Wilder's Manager Says Joshua's Camp Not Serious About Fighting

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Shelly Finkel, who advises Wilder had the following to say:

"Look, it all depends on them, if they're serious they'll come back to us. If they're not serious - which at this point they're not - they know we're not fighting for a flat fee, we're not fighting if there's no rematch clause even though we believe Wilder will knockout Joshua.

"You don't go into a fight of this magnitude without having a rematch clause. They were OK doing it for (Wladimir) Klitschko, why not us?"

"He can yell and say anything he wants, Eddie (Hearn, the managing director of Matchroom Sports, which promotes, Joshua) but I'm a firm believer that if someone wants something they do it. If they don't, they don't."

(https://www.boxingscene.com/wilders-manager-doubts-joshua-fight-happen-2019--132173)

The pen appears it may be mightier than the sword because the swords don't swing if the pens don't sign.

Will we see Wilder Joshua next year? Does Joshua really want to fight Wilder, or is it empty bravado?

It's a pretty clear census that AJ's team doesn't want the fight yet.

A muscle bound robot vs an unskilled windmill. What a fight.

Lol what a load of hypocritical shite "they wont give us our exact terms which means they dont want to fight wilder"

Worry about the goofy traveller bro. AJ will fight the winner, I’d wager.

Even though I think they're both better than that I got a good laugh.

Don't get me wrong I love to watch AJ fight, and Wilder has definitely proven himself as a knockout machine. But I can't see a fight between these two being as great as everyone hyping it up. I'd almost rather see Ricky Hatton and Prince Naseem fight at heavyweight this year.

We’ll all be watching bro let’s be honest, I think it will be very entertaining.
Will we? I didn't even watch Canelo GGG 2 on the day it happened. There have been plenty of big fights over the years I haven't bothered to watch.

Honestly at this point that is one of the few boxing fights that really interest me at this point. These three fights:

Joshua vs Wilder
Joshua vs Fury
Fury vs Wilder

Are the heavyweight fights I want to see.

Honestly at this point that is one of the few boxing fights that really interest me at this point. These three fights:

Joshua vs Wilder
Joshua vs Fury
Fury vs Wilder

Are the heavyweight fights I want to see.
I would rather see whyte fight either of those so I can see if he is credible challenge or not would loved to have seen Whyte vs Wilder in Dec and then winner vs AJ

Will we? I didn't even watch Canelo GGG 2 on the day it happened. There have been plenty of big fights over the years I haven't bothered to watch.

You post in here and didn’t watch Canelo GGG? Surprising, but whatever floats your boat man.

It's a pretty clear census that AJ's team doesn't want the fight yet.

Of course it’s not. They could’ve fought last week but wilder chased fury instead. Imo finkel is stating this because the opposite is true. They can fight in April but it won’t happen. as has been said many times before only 1 guy is serious and has made any effort to unify the division. The other guy had fought 1 quality opponent in 40 fights and 3 years as champion?? The facts speak for themselves

Last edited:
You post in here and didn’t watch Canelo GGG? Surprising, but whatever floats your boat man.

I've watched it, I didn't watch it on the day. I had no real interest in Canelo vs GGG. I figured it would be the same as the first fight with Canelo having more cardio this time round. I've got zero interest in Wilder, I've probably only seen two of his fights in his whole career and I've only seen about 4 of Joshua.

Lol what a load of hypocritical shite "they wont give us our exact terms which means they dont want to fight wilder"

A side always setting rules though. I can understand the reasoning. You don't want your fighter going in there mentally absorbed, and drained with trying to meet the demands of another team, AND knowing they are the underdog or the challenger. Boxing is a mental game. Remember how Floyd use to mess with fighters talking about gloves they can use, can't use?

I've watched it, I didn't watch it on the day. I had no real interest in Canelo vs GGG. I figured it would be the same as the first fight with Canelo having more cardio this time round. I've got zero interest in Wilder, I've probably only seen two of his fights in his whole career and I've only seen about 4 of Joshua.

I’ve got a mate who loves boxing but hates heavyweights, I don’t even bother talking about the HW division with him. Fair enough anyway man, up to you of course

Back