NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions for the floor Switch owners in here:

1) Does anyone have Doom for Switch? This sounds pretty tempting to have a portable kickass FPS. I heard it runs half the frame rate and looks not good when docked though, so I'm leaning toward buying it on PS4 if anything. Especially with the price discrepancy.

2) Does anyone play MK8 with the little steering wheel things? I thought it might be fun to buy some when I pick up the game just for groups, but then again it seems a bit gimmicky and in general I prefer a controller.

Installing Wizard of Legend right now, with Warframe to follow. I'm gonna need a new SD card here pretty soon, lol.

Two questions for the floor Switch owners in here:

1) Does anyone have Doom for Switch? This sounds pretty tempting to have a portable kickass FPS. I heard it runs half the frame rate and looks not good when docked though, so I'm leaning toward buying it on PS4 if anything. Especially with the price discrepancy.

2) Does anyone play MK8 with the little steering wheel things? I thought it might be fun to buy some when I pick up the game just for groups, but then again it seems a bit gimmicky and in general I prefer a controller.

For MK8 I use these:

41uXijGYCmL._AC_US218_.jpg

They're not necessary, but holding just the Joy Con my hands get cramped up. These are 1000x more comfortable. You can set up each player in MK8 to use either the analog stick or a steering wheel so you can always do a mix for what each player prefers.

I can't speak for the performance of Doom, but for me personally I would gladly take the performance hit and price point for the portability. That's just me though because I travel a lot for work and fly cross country, so it's nice to have some beefy games on 6 hour plane rides. I just got back from a work trip and was rocking Diablo III the whole time.

For MK8 I use these:

41uXijGYCmL._AC_US218_.jpg

They're not necessary, but holding just the Joy Con my hands get cramped up. These are 1000x more comfortable. You can set up each player in MK8 to use either the analog stick or a steering wheel so you can always do a mix for what each player prefers.

I can't speak for the performance of Doom, but for me personally I would gladly take the performance hit and price point for the portability. That's just me though because I travel a lot for work and fly cross country, so it's nice to have some beefy games on 6 hour plane rides. I just got back from a work trip and was rocking Diablo III the whole time.
Ah good idea on the controller guys.

Hmm yeah I see a lot of value with the portability too, but I was thinking Dark Souls as my third game. That was I have two super long/awesome games (that and BOTW) and MK8 which is indefinitely replayable.

Putting tons of hours into Diablo III making the climb up the Great Rift levels to reach GR70 and unlock Primal Ancient gear. My clear times really slowed down at like 60+ when it hit the equivalent to Torment XIII. My average crits are regularly hitting for 30b+ and it's still taking a few hits for trash mobs. I cleared GR66 and I finished the guardian just as the clock ticked to 0 seconds and still got credit to level my gem. There have been a few clears where I didn't make the time requirements, which is fine since I still get credit for clearing the Great Rift. Only 3 more levels to go and I jump back down the ladder to a more sensible difficulty to more efficiently farm for legendaries.

Putting tons of hours into Diablo III making the climb up the Great Rift levels to reach GR70 and unlock Primal Ancient gear. My clear times really slowed down at like 60+ when it hit the equivalent to Torment XIII. My average crits are regularly hitting for 30b+ and it's still taking a few hits for trash mobs. I cleared GR66 and I finished the guardian just as the clock ticked to 0 seconds and still got credit to level my gem. There have been a few clears where I didn't make the time requirements, which is fine since I still get credit for clearing the Great Rift. Only 3 more levels to go and I jump back down the ladder to a more sensible difficulty to more efficiently farm for legendaries.

Which class are you maining?

Which class are you maining?

Currently running with the Barbarian and a Hammer of the Ancients spam build. Damage/Survivability has been great up until the last few Great Rift levels. It will take me up to GR70 no prob, but to go any further I'll have optimize this build.

I have a level 70 Wizard too, but haven't put a build armor set together and it's damage output isn't anywhere near what the Barbarian is doing.

Damn dude. I am only up to GR27. No issues thus far, but I can see it getting difficult soon.

Up to GR35. I kill things plenty fast enough, but damn I cannot take a hit, even a trash mob projectile can take down like a third of my health.

Up to GR35. I kill things plenty fast enough, but damn I cannot take a hit, even a trash mob projectile can take down like a third of my health.

Are you still playing as the Wizard? I've found that even as the Barbarian I had to do some serious tweaks to optimize damage mitigation at the price of some of my damage output. Even with my set up now, which as a new D3 player has a lot of ability to absorb damage, I can still go from full health to dead in flash if I'm not paying attention.

Currently I'm stuck at GR66. My survivability is up enough to get to the Rift Guardian without dying usually, but my clear times are just a hair over the 15 minute mark where I can't open the next level.

Are you still playing as the Wizard? I've found that even as the Barbarian I had to do some serious tweaks to optimize damage mitigation at the price of some of my damage output. Even with my set up now, which as a new D3 player has a lot of ability to absorb damage, I can still go from full health to dead in flash if I'm not paying attention.

Currently I'm stuck at GR66. My survivability is up enough to get to the Rift Guardian without dying usually, but my clear times are just a hair over the 15 minute mark where I can't open the next level.
Yeah, still doing the wizard, will probably have to do some respeccing for more damage resistance. Right now I am just working up my Gem of Ease so I can quickly level the other classes.

Yeah, still doing the wizard, will probably have to do some respeccing for more damage resistance. Right now I am just working up my Gem of Ease so I can quickly level the other classes.

Which sets are you guys using?

I ended up completing the first 4 tiers of season challenges to get my first full set (you can only do it once per account) for my monk. I am currently at GR87, so if you wanna add me as a friend to help with some farming/level boosting, I believe you can search for my name hairdewx. (SW-2045-2242-6540)

I think one of the faster ways to get the gear you want is to farm Deaths Breath through the "normal" nephalem rifts and adventure mode quests (this season provides double reward boxes) to upgrade rares to legendaries and reforge set items to other pieces.

Last edited:
Which sets are you guys using?

I ended up completing the first 4 tiers of season challenges to get my first full set (you can only do it once per account) for my monk. I am currently at GR87, so if you wanna add me as a friend to help with some farming/level boosting, I believe you can search for my name hairdewx.

I think one of the faster ways to get the gear you want is to farm Deaths Breath through the "normal" nephalem rifts and adventure mode quests (this season provides double reward boxes) to upgrade rares to legendaries and reforge set items to other pieces.

Farmed a few key pieces and optomized my build and just blasted through GR70 with a little over 7 minutes to spare and no deaths. Could probably push to 80ish as I have 3 legendary gems equiped and none of them are 25 to unlock more bonuses towards elites and GR bosses.

Currently running a Barbarian with the Immortal King and a few pieces of Might of the Earth to unlock it's 2 piece set bonus. Adding the few pieces of MoE really helped with my survivability mixed with the IK to mitigate huge huge chunck of damage.

Whats your attack rating sitting at clearing up at GR87? Curious to know what I need to be sitting at to efficiently kill enemies. Right now I'm sitting at like 750k, but once I light off all of my buffs for steady state attacking it jumps more than double to almost 1.6mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back