Conor’s Ground Game: No trolls allowed

TDs: 5/10 purely average, he rarely uses them

TDD: 7.5/10 Very good at framing to deter TDs. Good defensive footwork.

Sweeps: 8/10 This is how he gets out of most of his binds on the ground. Very underrated

Guard: 5/10 Nothing special imo.

Subs: Effectively nonexistant

Sub def: ?/10 Depends how fresh he is I guess? idk man!

Top game: 5/10 rarely see. it. Nothing special.

I give it a B+ based on everything we've seen.

He swept Nate and effortlessly controlled Max.

Got out of a guillotine attempt from Chad.

Of course we've also seen him get caught pulverized against Nate in the grappling.

He might come in against Khabib as an A- level grappler after all the training he's been doing but I think Khabib is an A.

Alright I know 9/10 of the Conor threads are trolls trying to get a reaction.

I was talking to friend today (non mma fan) about Conor’s ground game.

He asked me “does Conor have a bad ground game?”

I had to take a breath before I answered.

I see so many trolls on here intentionally talking shit about McGregor or saying he’s the GOAT but I want honest feedback (with examples)

Would you say Conor’s ground game is above average for a current ufc fighter?

How about his take down defense?

I’m actually curious cause I know, despite thevtrolls, a few guys om here actually know about mma.
You know it sucks just like your hypothetical boyfriend. Move on.

I see so many trolls on here intentionally talking shit about McGregor or saying he’s the GOAT but I want honest feedback (with examples)

I’m actually curious cause I know, despite thevtrolls, a few guys om here actually know about mma.

It's 2018 MMA. You can't be the champion in two divisions and not have an above average ground game. That is just facts. Otherwise he would've been easily handled by Chad, or wouldn't of demolished a black belt like Brandao.

Khabib has handled much better wrestlers and grapplers with ease.

He is leagues above Conor here.

I think, no trolling, that Conor is slightly underrated on the ground, but if Khabib lays hands on him it doesn't matter because the disparity between them is so great.

i think his ground game is better than kabobs striking

His ground game has always been good, just not elite. But he did:

-Dominate Max Holloway on the ground with a torn ACL
-Out wrestled Nate Diaz in the last thirty seconds of the first round of their first fight when he was still fresh (funny how people forget that)
-Stuffed almost as many take downs from Chad Mendes as he fell victim to
-Stuffed every single take down that Eddie Alvarez came at him with

So he's obviously pretty good, and there's no telling how much better these last several months of training wrestling, TDD, Jiu-Jitsu has made him.

I think he's fairly talented as a grappler as well. Very good at staying composed while he's fresh. I do think it takes a nosedive when his conditioning fails him though.

Conor's ground game is 3 Chuck Liddell Sprawl n Brawls out of 10 Chuck Liddell Sprawl n Brawls.

Watch the Mendes fight. It's probably the best indicator of how Conor will deal with Khabib. It's not great but to this point it really hasn't needed to be.

I'd imagine he's picked up a few tricks since then, and Conor is noticeably bigger at 155. Though Khabib is not a small guy at 155 either.

Honest assessment unknown..part of what makes this fight interesting..

If I judge off past performance where he was grounded.. agaisnt Mendes..siver and Diaz.. it's points to average at best.. now some of those were really old fights and he could of improved..if he truly focused on that.. it's unknown..anyone who says differently is full of shit because we've never really seen alot of it in the UFC...

I don't think he swept Chad. He got out of a guillotine and they scrambled up.

Clip of him sweeping Diego?
It looks like he gets a leg between him and Chad, bucks, sweeps, and scrambles. I'm tried tho, so I could be super wrong.
conor-mendeswatermarked.gif

I might be super wrong about Diego. Am I mistaking it for his leg lock escape?

Everyone is saying its either going to be a dominant win for Conor or Khabib. What if its a back and forth though?

Back