in 2013. Specifically, Spanish tax authorities alleged at the time that Messi’s father used a series of shell companies in tax havens to shield royalties and licensing income from tax. Authorities had alleged that income from lucrative contracts with companies like Pepsi-Cola, Procter & Gamble and Adidas was funneled offshore through an elaborate maze of entities so that Messi and his father could avoid paying income tax in Spain as far back as 2005 (he signed with FC Barcelona in 2001).

Messi maintained that he was innocent throughout the proceedings. Still, shortly after the charges were made public, he took steps to clear his tax debt, making a “corrective payment” of €5 million (US$6.57 million). In 2015, Spanish tax authorities ordered the footballer to stand trial.

At trial, Messi testified that “I was playing football. I had no idea about anything.” Messi also told the court that he did not actively participate in managing his finances. “I trusted my dad and my lawyers,” he explained, claiming that he did not even read documents that he signed. The court didn’t buy it, and in 2016, Messi and his father, Jorge Messi, were found guilty of tax fraud and sentenced to 21 months in prison. The length of the sentence is significant because, in Spain, those who receive a light prison sentence do not usually serve time unless the offense involves a violent crime or if the defendant is a habitual offender. Typically, a light sentence is one under two years which means that the pair would likely serve probation.

Last year, Messi appealed his case to the Spanish Supreme Court; the Court rejected the appeal, confirming Messi’s conviction on tax fraud charges. That means his original punishment stands

messi was more of a case of intentionally trying to evade taxes

it seems in the us there's more "oops i didn't know i had to pay taxes" among celebrities

messi was more of a case of intentionally trying to evade taxes

it seems in the us there's more "oops i didn't know i had to pay taxes" among celebrities

Wesley Snipes was straight up fraud, and it was an egregious case.

You don't go to jail for fucking up your taxes you go to jail for knowingly committing tax fraud.

Wesley Snipes was straight up fraud, and it was an egregious case.

You don't go to jail for fucking up your taxes you go to jail for knowingly committing tax fraud.
You're probably right

I just see so many cases of athletes celebs getting into tax issues and frauds

Bowling Bonum making a return to the Lakeshow?

He'd fit nicely in this era

Yea, Toronto and Minny have so much in common 400k population compared to 6.5 mil........ and i know Americans are shit at geography but Minneapolis is actually more North than Toronto is. Southern Ontario is like a cock jamming into Americas bitch ass LOL like 1812 all over again.
{<jimmies}

After all the Lakers have done, sure, why not Bynum?

{<hhh]

And funnily enough, they do need help at center

I think both of you guys should prepare yourselves for a lot of failure for YEARS to come.

This is the last year of gs domination so enjoy it and prepare l bandwagon another team and city you never even visited LOL

Lakers will whiff on kawhi (he is staying) and Durant (same) but they will overpay and land Klay. Then another team will overlay gaymond shortly after

oh me oh my.

One of the GOAT announcers. Respect.

This is the last year of gs domination so enjoy it and prepare l bandwagon another team and city you never even visited LOL

Lakers will whiff on kawhi (he is staying) and Durant (same) but they will overpay and land Klay. Then another team will overlay gaymond shortly after
The gswussies are all cuck betas. They cry and complain how their all stars yet to chicken to lead a team on their own. They have all stated they will take pay cuts to stay in gay bay area.

15i0xvs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back