International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

And in this case an admission by the president, a small sanction and warning to the Sauds to stop being so stupid (privately of course) because next time they do something as moronic as killing a US permanent resident journalist in their consulate there will be hell to pay.

First off, you don't seem like the kind of cunty lefty that I hate, so not trying to get into a vicious argument.

But the whole permanent resident thing really feels like a reach and just a way to find any way possible to blame Trump.

I'm a US citizen and a Canadian PR and if something happens to me, it's the US I think should solve it, not Canada.

I'm not acting like anything. I knew what would happen. I'm just wondering what people thought we should do.

I mean, like it or not, they are an ally to the US both economically and strategically.

And yet the president has to overplay their economic and strategic value by inflating the actual deals in place with them and playing up an Iran boogeyman that is is not realistic and who's current hostile platform is in no small part due to Trump ripping up an agreement on the basis of it having Obama's name on it and SA giving him a medal.

SA is a strategic liability at this point.

And yet the president has to overplay their economic and strategic value by inflating the actual deals in place with them and playing up an Iran boogeyman that is is not realistic and who's current hostile platform is in no small part due to Trump ripping up an agreement on the basis of it having Obama's name on it and SA giving him a medal.

SA is a strategic liability at this point.
Well, like I said, it may seem wrong but the life of one Saudi journalist isn't worth the billions in deals we have with SA. Morally, it should be. Realistically, it isn't.

First off, you don't seem like the kind of cunty lefty that I hate, so not trying to get into a vicious argument.

But the whole permanent resident thing really feels like a reach and just a way to find any way possible to blame Trump.

I'm a US citizen and a Canadian PR and if something happens to me, it's the US I think should solve it, not Canada.

This is a special case, imagine a situation where the American government killed you and your family that were Canadian citizens wanted answers, it's not all one sides responsibility but somewhere in the middle. This is not all Trumps fault either as he is playing the game of alliances-diplomacy-justice like his predecessors did; this does show his inexperience with dealing with such matters though.

Well, like I said, it may seem wrong but the life of one Saudi journalist isn't worth the billions in deals we have with SA. Morally, it should be. Realistically, it isn't.

But realistically, it could be. And that starts with you holding politicians accountable and not immediately throwing your hands up in surrender.

Let me add to this, tell me more about how Erdogen is a monster, but the house of Saud is our ally.

Erdogan is a monster, just like every ally we have in the ME.

What people should ask themselves, is what is the real reason the US government turned on Erdogen?

It obviously doesn't have shit to do with morals.

I might agree if he wasn't a journalist that worked for the Washington Post.

Think about the effect this could have on our media.

Saudi Arabia already has the media telling outright lies for them. Not only do they get to bribe media for good propaganda, but they now can send a journalist a message, asking if they saw what happened last time.

If you don't want US media fearing to ever tell any truth about Saudi Arabia, you might want to stand up, and have a major problem with this.

Forget where this guy comes from. Saudi Arabia just attacked our media with murder. If you ever want to hear a honest report about Saudi Arabia again, you might want to demand a response that ensures it Saudi Arabia even dreams of this again, they wake up and smack themselves.

I might agree if he wasn't a journalist that worked for the Washington Post.

Think about the effect this could have on our media.

Saudi Arabia already has the media telling outright lies for them. Not only do they get to bribe media for good propaganda, but they now can send a journalist a message, asking if they saw what happened last time.

If you don't want US media fearing to ever tell any truth about Saudi Arabia, you might want to stand up, and have a major problem with this.

Forget where this guy comes from. Saudi Arabia just attacked our media with murder. If you ever want to hear a honest report about Saudi Arabia again, you might want to demand a response that ensures it Saudi Arabia even dreams of this again, they wake up and smack themselves.
Thats the dilemma though, everything you just said is right but anything we choose to do about it comes at a cost. How much pain do the U.S. citizens want to feel to ensure the Saudis treat our reporters with the proper respect? I want it to be a lot. I want us as a nation to stand up to the Saudis and say fuck your billions, you cant do that shit....

But thats not whats going to happen. Trumps "statement" and piss poor deflection says it all. The Saudi's can do what they want and we are just going to keep taking that good oil money while its still good.

Thats the dilemma though, everything you just said is right but anything we choose to do about it comes at a cost. How much pain do the U.S. citizens want to feel to ensure the Saudis treat our reporters with the proper respect? I want it to be a lot. I want us as a nation to stand up to the Saudis and say fuck your billions, you cant do that shit....

But thats not whats going to happen. Trumps "statement" and piss poor deflection says it all. The Saudi's can do what they want and we are just going to keep taking that good oil money while its still good.

Yeah, that was clear after 9-11.

Perhaps if politicians knew pandering to actual terrorists, for oil, will lose elections, they will stop.

This is the dumbest shit hes said this week. The twists he makes to not blame the Saudis is an embarrassment to America.
you're all responsible for his death. Be ashamed.

As predicted, he not only did nothing, but praised SA.
We really needed to elect an uberwealthy closet dictator elitist to massage his money-boner ahead of anything resembling principle.

He could at least have talked tough.

You know, a deal:
"I'll say harsh things and you stand strong, it'll make us both look strong and then this will fade away..."

This is the dumbest shit hes said this week. The twists he makes to not blame the Saudis is an embarrassment to America.

What a psycho.

People mad at Trump for not being as slick and sophisticated in delivering them bullshit.

Last edited:
CIA Has Recording of Saudi Crown Prince Ordering Khashoggi Silenced, Turkish Media Reports
Prominent Turkish columnist says CIA director Gina Haspel had 'signaled' the existence of the recording in a visit to Ankara
A Turkish official contacted by Reuters said he had no information about such a recording. "There is talk of another recording," Hurriyet newspaper journalist Abdulkadir Selvi wrote in a column, saying the purported call took place between Prince Mohammed and his brother, Saudi Arabia's ambassador to Washington.

"It is being said that CIA chief Gina Haspel indicated this during her visit to Turkey," he wrote, adding that they had discussed Khashoggi, a critic of the kingdom's de facto ruler.

"It is being said the crown prince gave orders to 'silence Jamal Khashoggi as soon as possible'," in a call which was monitored by the U.S. agency, he said.
https://www.haaretz.com/amp/middle-...-khasoggi-1.6677571?__twitter_impression=true

Fuck the global economy, if someone needs to be punished, they need to be punished, period.

I wonder what he would have said pre-election if Obama was POTUS?

In the UK there is actually a Government protocol which means ministers cannot speak negatively about any official ally. There has been times in the past when ministers has criticised Saudi Arabia and then been reprimanded by the PM!

So Trump really gonna let a US citizen get Walter White’d and not do a damn thing about it. Fuck him.

If DT (read as dou-tei, meaning cherry boy/ virgin manlet in Japanese) ever gets assassinated, this will be his epitaph.

I agree it is pathetic. But I seriously doubt Hilary or even Saint Obama himself would have taken significant punitive action in this case. As long as America wants that oil, the Saudis will have an unbreakable RNC on every US President.

Hate the Game, not the Playa.

The game called Black Slavery ended a century ago when people told the players to stop playing. The price for ending it is a war. Sadly, its the people, not the players, who bleed in the war.

Now tell me, why should I not hate the players?

Back