Chael Sonnen is a better wrestler than Ryan Bader and Fedor stuffed Chael's takedowns with ease

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just saying...
People don't give Fedor a chance against Ryan Bader because of Bader's dominant wrestling, but look at what happened in the Sonnen fight. Sonnen was supposed to take Fedor down and hold him there forever as well. Fedor didn't allow The American Gangster to do that.
I think I will place a bet on Fedor winning this tournament.

I certainly hope you're right, but
A. Chael doesn't hit nearly as hard as Bader
B. Bader is MUCH stronger than Chael
C. Fedor's mileage.
Now I'll NEVER say Fedor can't beat Bader, but the odds are certainly leaning to Bader, and for good reason.

As a Fedor fan I've never even really considered Bader's wrestling as being the threat, it's Bader's knockout power vs. Fedor's often quite poor boxing defence and that in all likelihood Bader will be in better shape

Bader usually chokes in big fights. And there is no bigger fight than Fedor

Also Chael has better chin than Bader

Ryan Bader is alot younger and still in his prime compared to Chael Sonnen.

Ryan Bader is the much better wrestler and way stronger than Chael with better striking as well,
I honestly don’t see how Fedor has anything more than a punchers chance.
And this is coming from a Fedor fan since 2002.

That takedown against the cage and the ankle pick from Chael were too easy, that's all you need to see.
You fans are too blinded by the fancy judo stuff from Fedor, meanwhile he is completely helpless to a basic double against the cage, his instinct is to grab the fence/ropes instead to wrestle.
Bader will make Fedor wrestle, Fedor needs to catch him at the beginning, that's his best chance.

That takedown against the cage and the ankle pick from Chael were too easy, that's all you need to see.
You fans are too blinded by the fancy judo stuff from Fedor, meanwhile he is completely helpless to a basic double against the cage, his instinct is to grab the fence/ropes instead to wrestle.
Bader will make Fedor wrestle, Fedor needs to catch him at the beginning, that's his best chance.
Fedor will counter with judo

Will be an interesting fight but I can definitely see Bader wet blanket Fedor. I would bet my money on Bader in a wrestling match with Sonnen for sure.

I’m not expecting Fedor to win, but I will say this. If he landed that first shot on Bader instead of Chael, it would’ve been over immediately.

I got a sneaky suspicion that somehow Tito gets the winner when he is done with Chuck.

As a Fedor fan I've never even really considered Bader's wrestling as being the threat, it's Bader's knockout power vs. Fedor's often quite poor boxing defence and that in all likelihood Bader will be in better shape
His god awful defense worries me the most

I don't know who's better in a pure, prime vs. prime wrestling match, but Bader is about 6 years younger and is a solid, ripped 230 pounds--definitely stronger than Sonnen. He's definitely the better MMA wrestler and better fighter at this point. There's no way I can see Sonnen beating Phil Davis twice like Bader did.

How many attempts did it take for Chael to get him down? Of course if Bader is spamming TD attempts he is bound to score a few, but don't act like Chael just walked up and easily got Fedor down. And even if it goes down, he's been down before. Coleman was absolutely a better wrestler than Bader, and had more power in his hands, and was armbarred x2 by Fedor. This fight isn't that scary for Fedor.

Bader isnt 40, proper LHW to small HW unlike Chael, also has the KO power to try trading with Fedor, even if that isnt such a good idea.

Chael is more technical but Bader is a lot more powerful. Also I think Bader has better top game and better sub grappling game than Sonnen. He also has better endurance than Sonnen and hits a lot harder. One thing Sonnnen has better is his chin. Bader has a glass chin and if he makes a mistake Fedor will sleep him.

Back