Should Conor bother coming back to UFC? I feel like it’s so below him at this point in his life.

holy fuckin shit, people are retarded

if you believe one word of this you shouldnt be anywhere near the sport LOL
LOL “I’m an armchair Conor nuthugger and you offended me! Holy shit you are right and it bothers me so much because for whatever reason I have to try and live vicariously through someone who wouldn’t even be my friend if we ever met! LOL!”

View attachment 485973
The man is worth over $100 million close to $200 million. His Proper Twelve is literally sold out everywhere, the stores can’t keep it on the shelves.

The obvious reason for him coming back at this point is to avenge the loss to the rat. But it’s like, why even bother messing around with people lower than you at this point? Khabib is a good fighter and all, but truth be told, he’s a guy that lives at home with his parents and associates with people with very shady backgrounds, I don’t think Conor should give him the time of day.

To add to that, the loss did nothing to him. With the exception of the Khabib sackriders, everybody else knows Conor loss he was coming off like a 2 year lay-off and faced unimaginable ruckus in the dressing room immediately before the fight caused by the other side.

Conor should focus on doing what he does best - making the $$$, and right now, he can make so much more away from the fight game.
So basically you're saying Khabib was right about McGregor, he only cares about money.

Gotcha.

He's been stopped pretty brutally in 3 of his last 5 fights. At this point he's basically exchanging brain cells for money.

I would have no problem with him retiring young and rich. Now that he isn't holding up any titles or divisions, who cares?

Dude, you haters are really a bit much...first, he didn't take any punishment against khabib...literally none...a submission isn't punishment...and the floyd fight was in a different sport, in which he was never even knocked down...stop with the exaggerations...and what other fight did he take punishment? against nate, a few years back? haha

I'd be most concerned for Conor from a mental side of things. No way he should fight Khabib or any strong wrestler next.

In terms for his 100 million net worth, as long as he doesn't get married and keeps clean enough for endorsement deals I don't see him crashing and burning unless he starts fronting more businesses that are doomed for failure.
His biggest payday ever was May-Mac and he took home less than 30m after everything, I can’t imagine he is worth anywhere near 100m

Dude, you haters are really a bit much...first, he didn't take any punishment against khabib...literally none...a submission isn't punishment...and the floyd fight was in a different sport, in which he was never even knocked down...stop with the exaggerations...and what other fight did he take punishment? against nate, a few years back? haha

He's been brutally stopped in 3 of his last 5. I don't know how else to qualify that statement. You saw the fights or you didn't.

Nate beat the brakes off him then Conor decided to get tapped out instead of TKO'd but you can watch the slow motion gifs of him getting smashed. Of course Floyd beat the dudes brains in the fight had to get called because he was getting his head scrambled.

There is zero doubt he took brain trauma in both of those outings.

Now the Khabib fight, not only did Conor get dropped, he was getting his head dribbled off the canvas for the better part of the second round, a 10-8 because of the beating he took. He didn't get caught in an armbar or some apropos of nothing submission, he was beaten up and decided he need out of there.

It is the height of delusion to say Conor isn't taking brain trauma in these fights he's losing. The point is, he's still young and very rich, it is actually really sensible if he decided to hang it up. Why take more brain trauma when you've already made tens of tens of millions?

Unless you have the takedowns like khabib, conor will simply run through you

Well i mean.... he is 1-1 with fucking Nate Diaz with him being choked out in the first fight and winning a close MD in the second fight. If Nate fucking Diaz gets the better of you, you are not "running through" everyone who doesn't have takedowns like Khabib

View attachment 485973
The man is worth over $100 million close to $200 million. His Proper Twelve is literally sold out everywhere, the stores can’t keep it on the shelves.

The obvious reason for him coming back at this point is to avenge the loss to the rat. But it’s like, why even bother messing around with people lower than you at this point? Khabib is a good fighter and all, but truth be told, he’s a guy that lives at home with his parents and associates with people with very shady backgrounds, I don’t think Conor should give him the time of day.

To add to that, the loss did nothing to him. With the exception of the Khabib sackriders, everybody else knows Conor loss he was coming off like a 2 year lay-off and faced unimaginable ruckus in the dressing room immediately before the fight caused by the other side.

Conor should focus on doing what he does best - making the $$$, and right now, he can make so much more away from the fight game.
True , wealth creation seems to be his focus at this stage in his life

If his heart is no longer in fighting he should retire, but his ego like all true men won't let him

Honestly, if this was acting or even any other sport I'd say sure. But why come back and risk serious damage or brain injury when you are set for life and have a small child and another on the way?

How the fuck is he set for life? He has expensive taste, and FAR richer athletes then Conor have gone broke

Conor can’t compete with top contenders. He truly hit the lotto for his skill set and trash talk. He’s not a top 5 fighter at 144/155 anymore. Thank god he got his $, because he never should have earned anywheres near that based on skill alone.

It required skill what Conor accomplished (great stand up + genius marketing), otherwise every fighter would have done it. Every fighter would have loved to box Mayweather for 100mil, but only Conor had the skills to put himself in that position.

He isnt worth that much, why? Floyd beat him, so the element of surprise is gone, Khabib did too...he is a draw, but he isnt above anything at this point.

How the fuck is he set for life? He has expensive taste, and FAR richer athletes then Conor have gone broke

By that logic no-one is never set for life, because you can always lose all no matter how much money you have. Conor is filthy rich, deal with it.

Well i mean.... he is 1-1 with fucking Nate Diaz with him being choked out in the first fight and winning a close MD in the second fight. If Nate fucking Diaz gets the better of you, you are not "running through" everyone who doesn't have takedowns like Khabib

to beat nate, you have to fight him a certain way...if you try and just stand with him, he'll kill you...guys like benson henderson, fight him using takedowns mixed in with standup...tricky shit..but if you try and have a boxing match with him, he's going to be tough for anyone...but nate isn't very well rounded...but he has the perfect style to always give conor a good fight...not to mention, he can take a great punch and has great cardio...those certain traits will always give conor trouble...

He's been brutally stopped in 3 of his last 5. I don't know how else to qualify that statement. You saw the fights or you didn't.

Nate beat the brakes off him then Conor decided to get tapped out instead of TKO'd but you can watch the slow motion gifs of him getting smashed. Of course Floyd beat the dudes brains in the fight had to get called because he was getting his head scrambled.

There is zero doubt he took brain trauma in both of those outings.

Now the Khabib fight, not only did Conor get dropped, he was getting his head dribbled off the canvas for the better part of the second round, a 10-8 because of the beating he took. He didn't get caught in an armbar or some apropos of nothing submission, he was beaten up and decided he need out of there.

It is the height of delusion to say Conor isn't taking brain trauma in these fights he's losing. The point is, he's still young and very rich, it is actually really sensible if he decided to hang it up. Why take more brain trauma when you've already made tens of tens of millions?

conor was just gassed against floyd..he was never hurt...and guys get hit...doesn't mean it's brain trauma...go watch old fights with Jake Lamotta...the amount of punishment he took was insane..yet he lived till his mid 90s...never showing any signs of brain trauma...so conor has a couple of fights where he takes a few punches, and all of a sudden, snow flakes are crying "brain trauma" haha...boxers used to have hundreds of fights in a career...they'd laugh at these statements about brain trauma...conor has never once been ko'd...he was stunned against nate, but more tired than anything...and against khabib, that was a flash knockdown, where conor never even really went down...his back never touched the ground...

Makes a big diff for sure... sitting out drinking and partying vs training cardio and being ready will have big factors in fighting ...
I mean just skipping the gym for 2 weeks you’ll notice your lifts will go down tremendously

depends if you're over training or not..and your lifts will not go down after only 2 weeks..if they do, it will only be very very little. how come nate didn't do better in the rematch?

depends if you're over training or not..and your lifts will not go down after only 2 weeks..if they do, it will only be very very little. how come nate didn't do better in the rematch?
He didn’t train from what he said.
Also why would he want to win? He takes a L he gets ANOTHER massive pay day

He prob just went into it thinking ahh F it. Win I win... lose I win more $

And yes weights go down a lot. I use to wrestle. Take a few weeks off , you take a few steps back easily.

Back