Getting back into video gaming? Xbox One or Playstation 4?

Rarely, I may go back and play Mario Rpg on the SNES emulator or Zelda 64. Use to own both systems, but I got rid of them. Last system I owned was playstation 2. What do you own? which would you recommend?

There is only one thing that has an SNES emulator, Nintendo 64 emulator and a Playstation 2 emulator...the same thing that has a Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS 1, PS 3, Xbox and every other system simulator...a PC. The thing that will also allow you to play most PS 4 and Xbox One games...and the next generation of consoles games.

what are these awesome xbox games you can't play on ps4?
Out of the list of best exclusives i just looked at Halo and gears of war are the only two that I would get if i had to pick something.

I haven’t kept up, so I don’t know if it’s still as true as it was but some cross platform titles were better on Xbox than PS variants, and I suppose the same could have been true the other way around depending on title.

One thing to think about however, if you care at all is backwards compatibility if you have been running one type for a long time.

There are some original Xbox games i can still play on my One.

If my one died, I would get a one x for this reason alone, I can still play a large majority of all my games from the origian/360 and one.

Ps, would have to have some exclusives I was just dying to play, to make me give all that up.

And for me at least it just isn’t there.

Starting from scratch, not having any console then it closes the gap butbalot of people have something previous.

But still I can’t find one single ps exclusive I would actually buy, let alone make me change platform for.

Different play styles different tastes.

Xbox just seems to have more games of my play style.

Out of the list of best exclusives i just looked at Halo and gears of war are the only two that I would get if i had to pick something.

I haven’t kept up, so I don’t know if it’s still as true as it was but some cross platform titles were better on Xbox than PS variants, and I suppose the same could have been true the other way around depending on title.

One thing to think about however, if you care at all is backwards compatibility if you have been running one type for a long time.

There are some original Xbox games i can still play on my One.

If my one died, I would get a one x for this reason alone, I can still play a large majority of all my games from the origian/360 and one.

Ps, would have to have some exclusives I was just dying to play, to make me give all that up.

And for me at least it just isn’t there.

Starting from scratch, not having any console then it closes the gap butbalot of people have something previous.

But still I can’t find one single ps exclusive I would actually buy, let alone make me change platform for.

Different play styles different tastes.

Xbox just seems to have more games of my play style.

regardless of taste and play style, xbox has pretty much 0 current gen exclusives und ps4 has a good number of them.

backwards compatibility is a reason for sure but doesnt matter in OP's case

regardless of taste and play style, xbox has pretty much 0 current gen exclusives und ps4 has a good number of them.

When I look at the lists online of the “best “ exclusives from each, only Xbox has titles I might buy, but I guess that’s me.

It is a little off putting that they are both continuations of current franchises and nothing “new”
Halo and Gears. That’s it.

The only upcoming games currently in the works I care about buying are Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk and Rage
Doom I don’t know if I’ll get for the Xbox yet, I’ll for sure get it on PC, I might also get it on Xbox. Cyberpunk will be pc and rage might be the only one I get on Xbox.

So, there is little holding me to Xbox specifically besides backwards compatibility, and NOTHING making me want a PS.

Maybe that helps explain it, but the “exclusives” thing, like I’ve mentimned before only matters In the PS argument, if there is actually something there you want to play.

Lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

I was ok with exlusives back with xbox 360.

Xbox One has really dropped the ball which is why a loyal customer like me went and gave money to playstation.

It was funny to me that instead of announcing games they started announcing studios they had bought. Yeah ok good for you. Why the fuck have you taken this long to do that? I still don't see any games so I'm not going to pat you on the back for getting studios for future games.

there is a rumor that the PS5 is actually super close, so if you wanna wait it up, thats it

This thread is very very subjective so let me give you some high points on each console and let me know what you are more interested in.

Xbox has
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY. This is huge for some people. Most of the best games on Xbox 360 and even the original xbox can be played on the xbox one. You can buy them as downloads or get the disks. Either works.

I was so excited when I heard about backwards compatibility, but after all these years they still haven't brought back the only two games I care about from the 360: Crysis 3 and Space Marine.

I was so excited when I heard about backwards compatibility, but after all these years they still haven't brought back the only two games I care about from the 360: Crysis 3 and Space Marine.
Wait what?
I was pretty sure I’ve played crysis on my one.

Let me dig it out tonight and fact check that one myself.

Back