Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
I don't think that the vote being set means that the vote happens. Setting the vote may be an attempt to pressure the "wishy-washy" senators.

Committee vote. Then it moves to full senate ASAP. Same day?

I really think we are on the cusp of the union breaking up. This whole ordeal is so stupid and rubs so many people the wrong way. I don't think people still pushing Kavanaugh get the long term consequences of try to push a potentially bad candidate quickly through the process. A rushed and potentially unethical candidate is being looked at better than the best liberal candidate. Something is very broken about that.
Sure, it's possible. We live a in huge, pluralistic union. It's impossible to satisfy more than 40% or so of the country at a time it seems.

I think, in light of the context of the Supreme Court, that what makes it unnecessary is how much power the feds have. Why have so many nominations brought out the worst in either party? Because one vote of one justice can change so damn much about the way people live. I think we should use much more of the flexibility actually built into our system. If Colorado wants weed, let them have it. If Texas wants creationism in schools, let them have it. If Cali wants free sex changes at taxpayer expense, let them have it. There are several rights we insist on every state protecting, as enumerate in the Bill of Rights, but so much of what we fight over as policy really comes down to culture differences. We shouldn't be legislating those either way imo.

The president shouldn't be a king, and neither should a justice decide my way of life. We need, and have a framework for, decentralization.

Committee vote. Then it moves to full senate ASAP. Same day?
No, Possibly this weekend though. There's been reports that Mitch has already told senators to expect to stay in Saturday and possibly even Sunday. If he plans on pushing for the full senate vote this weekend expect a cloture notice to come out from him soonest.

Remember when Turtle McConnel thought he had the votes to repeal Obamacare.
<27>
Bah Gawd is that John McCain’s music.
Just because they are voting don’t mean shit.

Remember when Turtle McConnel thought he had the votes to repeal Obamacare.
<27>
Bah Gawd is that John McCain’s music.
Just because they are voting don’t mean shit.
You are correct. A lot still hinges on Thursday through Friday morning.

You are correct. A lot still hinges on Thursday through Friday morning.
I agree.
I don’t know if Kavanaugh did or did not do it, but if she comes off sympathetic then a few of the fence sitters might jump.

I agree.
I don’t know if Kavanaugh did or did not do it, but if she comes off sympathetic then a few of the fence sitters might jump.
I know theres been talk of whether she'll show but I imagine she's getting enormous pressure to do so from her legal camp. This is the biggest and likely only shot to tank Kav once and for all. Big stskes all around.

So, new development. Apparently the 2nd lady Ramirez is out. Will not speak to the committee and has nothing further to say.

Will not cooperate with the senate. Will not testify or even make a statement in front of them.

This is apparently a statement by Sen. John Kennedy R-LA, a sitting member of the committee, as reported by the Washington Examiner. For what thats worth.

Last edited:
Yeah, Democrats are all evil monsters. Good observation, "Non-Republican Pete."

This is a deranged interpretation of what I said. One person does not represent “all democrats”. Nor did I call her an “evil monster”. Take a breath Jack.

Now they're cooking with oil!!!

This is a deranged interpretation of what I said. One person does not represent “all democrats”. Nor did I call her an “evil monster”. Take a breath Jack.
Maybe offer a snickers, I hear that helps when someone's not themselves...

This is how I think things played out.

- Ford sees Kavanaugh in the running and it floods her with a whole bunch of negative feelings due to her belief he attacked her
- Ford has no intention of subjecting herself and her family to what she knows will be a disruptive and life changing circus and decides despite her revulsion this man may move on that she will not come out publicly against him
- However Ford does feel comfortable putting this in writing to Feinstein under assurance it is not made public but for them to understand the man that they are dealing with

- Feinstein agrees and genuinely does not intend to out Ford or even raise her issue and instead hopes to derail the Kavanaugh nomination in other ways
- Feinstein almost certainly tells other higher up at the party but they too agree that this is not to be used

- all other Dem attempts to derail Kavanaugh seem set to fail and a decision is made by the Dems to release the anonymous Ford details in the hopes that it gets the Repub's to pause and maybe pressures Ford to come out

- Ford hangs tough and is not looking like she will come out despite the impending Confirmation
- someone in the Dem inner circle leaks Fords name to various members of the media expecting that will out her
- Ford now confronted with media at every turn, chooses to out herself and take control of the process.

So here we are with a woman (Ford) who was not willing to ruin her own life with this circus (who can blame her) forced out. And now she is OUT she is going to tell her story and invite an investigation because if she does not she will be smeared by Repub's as a false accuser and plant. She has been cornered that her only way out of this with her dignity is to tell her story and hopefully get a full investigation that she BELIEVES will vindicate her.

So now will you say 'see you agree this was partisan crap by the Dem's', to which I will say I have always said it has been partisan crap on both sides and that partisan crap should NOT dictate what should be done with this information.

It’s a lot of conjecture here. I honestly don’t know of course.

The allegation is made by the people who made it. It isn't a stock "Dem play" because another person was separately accused of sexual harassment 30 years ago. The fact that you see it that way shows what kind of a person you are. Basically no better than Inga.

Now they're cooking with oil!!!

265.jpg

The allegation is made by the people who made it. It isn't a stock "Dem play" because another person was separately accused of sexual harassment 30 years ago. The fact that you see it that way shows what kind of a person you are. Basically no better than Inga.
Says a man who once claimed Hillary Clinton is not an establishment candidate. You're the master troll on here. So troll away maestro. You're kinda like that guy who danced in Lord of the Dance.

Says a man who once claimed Hillary Clinton is not an establishment candidate. You're the master troll on here. So troll away maestro. You're kinda like that guy who danced in Lord of the Dance.
Too far brah. No one should suffer comparisons to Michael Flatley.

I correctly noted that she had one of the most anti-establishment agendas among active candidates at the time of the discussion. Just because some objectively true statements upset hacks doesn't make it trolling to make them. If you'd make an effort to orient your views toward reality, you wouldn't be triggered by true statements.

I agree.

On the other hand, if she avoids giving details, refuses to answer questions, and is combative with the questioners, those fence sitters might decide to jump the other way.

I correctly noted that she had one of the most anti-establishment agendas among active candidates at the time of the discussion. Just because some objectively true statements upset hacks doesn't make it trolling to make them. If you'd make an effort to orient your views toward reality, you wouldn't be triggered by true statements.
Keep on keeping on

On the other hand, if she avoids giving details, refuses to answer questions, and is combative with the questioners, those fence sitters might decide to jump the other way.
I think the Repubs decision to bring in a seasonex female sexual assault prosecutor to do their questioning for them threw a big monkey wrench into the Dems plans. Combine that with being under oath and there's just not much wiggle room.

Back