Fedor had 9 pounds on Chael Sonnen.

There is some truth to that, fedor has a mucher wider torso/strong man build = more muscle especially in the back thats the reason why hes a natural heavyweight , but leets be reel i would be shocked if sonnen wasnt juicing for that fight.

Russians need that extra fat for the cold winters.
Igor V was also blessed to withstand cold weather.

That’s how the Russians were able to drive the Nazis back.
Winter set in, and those 15-20 extra pounds carried by the grandfathers of Fedor, Igor V, and Khabib, among others, were the difference in defeating the Nazis.
That and literally starving all of their first cousins to prevent Germany from being able to loot supplies from villages on their march to Stalingrad.
But, yeah, it was the 10-15 pounds.

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Can’t wait to see how the “HW Goat” does against a mediocre career LHW.
Bader is top 5 and in prime

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Can’t wait to see how the “HW Goat” does against a mediocre career LHW.

>11-1 in the last 5 years
>wins against Feijao, OSP, Davisx2, Hashad, Latifi, Nog, Linton, Mo
>ranked top 3 at LHW
>more proven than every active LHW outside of Bones and DC
>mediocre

stop sperging boi lol

Nah. Fedor cracked him hard. Repeatedly. And Chael wasn't exactly having his way in the grappling, though he did show he could move Fedor around and get him down. Chael did well enough that it makes Fedor's win respectable. But he wasn't winning that fight and he was trying
This . Fedor did look tired but sonnen puts a ruthless pace

We should just forget that fight ever happened. The Mir fight was nice, it was good to see Fedor get a win. But if Sonnen actually put any real effort in it seemed like he would of won that fight.
Sonnen gave everything he had. He put sick pace in that fight

Again, i bet Fedor could've cut to 170 with enough malnourishment.

The question is how would have performed going through a weight cut, which is something that we can only speculate about.

Other HW's his size also never made the cut in Big Nog and CC.

So i dont see any tangible proof that Fedor was a LHW fighting at HW, its a sherbro argument that holds no weight.
Both of them couldn't. Mirko I don't think Lhw. His legs too thick

Sonnen got clocked 14 seconds in, to say that he didn't put any real effort into it just shows you're an idiot.
I attended the event and bought tix to watch Fedor.Im a long time Fedor fan.That being said I'm convinced Chael threw the fight.You have your opinion I have mine and seems neither one of us will convince each other otherwise.

Chael ragdolled Fedora at times.

Fedora is lucky Chael screwed up because the fight was starting to look like it was gonna be a long night for the Russian.

Ragdolled? LOL.... chael's only takedown was when he grabbed an ankle in a scramble after Fedor tossed him to the mat.

We should just forget that fight ever happened. The Mir fight was nice, it was good to see Fedor get a win. But if Sonnen actually put any real effort in it seemed like he would of won that fight.

LOL

Again, i bet Fedor could've cut to 170 with enough malnourishment.

The question is how would have performed going through a weight cut, which is something that we can only speculate about.

Other HW's his size also never made the cut in Big Nog and CC.

So i dont see any tangible proof that Fedor was a LHW fighting at HW, its a sherbro argument that holds no weight.

I think you missed the point. What people are saying is that there are examples of guys who are in fact larger than Fedor fighting at lower weight classes. Agree or disagree?

I personally don't care, I think the best hw fighters are all around 240. I am speaking to what is creating this argument.

When Fedor fights Bader, he will be fighting a hw, when he fought Sonnen, he was fighting a hw. Hw is over 206 and that is that.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Fedor is a hw who has the potential to be a lhw fighter if he so chooses. All this is about is a fancy way to argue that a big guy beat up a small guy and thats not true at all.

Fedor does not cut weight, if Bader does not cut weight, they are within 5 or 6 pounds of each other. If Bader comes into their fight at 235, what will you say then?

Last edited:
Back