What will be the Punishments ? (Be Realistic )

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What do you honestly think will be the punishments ?

I think Khabib, huge fine and 6 months suspension from NSAC for bringing the sport into disrepute. Now the only way Khabib has any consequence which affects his VISA is if Danis presses charges, which i doubt he will. The UFC won't add any additional punishment to what comes from NSAC

Khabib's teammates who attacked Connor are going to be the scapegoats. They will get booted out of the UFC for life and that will be Dana doing his hard line to appease everyone

Bottom line is there is way way too much money in a rematch, however dominant Khabib was, the bad blood sells a rematch. If it was in Europe, maybe Germany, so much the better

AST3OfM.gif

Yeah, they have to be seen doing something so a fine a short suspension makes sense. I doubt UFC strips him if it's less than 12 months off. I agree that his team mates are going to end up paying for their actions more than Kahib.

I think Diaz and his crew got three months for jumping on Mayhem, who was alone and not even hostile.

40% of his purse and 6 months suspension.

lifetime ban for Khabib. wish I was kidding. maybe they get it pleaded down to 2-5 years.

• 6-9 months Suspension
  • those two guys that put hands on Conor should be banned from any future UFC events (both fighting and attending)
  • Must fight Tony Ferguson upon returning
seems fair to me.

Khabib will be fined , suspended 8 months, and surprise surprise Khabib will be able to fight on international fight week in July to make vegas money .

2 crimes

1/ khabib jumping outside ring
2/ conor punching khabibs team mate creating another incident in the ring.

Its gonna be fun watching this play out, video shows both to blame.
Now marketing and branding, and the paid trolls have to earn their keep.lol

He should have to fight Tito.

I am sure they will take this opportunity to steal a BIG chunk of money. And maybe ban him for 6 months or so.

6 months and a quarter of his purse for Khabib. His buddy that jumped into the cage and hit Conor gets cut, and probably a meaningless ban by the commission. Nothing for anyone else, except a few of Khabib's teammates get shit or no matchups.

Ultimately, the UFC realizes they can use it to market a rematch so they aren't too pissed. They'll have extra security next time and clear warnings to both camps to keep it sane. Conor still talks mad shit but limits it to Khabib and Ali, and leaves his religion out of it.

Slap on the wrist at worst. When UFC sees the PPV buys they'll see dollar signs, they're not doing anything to hurt Khabib's career over this. There will be a rematch probably and they'll use this footage just like the bus attack.

Did Khabib even land anything on Danis? I think he person who snuck Conor should have the book thrown at him. That was disgusting to watch.

12 months suspension for Khabib for his attack on Dillon
6 month suspension for McGregor for his attack on one of Khabib's team members
Lifetime ban for 3 members of Khabib's team
make Tony Ferguson the new Lightweight Champion

Hmmm....now if I was the UFC and wanted to get the most money possible, this is what I would do.
-Maybe a cut of his purse (the above mentioned 40% sounds solid)
-A 6 month "suspension" although most fighters only fight twice a year anyway, so this doesn't really matter.
-Stripping of the title (this is key for the next card 6 months from now)

Then, in 6 months time, I set up the following card...

McGregor vs Ferguson for the "vacant" title
Lee vs Khabib for the #1 contender spot

Put that on the same card and it's nothing but crazy drama and win-win for the UFC.

If McGregor + Khabib win then it sets up a "grudge" match and $$$
If McGregor + Lee win then you get another McGregor headlined card = $
If Ferguson + Khabib wins then we FINALLY get to see that fight
If Ferguson + Lee win then we get another rematch, but more importantly we can set up Khabib vs McGregor again, which ties back in to the "grudge" match $

Plus AFTER the main event the staredown potential/trash talking can begin and you get even more hype.

So yeah....if I was going full Pro Wrestling/Money model that's what I would do.

I don't know. Khabib basically caused the riot by jumping out of the cage so it's very possible that NSAC holds him responsible and goes hard after him. I also assume that the UFC will get a vote on this.

I believe Khabib will be suspended and fined hard. 6months to a year. It was a bad situation that he handled poorly.

I agree his teammates that joined in will take the brunt of the punishment, but upon review it is actually Conor who began attacking them. Neither of the them were engaging in the brawl into until then. So I wonder if that will be taken into account.

Now I don't condone that Khabib did the right thing, but I wonder if Danis will be punished for inciting and antagonizing. It's up to khabib as a pro not to let that get to him. But Danis must have been saying some pretty hateful things to illicit that response. I wonder if he will be banned from future events or if he ever had UFC hopes they may be affected.

All in all it was an ugly situation that I'm sure the UFC will actually enjoy due to more eyes and views.

Back