4 people dead today after argument at toddlers birthday party in Texas

That poor father lost his dad and his 3 sons. Everything nowadays escalates so quickly.

Seems like the shooter was pretty proficient. If this was Chicago kids would have been shot

That sucks. I tend to support gun rights but there's no doubt that stuff like this is the collateral damage resulting from that. Not saying this incident justifies gun control necessarily, just that when you support gun ownership in general that means dumb fucks like these guys get to have them too.

I increasingly feel like news stories read like the Onion. Wild.

He shouldn't have done him that way.

That sucks. I tend to support gun rights but there's no doubt that stuff like this is the collateral damage resulting from that. Not saying this incident justifies gun control necessarily, just that when you support gun ownership in general that means dumb fucks like these guys get to have them too.

I think gun culture is more so the problem here than gun ownership.

Some people think they should handle every argument like a Western shoot-out. Except that even in the Old West, shootouts were relatively rare. Much more so than nowadays, it seems.

People do not seem to understand that guns are for self-preservation, rather than self-destruction.

Well, when you have a kid at 17 and don't teach them how to deal with conflict, they may grow up to be a piece of shit that shoots up a bday party.

Well, when you have a kid at 17 and don't teach them how to deal with conflict, they may grow up to be a piece of shit that shoots up a bday party.

That stood out to me as well.

Why were guns present in the first place? It was a birthday party at a private residence. Do people really carry their pistols around everywhere regardless of the setting?

Might just need more details, but it's weird as hell to me that somebody would have a gun on his person in that scenario.

Since recorded history human beings have killed each other for various reasons. Human beings will kill each other regardless. Human nature is flawed. Utopian gun control won’t stop people from killing each other. Utopian gun control will just open up the masses to elitist authoritarian terror.

Since recorded history human beings have killed each other for various reasons. Human beings will kill each other regardless. Human nature is flawed. Utopian gun control won’t stop people from killing each other. Utopian gun control will just open up the masses to elitist authoritarian terror.
Sure and as I said I'm not saying incidents like these justify gun control. But you can't pretend allowing people access to firearms won't result in something like this. Remove the firearms from this situation and things would've turned out very differently.

I think gun culture is more so the problem here than gun ownership.

Some people think they should handle every argument like a Western shoot-out. Except that even in the Old West, shootouts were relatively rare. Much more so than nowadays, it seems.

People do not seem to understand that guns are for self-preservation, rather than self-destruction.

I am shocked at how they still believe almost anyone should just be able to get one. It wouldnt hurt Americans to have some better way. I am pro gun by way and dont beliebe gun control works in a country that has open borders and poor border security. I mean i was reading how some Americans compare their system to Israel is pro gun or switzerland but those countries make you go through stuff to get it and not just anyone get a gun. I dont think americans should ban guns but maybe make sure there is some mass educatiin or something about it to people the dangers of an idiot with a gun etc.

Why were guns present in the first place? It was a birthday party at a private residence. Do people really carry their pistols around everywhere regardless of the setting?

Might just need more details, but it's weird as hell to me that somebody would have a gun on his person in that scenario.

My friend was telling me about a guy she knows bringing a gun to their mutual friend's engagement party.

Disclaimer: This was in Florida

Do people really carry their pistols around everywhere regardless of the setting?

I have several family members who pretty much always carry a gun. So yeah, at my wedding, my side of the aisle was almost certainly packing. FWIW, the worst incidents at toddler birthday parties are limited to things like toddlers having tantrums and almost always resolved without gunfire.

My friend was telling me about a guy she knows bringing a gun to their mutual friend's engagement party.

Disclaimer: This was in Florida
As a Floridian I'm suddenly glad to be a bit of a shut-in.

Back