Chael Sonnen is a better wrestler than Ryan Bader and Fedor stuffed Chael's takedowns with ease

I am a massive Chael fan but how are you guys defending him on this? His performance in that fight was insanely sloppy. Chael looked shook going into the fight as if he expected to be KO'd

He's also a lot more smaller and not as strong as Bader

I love Fedor and there is nothing that would make me happier than him beating Bader.

But it ain't happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bader/Sonnen happened if Bader outwrestled Chael to be honest. Not because Chael is bad wrestler but Bader is still somewhat underrated and nothing surprises me in this wacky lovable sport anymore.

How many attempts did it take for Chael to get him down? Of course if Bader is spamming TD attempts he is bound to score a few, but don't act like Chael just walked up and easily got Fedor down. And even if it goes down, he's been down before. Coleman was absolutely a better wrestler than Bader, and had more power in his hands, and was armbarred x2 by Fedor. This fight isn't that scary for Fedor.
More power in his hands ? ...u fucking crazy lol

If Chael was shook rightly so. He talked a lot of shit on him. A lot of people who have talked shit about Fedor then having to fight when they never thought they would never seem to do that well. People who think Fedor is a push over are insane. That guy will still be able to level 99.9 percent of the population when he's 50.

I don't know who's better in a pure, prime vs. prime wrestling match, but Bader is about 6 years younger and is a solid, ripped 230 pounds--definitely stronger than Sonnen. He's definitely the better MMA wrestler and better fighter at this point. There's no way I can see Sonnen beating Phil Davis twice like Bader did.

I might be a bit unfair here but when Maia takes you down via judo...
That does not give me confidence in your wrestling.
maiasonnenthrow.gif

I am a massive Chael fan but how are you guys defending him on this? His performance in that fight was insanely sloppy. Chael looked shook going into the fight as if he expected to be KO'd

Yep, a repeat of the Jones, Rashad and Tito fights as I was afraid would happen

I think its an interesting fight grappling wise in that whilst Fedor isn't close to the grappler he was a decade ago he's still not someone who will just happly stay on his back.

Baders typical tactic is to take opponents down and control them but Fedor is very little to force his hand in that situation, basically force him to come up with a serious sub or GnP threat to punish escape attempts.

I could potentially see Bader getting the best of a fight but never being in full control until Fedor finally catches him and finishes.

As he should he was fighting a 240 natural hw

If Chael was shook rightly so. He talked a lot of shit on him. A lot of people who have talked shit about Fedor then having to fight when they never thought they would never seem to do that well. People who think Fedor is a push over are insane. That guy will still be able to level 99.9 percent of the population when he's 50.
Fedor did look like he wanted to kill sonnen

Fedor did look like he wanted to kill sonnen
Best thing about it is that Oregon bastard can't talk shit about Fedor like he did without ending up really looking like a fool and sour grapes. I know lying doesn't mean shit to Sonnen and his act might still go(haven't heard if he started his shit) but his parroting fans will look like the monkeys they are. Saying he was overrated 10 years ago and still got his ass handed to him lol.

Best thing about it is that Oregon bastard can't talk shit about Fedor like he did without ending up really looking like a fool and sour grapes. I know lying doesn't mean shit to Sonnen and his act might still go(haven't heard if he started his shit) but his parroting fans will look like the monkeys they are. Saying he was overrated 10 years ago and still got his ass handed to him lol.
Yeah fedor looked possessed he was going for kill

No hes not. Bader is going to fucking maul Fedor. It's so fucking obvious.

Chael is older and def less powerful than Bader. And I think Bader has better wresling credentials, was also All-American and in HS he was like 4 in the country.

Fedor looked to be gassing very quick in Chael fight and everyone seems to fight for their life w him.
Its really concerning how he seemed to gas himself out punching but other than that really great match... well except giving up his back and then powering out of it. That was the same thing he did w BF but he could toss a lighter Chael off.

I think Fedor has a great chance here actually... if Bader goes for KO he may win but I think he'll try to wet blanket Fedor for 3RDs he didnt want one piece of Mittriones standup so.

Just saying...
People don't give Fedor a chance against Ryan Bader because of Bader's dominant wrestling, but look at what happened in the Sonnen fight. Sonnen was supposed to take Fedor down and hold him there forever as well. Fedor didn't allow The American Gangster to do that.
I think I will place a bet on Fedor winning this tournament.
Chael is more technical but Bader is a lot more powerful. Also I think Bader has better top game and better sub grappling game than Sonnen. He also has better endurance than Sonnen and hits a lot harder. One thing Sonnnen has better is his chin. Bader has a glass chin and if he makes a mistake Fedor will sleep him.

I don’t think there will be much grappling tbh. I think Baders game plan will be to stand with Fedor and knock him out and thats the most likely outcome. Poor Fedor :(

Back