CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're adding her Binary powers into this. I like it.
Also, has it been confirmed that Carol will be the gay character that MCU promised, cuz if not I'm calling it now.

Whatsherface still seems way miscast. I'm not getting anything from her in these trailers.

Also, anybody pick up a ROM vs. Wraith type interaction in that subway train? ROM would be so epic.
@Loiosh @Dragonlordxxxxx @anybodyelesewhoknowswtfROMis

Skipping the trailers, I'm in love with Larson and want to see this film badly. Would love to see ROM and the wraiths, though.

brie-larson-4msoyrf.jpg

I dunno, I hope her blasting shit with energy beams seems more hype in the movies than it does in the trailers.

I will reserve judgement on the characterization or her performance, it's hard to tell from a cookie cutter sizzle reel trailer.

I am pretty underwhelmed by both trailers. I think wooden describes Brie's acting pretty well in them, but that's not what's bothering me. It feels like a tv series trailer, and more like a network tv thing, not HBO.

Brie's a good enough actress, and being a huge MCU fan/finding her haf, I'll def check it out, but it's not giving me that must see in a theater vibe, unlike the latest Aquaman trailer. Now that screams theater experience.

Yeah, both trailers aren't making me go watch this movie. Looks like some cheesy sci-fi channel movie honestly.

i know ppl are shitting on it because she doesn't really show emotion. i just thought of how can she when she really doesn't know who she is. maybe once she learns who she is she will. the action looks like it will be good

She came across like a soldier to me which is what she is. I expect her to grow during the movie as she finds out more about herself. This trailer was better than the last one and the movie looks good. Looking forward to this one.

I'm not feeling positive about Marvel after Infinity War if this is what we can expect in Phase 4.

I am pretty underwhelmed by both trailers. I think wooden describes Brie's acting pretty well in them, but that's not what's bothering me. It feels like a tv series trailer, and more like a network tv thing, not HBO.

Brie's a good enough actress, and being a huge MCU fan/finding her haf, I'll def check it out, but it's not giving me that must see in a theater vibe, unlike the latest Aquaman trailer. Now that screams theater experience.
Now that you mention the network TV feel....no wonder I got Phase 1 and 2 vibes from the first trailer.

Ph
I'm not feeling positive about Marvel after Infinity War if this is what we can expect in Phase 4.
Kevin Feige's contract is up soon...we don't know for sure if he's gonna stay.

i know ppl are shitting on it because she doesn't really show emotion. i just thought of how can she when she really doesn't know who she is. maybe once she learns who she is she will. the action looks like it will be good
Showing emotion isn't dependent on "knowing who you are". Emotions are humans' natural reactions to different things.

You've never heard anyone say "my amnesia turned me into a sociopath"

Showing emotion isn't dependent on "knowing who you are". Emotions are humans' natural reactions to different things.

You've never heard anyone say "my amnesia turned me into a sociopath"

Yea this came across to me as a trained emotionless soldier type of thing. I have a feeling during the movie she will open up more and more.

Probably won't watch this since they chose such an ugly chick for this role.

She came across like a soldier to me which is what she is. I expect her to grow during the movie as she finds out more about herself. This trailer was better than the last one and the movie looks good. Looking forward to this one.

Looks more to me like her take on portraying the character is that because she's a female hero, she's above the whole movie and everything in it. I could be wrong, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a better explanation for why a good actress is delivering everything like a block of wood. This second trailer was full of lines that should have had something other than "disinterested superiority" on them.

No matter how good this movie turns out all I will be thinking about is her jacked up feet. The sherdogger that pointed out her jacked up feet can go fuck themself with a red hot flame thrower nozzle. Those feet will haunt your dreams boys.

No matter how good this movie turns out all I will be thinking about is her jacked up feet. The sherdogger that pointed out her jacked up feet can go fuck themself with a red hot flame thrower nozzle. Those feet will haunt your dreams boys.
How could you look past her jacked up face?

How could you look past her jacked up face?
she is an all around poor choice. She must do some very very deviant shit on the casting couch to get a leading role like this.

I think her feet are so bad that even though she has a meh face and no body I can’t think of anything but those feet.

Honestly, it looks like shit. She’s such a bland and stiff actor, like show some god damn emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back