A decision you didnt agree with that turned you against the "undeserving" winner

He was robbed against Holloway though.

It's called reversion to the mean. Same thing happened to Bendo when he got jobbed in the third Cerrone fight after all of those questionable decisions went his way.

didnt like bisping after the hamill decision. For the record i think bisping won the fight, but it was super close. Bisping clearly lost the 1st then jabbed and moved his way to outscoring hamill rounds 2 and 3 narrowly. So the decision didnt bug me. But his stupid fucking antics in the cage afterwards did. Bisping was shitting his pants while the scores were being read then when he found out he won he starts yelling for hamill to get the fuck out of the ufc, this mma not wrestling blah blah blah. Shut the fuck up and show respect for barely eeking out a close win and stop acting like you dominated.

Machida vs Shogun

:mad:

Thanks for reminding me i haven't given my voodoo doll a good pinning in quite some time.
Lyoto gonna feel this one for sure...
You leave lyoto ryoto machida alone !

I wanted Hendricks to KO GSP... then was even more pissed when GSP got the decision... but then turned on Hendricks when he came up with probably the worst excuse of all time ("70% punches" AKA "I could have won if I tried harder but I lost") and went on to become one of the most embarassing mma fighters of all time with his ridiculous crybaby antics/weight misses. That fight was like the Stone Cold/Bret Hart double turn for me.

Strikes

Shogun - 172
Hendo - 119

Power strikes

Shogun - 80
Hendo - 55

Knock downs

Shogun - 0
Hendo - 1

Take downs

Shogun - 5
Hendo - 1

Mount

Shogun - 5
Hendo - 1

First round was arguably 10-10
Which gives Shogun the win if the other rounds are scored correctly

If you give Hendo the first 3 rounds and Shogun the last 2 then it's a draw if scored correctly

Regardless Hendo knocked him out in the 2nd fight so he was the better man.

Even still the first fight was a win for Rua or a draw. The fact MMA scoring follows the criteria of boxing is ridiculous.

Judge the fight by whole and Shogun is the winner.

Fights are not scored off total strikes or any of the stats you just gave so I’m a little confused by your argument

Close fight no doubt and under the current scoring round 5 is for sure a 10-8 for Shogun but back then it was a lot harder to get a 10-8. Scoring round 1 10-10 is a stretch, almost everyone had it as a 10-9 for Hendo meaning best case scenario is draw for Shogun

You can say “judge the fight as a whole and Shogun won” but if the fighters went into it knowing it was being judged as a whole then both of them would have fought differently

Fights are not scored off total strikes or any of the stats you just gave so I’m a little confused by your argument

Close fight no doubt and under the current scoring round 5 is for sure a 10-8 for Shogun but back then it was a lot harder to get a 10-8. Scoring round 1 10-10 is a stretch, almost everyone had it as a 10-9 for Hendo meaning best case scenario is draw for Shogun

You can say “judge the fight as a whole and Shogun won” but if the fighters went into it knowing it was being judged as a whole then both of them would have fought differently

It wasnt difficult for the same judges to Bonnar/Krystoff a 10-8 round when it wasnt even close to it. Same event btw

The stats show Shogun lead in every category except knock downs and reversals

You leave lyoto ryoto machida alone !

tumblr_p4ucrmNOSy1w8qokno1_500.gif

It wasnt difficult for the same judges to Bonnar/Krystoff a 10-8 round when it wasnt even close to it. Same event btw

The stats show Shogun lead in every category except knock downs and reversals

I had it 47-47, I just think the only acceptable scores are 47-47 and 48-47 Hendo, I don’t see anyway Shogun could have been given the win. Fights aren’t scored off stats. Dominic Cruz landed more strikes than Cody Garbrandt in their fight, stats mean almost nothing

I had it 47-47, I just think the only acceptable scores are 47-47 and 48-47 Hendo, I don’t see anyway Shogun could have been given the win. Fights aren’t scored off stats. Dominic Cruz landed more strikes than Cody Garbrandt in their fight, stats mean almost nothing

I judge fights as a whole. MMA judging needs a make over as it is.

Pride rules/scoring is far better than UFC but judging it as a whole while the actual competitors aren’t going into it with the mindset that it’s being judged as a whole just doesn’t really work, the fights would be different

Bisping beat Jorge Rivera with a cartoonishly blatant illegal strike - he clinched the dudes head while BOTH his knees where on the ground and smashed him with a knee - then proceeded to spit on his corner.

I never rooted for Bisping after that because he was just too dirty.

didnt like bisping after the hamill decision. For the record i think bisping won the fight, but it was super close. Bisping clearly lost the 1st then jabbed and moved his way to outscoring hamill rounds 2 and 3 narrowly. So the decision didnt bug me. But his stupid fucking antics in the cage afterwards did. Bisping was shitting his pants while the scores were being read then when he found out he won he starts yelling for hamill to get the fuck out of the ufc, this mma not wrestling blah blah blah. Shut the fuck up and show respect for barely eeking out a close win and stop acting like you dominated.

agreed. One of my biggest pet peeves is when fighters go to a close decision and then act like they were robbed in a close fight. And then to compound matters by saying "i only fought at 70%" or
whatever bs he claimed...uhm youre fighting for the belt dumbass, how about leave it all out there.

Never liked the idea that Bendo complained about the Cowboy III decision despite getting away with some robberies.

I prefer a judges panel system vice the 3 round point scoring. I like the concept of the fighter closer to finishing and inflicting more damage to his opponent should be the winner accordingly.

There's a big difference between let's say Joe Lauzon getting the nod against Marcin Held and afterwards saying that decisión was wrong and his opponent should've won, and someone like Bisping or Diego Sánchez, celebrating and exhultant after a straight out robbery. You see Lauzon being humble and realistic and he gets your respect, you see Bisping and you think he is a delusional prick without any self-awareness so...
Yeah, my pick would be Bisping

Machida vs Shogun 1. It was more his fan base than Machida himself. I haven't disliked a fighter for getting a gift decision since though cause it's not the fighter's fault when the judges suck.

Back