Just watched mad max for the first time

The Mad Max series gets better with each sequel.
Despite what the critics say, Max Max Beyond Thunderdome is a damn good movie!
Don't you dare skip out on part 3

Always wanted to see it. I sat down and knew I was about to watch an action classic.

I was wrong.

This movie is trash. What the fuck was that? You call that an action movie? They show literally 0 people get killed. Jeez how prude is Australian film? I thought i was gonna see epic road scenes and dudes getting murked by gunfire. What I got was a bunch of nonsense. Is it supposed to be so bad its good?

The movie is paced like bumper to bumper traffic too. When it was over i thought 5 hours had gone by.

Now I have to watch the road warrior. I've heard that it is better. Which doesn't seem hard at all so it probably sucks too.

Chalk this up as my number 1 movie disappointment
I disagree with your assessment of the film, but you should know The Road Warrior will give you everything you were expecting with the first.

The third one is the only shit film among the franchise.

The rest are gold.

The third one is the only shit film among the franchise.

The rest are gold.

Who runs barter town is a line that trumps them all.

I like the first one. I watched them out of sequence 2.3 1 4. Mad max for sure has a different tone but it crucial for setting the world, and developing max. The villain is badass as well.

And for those that don’t know the main baddy in mad max is the same actor that plays the baddy in fury

Mad Max isn't great but The Road Warrior is brilliant. Definitely don't pass that up based on the first movie

Man, I loved Mad Max.

Even if it was filmed for a dollar fifty.

Best ending of any film in the series.

Last edited:
6c50912866ed614f0a644f88042abb66.gif

EagerEarlyBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

lol 'prude'- it shows rape scenes, people burning alive and also running over people, shotgunning people.

What the fuck are you into OP???

Road warrior review tomorrow.

Ive seen fury road. Pretty good movie.

Doesn't show any of those things

You gotta remember the timeframe this was made...I remember watching it as a kid and being like 'holy shit!'. Context is a big part of things when watching movies considered as classics.

I’ve never really heard the original mad max described as a classic. Not sure where TS got that impression.

Road Warrior on the other hand, is a classic.

I’ve never really heard the original mad max described as a classic. Not sure where TS got that impression.

Road Warrior on the other hand, is a classic.

Mad Max is a classic.

You heard it here first.

OP basically articulated my thoughts on Fury Road. That was a pile of shit.

The original "Mad Max" gets better on repeated viewings, as the simplistic approach grows on you. It's a tight little movie, but its hard not to be initially disappointed, because of the hype, most of which I believe is derived from the sequel which is an absolute action masterpiece. I sometimes think people just jumble the two together when remembering the original.

The original is very quiet for the most part, and driven by the characters more than anything, and if you go in expecting "MAD FUCKING MAX!!!", you're going to be disappointed. It's still a very good movie, that accomplished so much on a shoestring budget.

I do sympathize with the OP though, as I too was disappointed with it, and swore it off for years after my initial viewing, thinking it was this overrated, boring piece of shit. I've softened my stance over the years though.

It's a big shock when you see with the reputation that Mad Max has in pop culture.

Same thing happened to me with First Blood. I was like umm when does he blast dozens of dudes with an m60?!

Last edited:
Back