NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the switch hasnt arrived yet, disappointing to find that you need the actual console to buy anything on the eshop, gonna be missing the sale. Nintendo and non consumer friendly antics....

Bought the switch hasnt arrived yet, disappointing to find that you need the actual console to buy anything on the eshop, gonna be missing the sale. Nintendo and non consumer friendly antics....
Huh? You can't buy the stuff online on your Nintendo account and then download it when you get the switch?

Huh? You can't buy the stuff online on your Nintendo account and then download it when you get the switch?

You can buy them online, sign into your account or create one if you don't have one.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Seems so, loads of sales lost to this I feel, dumbos.
You can buy them online, sign into your account or create one if you don't have one.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals
I just created an account, says I need a switch registered to buy. Well I dont have the switch yet, but there is a sale going on and mario is cheap.

I just created an account, says I need a switch registered to buy. Well I dont have the switch yet, but there is a sale going on and mario is cheap.

That blows. I guess if Amazon has any sales you could always buy a digital code but that's all I got.

That sucks. Hopefully there will be another big sale before Christmas

That sucks. Hopefully there will be another big sale before Christmas
Wouldnt really have played it nw anyways but its the cheapest ive ever seen it and I bought a big memory card so I was looking to fill it up.

RDR2 will havemost of my time, with mario kart 8 just for fun, then ill probably start with BOTW, then super smash bros. Mario after.

Sup everyone, haven't been on here in a while.

I knew that Pokemon Let's Go were going to be easy and mainly for casual gamers, but my Pokemon craving has been strong so I picked it up. Regretted my purchase after a few hours. I know most Pokemon games in recent years have been easy, but this one is just insulting. The worst part is that I could enjoy every Pokemon game before by using my usual handicaps to make the game actually fun, but I can't even apply them in PLG. Not being able to turn exp share off was a huge mistake, and in turn makes your party way too strong so you just plow through everyone. Where's the fun in that? I can see these games being fun for young kids and casual players, but for someone who's been playing since the OG Red/Blue/Green PLG is just not cutting it.

That said, there is plenty PLG did very well. Having wild encounters become elective battles was great. Having the option of taking a Pokemon out of its ball and follow you around is also what everyone wants. The games are very charming visually and open up a lot of potential for future games on the Switch. Getting rid of HMs is also for the best, would just like them to become a non battle ability that Pokemon have and not a gimmick like Pikachu/Eevee in PLG or the stupid Pokeride system in Sun/Moon. Really hoping the 2019 games apply some of these features but bring back the classic formula. Having a balance of both would be best.

any bros up for sherdog Mario Kart races? A bunch of us played during the MK8 WiiU and it was a blast. I'd be willing to pick this up again.
dang I need to get MK8. I almost bought it this evening when I was in Target but no one was working in the electronics section so I just grabbed my paper towels and fucked off home.

dang I need to get MK8. I almost bought it this evening when I was in Target but no one was working in the electronics section so I just grabbed my paper towels and fucked off home.
Im so glad I got MK8 and BOTW with my switch during cyber monday for 299.

Havent played MK in years but cant wait to have stupid fun with it, ill be definitely joining if there is one.

Nintendo Switch dominated Black Friday with record-breaking sales
https://bgr.com/2018/11/28/nintendo-switch-sales-black-friday-cyber-monday/

In a press release on Wednesday, Nintendo revealed that it broke two records from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday:

1. The Switch became the fastest-selling Nintendo console in US history over that five-day period.
  2. The Switch had its best-selling week in the United States since launching in March 2017.
Citing Adobe Analytics, Nintendo claims that the Switch not only broke a few records, but was also “the overall top-selling video game product online for the Black Friday-Cyber Monday time period.” In other words, the Switch sold better than the PS4 and Xbox One, both of which were available at lower price points.

What's really impressive was sales of switch over BF and SM were greater than that of the Wii, which was a holiday sales beast atleast for the first 3-4 years in its lifespan.

good news for content creators!

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/news/

Announcements
2018-11-29
End of the Nintendo Creators Program & Information about New Guidelines
We are ending the Nintendo Creators Program (NCP) to make it easier for content creators to make and monetize videos that contain Nintendo game content. We will no longer ask creators to submit their videos to the NCP, and creators can continue showing their passion for Nintendo by following Nintendo’s guidelines, located at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/index.html.

The NCP will come to a close at the end of December 2018. Please note that we are no longer accepting videos and channels, and will not review any that have been submitted, but not yet registered. The NCP website will be taken down on March 20, 2019.

We appreciate and encourage the continued support of content creators, and thank them for their dedication to helping us create smiles.

Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back