NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dinkin_Flicka just picked up a switch, have two questions for ya.

What are the good RPGs for the Switch if you've tried any, and any good games to play with your kid?

I've heard South Park FbH is pretty good. I think I'm going to pick that up today. And obviously Breath of the Wild isn't strictly an RPG, but close genres and amazing.

What are the good RPGs for the Switch if you've tried any, and any good games to play with your kid?

Obviously Zelda is great. I missed classic dungeons, but the game so amazing at a bunch of other things you hardly notice their gone. Never have a I played a game that has captured my curiosity and wonder like Breath of the Wild did. I could just roam for days looking for berries and be completely content

Xenoblade Chronicles X would be another good game to pick up. I really wanted to like this game. It had a ton of things going for it, but I found the combat to be a little monotonous. The game was beautiful, the world was incredibly vibrant, story was really great, the combat just ruined it for me. That was just my experience though so I would watch some videos and make decision on your own. We had a pretty good thread going on when it released and a bunch of other Sherdoggers really loved it.

Ys VIII was really fun. It's like a mix between The Legend of Zelda and Secret of Mana but with the combat speed cranked to 11. Huge adventure map that opens more and more as you complete dungeons and collect gear. As your experience level grows you acquire new skills to level up. The boss battles are well done in the sense that most of the open world combat is pretty hack'n slashy, but bosses have to be strategized and handled with care. If you try to go in guns blazing, you'll end up at the game over screen before you know it.

Diablo 3 has been my current time sink. It's been out for ages, but playing it for the first time myself on the Switch and really glad I waited. I travel a lot for work and had it on my flight a few weeks back and will bring it with me when I hop a plain on Monday.

As for games with the kids we've played a lot of Mario Kart and Mario Party. Other than that my kid has moved on to the Xbox and really only migrates to the Switch for Fortenight and for Mario Kart/Party.

I've heard South Park FbH is pretty good. I think I'm going to pick that up today. And obviously Breath of the Wild isn't strictly an RPG, but close genres and amazing.
I put Hollow Knight on hold to play BOTW because someone is lending it to me.

I was worried about the new layout and the fact thah weapons break but it’s been a non issue. There are so many weapons to pick up it’s easy to keep your inventory stocked up. I’m only a couple of hours in but have enjoyed exploring the map and practicing some of the bow mechanics. Also wasted about 30 minutes hunting small game and cooking it up.

No More Hero’s 2 will be my next Switch purchase. I thought the first one was really fun and enjoyable.

No More Hero’s 2 will be my next Switch purchase. I thought the first one was really fun and enjoyable.
That came out on the wii already back in 2010 didn’t it? Did they remake it for the switch or is this going to be a brand new game?

The new one will actually be the third, but I believe it's supposed to be a sort of spinoff.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (the dlc is almost as big as the main game too), Octopath Traveler, Child of Light, Lost Sphear, Disgaea 5, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Y's VIII, The World Ends with You Final Remix, Shining Resonance Refrain, Darkest Dungeon, This War of Mine, both South Park rpg's, and I Am Setsuna.
Plus of course Zelda, Monster Hunter, Skyrim, and Dark Souls for action-adventure games with rpg elements.

Last edited:
Yea, you guys are right I think this is actually the 3rd game in the series. Sucks it was delayed, but I’m fine with it. After the SFV debacle, I’d rather have a fully fleshed out game than a crappy one.

That said, have loot boxes appeared on the Switch yet?

Finally broke through a barrier with Diablo 3. Got my Barb geared out with best available to craft and a few drops of the Immortal King set. Was hovering around T7 grinding for a few key drops. Finally finished the IK set and got the Gavel of Judgement and my damage output went through the roof. Did the highest GR I had available at 30 and just ran through it. I can literally hold down Hammer of the Ancients and have it return more Fury than is expended to use. My standard crits were hitting for around 100mil and now I'm seeing legendary crits creeping up on 1bil.

*Edit*
Actually 1 piece short of IK set for 1500% dmg increase and getting numbers up at 3bil. Should go way up when I get the last piece. Have a few extra pieces I can convert and just farming mats now .

Last edited:
Got D3 for the Switch. No idea what class to play, but leaning crusader.

my favorite class is the monk. the playstyle is fast and in your face
Went with the wizard. Got disintegration ray, and things quite literally melt.

FYI, the next game "Travis Strikes Again" will be played in a top down mode, and is not an exact sequel like the previous two, but will still maintain the spirit of the NMH series. Suda did say that a true sequel to the series is coming in the future.

any bros up for sherdog Mario Kart races? A bunch of us played during the MK8 WiiU and it was a blast. I'd be willing to pick this up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back