Law Ohio passes Stand Your Ground legislation

A member of the "Black Caucus" had to be removed because she was screaming about this bill only leading to more black people getting shot
I came in to post this.

Ohio just needed their excuse to snuff out black men. Congratulations on that.

See my post above. Some guy shoves you, stand your ground does not at all give you the right to shoot him. It just means you don't have to run away

He shoves, you get up and say "what the heck!?" rather than running, he pulls a knife and lunges and you shoot him is what syg enables.

Without, a processuciting attorney can argue you had a duty to retreat once the confrontation began and so it's manslaughter even though you shot a guy in the process of stabbing you in the chest
What we have in Canada is the turn the other cheek laws and give up your property. Most criminals are good people just trying to turn their lives around.....

Without escalation though you just end up in a shot for shot exchange. There's no opportunity to end the situation.

You dont engage with fools at all when you carry

You dont stalk kids you dont start arguments you dont confront people about parking spaces while carrying a weapon and you do not pull that fucker out of its leather unless there is already a clear threat which an argument is not..... It seems really cut and dry to me

You dont engage with fools at all when you carry

You dont stalk kids you dont start arguments you dont confront people about parking spaces while carrying a weapon and you do not pull that fucker out of its leather unless there is already a clear threat which an argument is not..... It seems really cut and dry to me
I agree.

From the cases I have seen in the news I was not aware that they did

Maybe they need to be stronger

Im generally pro gun but I am also really pro throwing the book at you if you do something dumb with it and I would like to see the law reflect that more.

Zim Zam and the popcorn shooter both really put a bad taste in my mouth about syg laws

Which one is the popcorn shooter?

The big stand your ground case at the moment is the Florida parking lot shove

And he's currently charged and with the wording of the law, I fully feel will be convicted

I really dislike the SYG movement, because it's mostly a rallying cry for the now-mainstream "muh white genocide" crap.

But if it's true that Ohio law didn't allow a gun to be used in self defense except in a home or a car, that wouldn't make sense.

if you have never seen this watch it and you will chuckle at the least

I really dislike the SYG movement, because it's mostly a rallying cry for the now-mainstream "muh white genocide" crap.

But if it's true that Ohio law didn't allow a gun to be used in self defense except in a home or a car, that wouldn't make sense.

The law states that a person would have no duty to retreat first if they shoot someone in self-defense. As written now, the law limits that protection only to a person who feels threatened inside their house or vehicle.

I read that as a person only did not have a duty to first retreat in their home or car. IE they didn't haven't to first run away from their house to use lethal defense, but if on the sidewalk they had to first attempt to flee and only use deadly force if that was impossible

New law gets rid of the duty to retreat before using a gun (in response to a valid threat to one's own life) out in public or movie theater or wherever

At least to my read. There's for sure a double negative in there.

Which one is the popcorn shooter?

some old man got into an argument with a dude at a movie the dude told him to fuck himself and threw popcorn at him so said dude claimed syg and shot the dude dead

some old man got into an argument with a dude at a movie the dude told him to fuck himself and threw popcorn at him so said dude claimed syg and shot the dude dead

Damn. He get off and that's the problem? Or awaiting trial? Have a link for that royal fuck up?

The law states that a person would have no duty to retreat first if they shoot someone in self-defense. As written now, the law limits that protection only to a person who feels threatened inside their house or vehicle.

I read that as a person only did not have a duty to first retreat in their home or car. IE they didn't haven't to first run away from their house to use lethal defense, but if on the sidewalk they had to first attempt to flee and only use deadly force if that was impossible

New law gets rid of the duty to retreat before using a gun (in response to a valid threat to one's own life) out in public or movie theater or wherever

I agree that we either have a right to self defense or we don't, wherever we are (I think that should be an explicit constitutional right). I can't speak to Ohio's laws though. I see the claim being made by proponents of the law, but I don't necessarily trust what they say.

SYG tends to muddle up people's idea of self defense, and in favor of killers.

The US needs less Ohioans. This should help a bit.

I’m in Cleveland doing my masters and it seems like every week we get university alerts about youfs mugging some girl for her phone, breaking into cars, and the other day an undergrad student got shot near the campus.

Maybe if a few of them get blasted away, that’ll make the criminals think twice before mugging.

"Our constitution says that you're innocent until proven guilty, so why is it you're guilty until you gotta prove you’re innocence? That's not the way it works against the criminals," said Donnett

Thats exactly how it works.

You kill someone the prosecution needs to prove you killed him, you need to prove the killing was justified.

Proving a negative is a ridiculous.

I do like this part-
Instead of a defendant having to prove they shot someone in self-defense, prosecutors would have to prove he or she was not.

"Our constitution says that you're innocent until proven guilty, so why is it you're guilty until you gotta prove you’re innocence? That's not the way it works against the criminals," said Donnett

Isn't that the way it currently is?

If the police conclude it's self defense you were either not arrested or immediately released on that conclusion.

If the police conclude it wasn't self defense they pass the case onto the DA.

It's a catchy saying to get support for the bill but I think it's being dishonest about how people are currently treated who hurt others while defending themselves or being dishonest about what this bill will do. If cops think what you did was not self defense they are still sending your case to prosecution.

Do you have any examples of case law where they invoke this "duty to retreat"?

Because that black democrat knows that far too many black people are violent and now people can defend themselves better from it.

Stand your ground belongs in every state, we have the right to defend ourselves.

That should've been written in the Constitution....within the 2nd Amendment.

I guess our forefathers thought the American people would always use COMMON SENSE....

Kasich will veto it, just like a good leftist would.

Some guy shoves you and you can straight shoot him?
Not a big fan of this. It seems a lot of people use it as a excuse to kill someone and go unpunished.
Do you go around shoving people to the ground?

Back