Social Atheist BC parents awarded $12k after child barred from pre-school

Christmas is fun as fuck. Your kid doesn't have to believe in the message that Christians cling to. I wonder if these parents make their kid wear a fedora and trench coat to preschool.

"Come along now little Goku, we're not to be late for weekly Dr. Who cosplay fellowship"

Retarded parents fuck em.
Signed an former jew turned agnostic.

I had no issues with christmas, preferred it over 8 nights of dumb as a kid.

"I want my kid to go to this school, with all these other kids. But you're not allowed to say things that the other kids love to hear, but we don't want my kid to hear"

It's gonna be an uphill battle to shelter your kid from anything Xmas related. And who really thinks of Xmas as a religious holiday these days.

This is ridiculous

The Jesus christ birth story wasn't pushed on the kid, he was just around the secular and capitalist Christmas decorations???
Yeah the dad was mad at Christmas decorations, secular ones at that

LOL@ "human rights tribunal". Oh, it's Toronto...

I'm all for keeping religion out of schools, I just don't know how you would keep the excitment bout Christmas and santa out of a pre school.

I went to school with an Atheist and they still celebrated the holidays. Just not as in the sense of Chanukah and Baby Jesus.

Last edited:
Human rights tribunal is a travesty.

Those parents weren't being reasonable, their demands and suggestion were ridiculous and obviously meant to pick up a fight. I'm sure the kid was more than welcome there they just wanted to get rid of the parents.

Non-religious, secular people are usually more sane than "atheists".

I have never felt the need to replace silly, superstitious traditions with any of my own.

Atheist are like a pile of shit.

One pile of shit in a room ruins it for everyone.

Go fuck yourselves Atheist.

As an atheist we shouldn't be able to hijack other peoples religious holidays. If you don't want your child to participate that's fine, but then dont turn around and tell them to make it inclusive for your kid by making skeptic elves....

I hate people like this. I'll never get why people have to destroy everything everyone else has in the name of inclusion.

Back