Media Nurmagomedov: "You should give credit to McGregor he's bigger star than me"

McGregor is one of the biggest sports stars in the world. He's transcended MMA. I see many veteran MMA fans with distaste for how he conducts himself. What they fail to realize is that he's not bound to the same restrictions as other fighters who are dependent on promotion. The man could call it a career this very second and go down as an all time great with multiple business ventures and millions in the bank.

The rematch will be beyond epic

McGregor is one of the biggest sports stars in the world. He's transcended MMA. I see many veteran MMA fans with distaste for how he conducts himself. What they fail to realize is that he's not bound to the same restrictions as other fighters who are dependent on promotion. The man could call it a career this very second and go down as an all time great with multiple business ventures and millions in the bank.
No fighter that has his record the last five fights, is "a great"... Sorry.

Ha ha I'm too old to even know what "caught feelings" means. But..you can eat a dick, son, and I'm quite sure you know what that means.<{outtahere}>
You are turning out to be one of my Fave Conor fans....There are a couple of you guys....

You are turning out to be one of my Fave Conor fans....There are a couple of you guys....

Conor fan? I hope I'm not disappointing you, but I'm a Tony fan homie. Was never a Conor fan.

Can I still be cool?

Elite fighters when titles in multiple divisions and are not pull out merchants.

Conor bless
Elite fighters, don't get their title shots gited to them...they fight to contention, and defend all comers...
A pull out Merchant, was Conor during the bus incident....
Khabib defended, and beat your crush up....

Conor fan? I hope I'm not disappointing you, but I'm a Tony fan homie. Was never a Conor fan.

Can I still be cool?
Whoa! My bad Mano.....
Tony would stroke Conor too...I wish Tony Khabib would actually pan out for once...

Elite fighters, don't run from title defenses....
But you would know this, right?
Even though that's completely unrelated to being an elite fighter.....

Who did he run from?

Even though that's completely unrelated to being an elite fighter.....

Who did he run from?
Everyone who he refused to defend with.
Two years....remember?
Not to mention, elite fighters are not one dimensional.....

Everyone who he refused to defend with.
Two years....remember?
Not to mention, elite fighters are not one dimensional.....
Ok, well, you clearly haven't thought any of this through.

No fighter that has his record the last five fights, is "a great"... Sorry.

He won a belt in two different divisions, KO'd an all-timer in 13 seconds, became the most popular MMA fighter in history, strung together some of the sports most awe-inspiring moments, took fights on short notice, participated in the biggest crossover bout ever... He's a fighters' fighter and his legacy will be one of reverence and greatness.

Fact is fact, his last ppv before Conor was bad.

Ok well I just told you why that was.

And to do 550k with Berto is not that bad. Berto wasn't in the Top 20 so to still do 550k with him shows his drawing power if anything.

The more important facts are Floyd holds all the numbers.

PPV's, Gates, Paydays, etc

All Floyd.

He won a belt in two different divisions, KO'd an all-timer in 13 seconds, became the most popular MMA fighter in history, strung together some of the sports most awe-inspiring moments, took fights on short notice, participated in the biggest crossover fight in history... He's a fighters' fighter and history will reflect fondly.
Has never defended...
Got doubled tapped twice in his last five fights....
Is strung out on Cocaine and hookers....
Chickened out from the standard practice, in giving a Champ, who took on all comers for a fkn decade, a re-match....
That "biggest crossover fight in history" was one of the worst professional fights I have ever seen. In which he got saved by the ref.....Not to mention it should never have even been sanctioned.... @Final Say can jump in and keep telling me "That was a normal stoppage" by boxing standards....

This part is the funniest...
"He's a fighters, fighter". Keep fighting the good fight man, Conor would be proud...

And you have? Fk Man, you are still too delusional, to see the ref saved his ass in that Floyd fight....
He was lobbying, getting, training for and promoting the Floyd fight and then his very next fight was Khabib. Yet you seem to want to make the point that he ducked Khabib.

You call him one dimensional, despite the fact that he has grappled with or altogether stopped grappling attacks from elite grapplers and beat them.

Do you know what a TKO is? It's a ref stopping a fight for someone's safety. I've never disputed that.

It's true...Conor is a big name. Probably the biggest name...now that doesn't equate to the best fighter...
It's like saying Tom Brady is the best QB when he isn't...he's just popular.

Last Floyd's ppv before Conor was 300-400 k....
Yes, but his previous PPV before that was over 4 million.

Floyd needed an MMA opponent to get back into the millions+ PPV category. McConner needed Floyd to cross into the mega realm of money

Back