Bellator 206: Mousasi vs MacDonald 9/29 8PM ET Prelims/10PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Bader would be a great fight, Weidman is a great wrestler and grappler and bigger than Gegard but he couldn't do anything to him.

He did do well against Weidman. It's my personal opinion that Weidman is pretty shot now. He changed drastically after USADA come in. Gegard definitely has the ability to beat Bader. Bader isn't the most durable and Mousasi has power and is a vicious finisher.

And people said Rory would wreck Woodley?

I think they say that Rory wrecked Woodley. Past tense. Which he did

Tonight has nothing to do with Rory at WW. Tonight proved that there is a reason Rory is a WW.

Mousasi would wreck Woodley. Maybe Woodley is smarter than Rory not to get into pissing matches with bigger and more skilled men

I said Moose TKO via nose to everyone who would listen I KNEW IT! OBNOXIOS STUPID HALF-BAKED MATCH UP. War Rory but.. that was watching a lamb lead to be slaughtered.he had no path to victory.
View attachment 443687

Thats what i love about Coker. If a fighter is too confident for his own good. He sees no reason for lessons not to be learned. Rory wanted it. There is reason to believe that Rorys happiness in Bellator depended on fights like this. He was talking about fighting FEDOR!! before Mousasi arrived...and he got it. I have a feeling Rory is going to feel very comfy at 170 from now on

Bellator...where being a squaky tire gets you more than a little grease. In UFC, calling out higher weight fighters is getting publicity. In Bellator, its getting the shit kicked out of you. Coker bless

I told you guys
Rory cannot take damage anymore. He's not the same fighter after the Lawler rematch.

I told you guys
Rory cannot take damage anymore. He's not the same fighter after the Lawler rematch.

Thats not true. Since the Lawler fight he had his nose smashed again and a fetus growing out of his leg compliments of Douglas Lima and he gutted the fight out to a narrow victory.

I think Rory just smartly folded his cards. Mousasi was on pace to have him looking as bad as Lawler ever did by the end of the second round and he had not proven to have anything for Moose. He also has a lucrative tournament to participate in.

Last edited:
I told you guys
Nope. What tonight proved is that Rory doesn’t belong @ 185.
He was smaller, weaker, and plainly over matched.

If Rory couldn’t take damage he wouldn’t have made it out of the Lima fight. Fact is he took a shit ton of damage in that fight and stood up to it. It’s not like he quit tonight, he simply got beaten down by a bigger, stronger man. To Moussasi’s credit, he finally looks comfortable in the cage, and he fought masterfully.

I was trying to articulate this, but you pretty much nailed it. He's an above average wrestler, striker, submission guy, but he doesn't really have something to fall back on when the going gets tough. I think he's going to style on Fitch, but Fitch is a one-dimensional 40-year old grinder. Hopefully he doesn't try to stand with Daley or Page if the tourney comes to that, Rory gets way too much credit as a tactician sometimes.
man, Weidman is going to be laughed at at his funeral because of one spinning kick attempt, but Rory has attempted what half a dozen horrible Imanari rolls now which were so much worse

Thats what i love about Coker. If a fighter is too confident for his own good. He sees no reason for lessons not to be learned. Rory wanted it. There is reason to believe that Rorys happiness in Bellator depended on fights like this. He was talking about fighting FEDOR!! before Mousasi arrived...and he got it. I have a feeling Rory is going to feel very comfy at 170 from now on

Bellator...where being a squaky tire gets you more than a little grease. In UFC, calling out higher weight fighters is getting publicity. In Bellator, its getting the shit kicked out of you. Coker bless

Post of the night

Rory is used to being a bigger guy. He usually has height and reach on people at WW (like Woodley). Fighting someone a little bigger than him changed everything. All of the advantages he normally has, he lost. I still think he would do fine against Woodley and other WWs, but he will have trouble with bigger guys at MW who can strike well. Luckily for him, most guys aren't Mousasi.

Rory lasted longer than Carvalho did. Heck, he lasted longer than Weidman did. Rory wasn't competitive but Mousasi has smashed a ton of MWs as well (and LHWs/HWs for that matter).

man, Weidman is going to be laughed at at his funeral because of one spinning kick attempt, but Rory has attempted what half a dozen horrible Imanari rolls now which were so much worse
Especially for a guy with a rather underwhelming grappling game from the bottom. Imanari cam get away with that stuff cause if he grabs your leg you're fucked. I wish Rory had come up like 15 years ago, he would have been a beast.

Rory got destroyed. Moving up was a bad idea.
Wull it was a good idea when he got there and they literally had no one at MW. Poor guy must have done a megagulp when they signed Moose.

53925-1489950.png

Dazn was a bitch to sign up for. Couldn't do it on my phone or roku. It took going through Xbox to get the subscription.

Back