Lets be honest, its complete b.s. strikers cant grab the cage to prevent the takedown

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.
You sound like a terrible mma competitor if 'we' really means you train/compete mma you're in the wrong sport.
Like many I suspect you're just crying fan of a one dimensional fighter who got embarrassing beat by a strong wrestler so you made a <Waaah>thread.

I agree. You say "push us" are you a fighter?
Us? You are definitely not a fighter so why say us?

AA7BTbp.jpg

My last fight was two years ago but i plan on competing again next year

It beats the point of fighting if you can grab the fence. Why not give the striker a baseball bat too?

In fights environment is a big factor. If we fight at a bar and you try to take me down i can grab things like the bar counter or something to stop you

Bad example maybe but hopefully you get my point

Strangely I've never really thought about that, but I kinda agree, it would be more entertaining and less weighted in grappler favour.

every fight starts standing so strikers start with the advantage

I was literally just thinking earlier that it's ridiculous you cant grab it to stand up. (Was rewatching Khabib McG)

Dont think you should be allowed to grab it while being taken down though due to possible injuries from grabbing.
Surely the injuries in that case would likely be self inflicted and therefore at your own risk?

I say the only rule should be no weapons. Beyond that, everything should be legal. I'm being 100% serious too. If it's legal, the fighters will have to learn to work around/defend against it.

Edit: On second thought, groin shots, eye gouging, biting, and fish hooking should also not be allowed.

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.
No shit that wrestlers are protected?! Maybe because it is an american "sport", to american people most of the times. See the numbers of athletes of each country and realize.

I agree and it’s also bs you can’t jump off the top of the cage or else wwe would dominate mma

Back