Just watched mad max for the first time

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Always wanted to see it. I sat down and knew I was about to watch an action classic.

I was wrong.

This movie is trash. What the fuck was that? You call that an action movie? They show literally 0 people get killed. Jeez how prude is Australian film? I thought i was gonna see epic road scenes and dudes getting murked by gunfire. What I got was a bunch of nonsense. Is it supposed to be so bad its good?

The movie is paced like bumper to bumper traffic too. When it was over i thought 5 hours had gone by.

Now I have to watch the road warrior. I've heard that it is better. Which doesn't seem hard at all so it probably sucks too.

Chalk this up as my number 1 movie disappointment

Mad Max isn't great but The Road Warrior is brilliant. Definitely don't pass that up based on the first movie

Mad Max isn't great but The Road Warrior is brilliant. Definitely don't pass that up based on the first movie
This. Road Warrior is def worth watching.

4da786fb18325e81e995544e6e3c6326-400x1000-jpg.gif

Damn harsh words for one of my favs. I thought Toecutter was a great villain and that ending where Max walks off into the distance with the explosion was great plus u got all those scenes with the Ford Falcons. BUT The Road Warrior is def superior. I consider Road Warrior to be perhaps the greatest action movie ever. The amount of choreography that had to be planned for the car chase/fighting scenes is hard to conceive.

Clay Guida?

{<buffer}The Car-Pen-Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Check out Volcano.

volcano.26280.jpg

It's much better.

Always wanted to see it. I sat down and knew I was about to watch an action classic.

I was wrong.

This movie is trash. What the fuck was that? You call that an action movie? They show literally 0 people get killed. Jeez how prude is Australian film? I thought i was gonna see epic road scenes and dudes getting murked by gunfire. What I got was a bunch of nonsense. Is it supposed to be so bad its good?

The movie is paced like bumper to bumper traffic too. When it was over i thought 5 hours had gone by.

Now I have to watch the road warrior. I've heard that it is better. Which doesn't seem hard at all so it probably sucks too.

I'm with you. Saw Road Warrior and was blown away. Then saw Mad Max and was severely disappointed.

The first Mad Max isn't great. There's a reason they disassociated Mad Max 2 in America and gave it a new name. This is how I rank the original franchise.

1. Mad Max 2
2. Mad Max 3
3. Mad Max on Water with Kevin Costner.
4. Mad Max 1.

Mad max one had a tiny budget and was filmed in 1979. Watch the road warrior if you want to really see what George miller was going for.

i remember hearing about "mad max" from my uncle, he was talking about the road warrior, but i didn't know that. as a kid, i was finally able to rent mad max and yikes, i was disappointed hah ol uncle really let me down on that one, though later when i did watch TRW, i got what he was praising.

Why did Charlize Theron choose that garbage role ?

Screw you!

Toecutter, Cundalini, Bubba Zanetti, Nightrider, and Johnny the Boy would kick your arse!

Last edited:
The Road Warrior is the GOAT. First one kinda sucks and is only of interest to see the birth of the series and the character of Rockatansky. Beyond Thunderdome aint great but is at least enjoyable in a fun 80s slice of cheese kinda way. But yeah... Road Warrior is George Miller's masterpiece and in my top 5 movies of all time.

Wait till you see the action scenes in Fury Road.

Mad max is dope but it should Be a separate storyline completely like a spin off in the same universe as Mad Max but it’s tone is so different from all the other movies it can be jarring if you work back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back