• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gus vs bones 1. Am i missing something?

Gus cut him by a punch that did not land clean in the very first round. That kept looking worse as the fight went on.

Yes, Gus landed a legal punch which almost ended the fight between rounds 4 and 5. If it wasn't for Big John's begging the ringside doctor would have stopped the fight. Gus was closer to win via stoppage than Jones.

Jon Jones also never tried to back away from the fight. Gus had many moments where he looked worried and scared. In th clinch or when Jones cut him off with better footwork.

Jones looked like a deer in headlights already after the first round.

2nd time watching this fight. This time on mute without rogan in my ear.

Yes one of Jon Jones hardest fight. But still clear that he won it.

Nothing really happens before midway into round 4. Jon Jones find his timing on his elbows. And gets gus in some real trouble..

Round 5 was again close. But again Jon Jones finding a home for his elbows. He could also keep spamming his left head kick at gus. Who had no answer for it. Other then just eating it with a lazy block.

At the end of the last round jon jones lands a nice flying knee.

Gus also gassed midway into the last round..

So Yeah. Close fight. But clear victory to Jones.

And i am a Scandinavian .

first 3 rounds were 50/50, like you said nothing really happened.
4th and 5th rounds were jones.

I also think the fight was overrated in how great it was. I guess the fact that jones was actually having a little bit of trouble is what made it seem better then it actually was.

looking back at it I had jones winning. at the time I had gus

I also think the fight was overrated in how great it was. I guess the fact that jones was actually having a little bit of trouble is what made it seem better then it actually was.
Yeah, I think so too. Watched it yesterday and was thinking it wasn't as good as I remembered.

One of those fights where I had no idea who won and was fine with whatever decision the judges made.

Haven’t seen it since the day it happened, but I had Gus up 4 rounds to 1. Jones did nothing in the first 3 rounds of note, as far as I can recall.

And who cares if you are Scandinavian?
He's trying to act like because he is scandinavian that he isnt bias, but everyone can see he is a Jones nuthugger

Yes, I'm the one triggered by the guy who I thought won the fight actually won the fight.

You decided to chime in and act as though my post regarding it being 13-1 with media outlet play by play scorings was incorrect with several more play by play outlets not listed on mmadecisions. Those weren't even media play by play outlet scorings. How desperate do you have to be?

Lol at your "play by play", like that changes something. More people thought Gus won, doesn't matter what excuses you want to come up with for that.

And I personally didn't even think Gus won, I scored it a draw and have watched it over 5 times in slow motion counting every strike, I probably know better what happened in that fight than any other person on this planet so I couldn't really care less what some play by play guys say. Cheers.

The judges got it totally right, Jones won. 4-1 Jones, but if I was kind I could be persuaded to say 3-2 Jones. Gus gassed and just kept running away in a circle.

He's trying to act like because he is scandinavian that he isnt bias, but everyone can see he is a Jones nuthugger

Scandinavians are the worst white guilt, left-wing SJW nuts on the planet. If a Scandinavian even dreamed of saying Gus won, they’d wake up and apologize.

I think that spinning shit elbow won Jones that fight. I think Gus looked a lot better against Jones than people thought he would, so that would always come into play.

33e0977.jpg

And there were more..

Oh wow, definitely sounds like a list of something that's much better than Sherdoggers.....NOT

Correct on all your points.

1) Gus
2) Jones
3) Gus
4) Jones
5) Jones

easy 48-47. No controversy.

Second round could have gone either way, if I recall. Also, Gus won most of rd 4 before Jones caught with with like 40 seconds left.

First and third were Gus. Fourth and fifth were clearly Jones. All comes down to how you scored round two which was close but IMO belonged to Jones.
THIS, but I'm not as sold on Jones. Begrudgingly I agree....

Lol at your "play by play", like that changes something. More people thought Gus won, doesn't matter what excuses you want to come up with for that.

And I personally didn't even think Gus won, I scored it a draw and have watched it over 5 times in slow motion counting every strike, I probably know better what happened in that fight than any other person on this planet so I couldn't really care less what some play by play guys say.
Cheers.

Lol thanks for that.

Jones only wins if you count kicking someone in the shin with your foot as equal to jabs and crosses to the face.

After rewatching it i noticed one thing. John McCarthy is fuckin biased when it comes to Jones. After Jon poked Gus like 10 times he goes to Gus and says, both of you are sticking your fingers. WTF.

No dog in this fight. Watched it again, sound off and a very, very good argument can be made for Gus winning rounds 1-3.

I'd give Jones the nod in 4 and 5 with 5 being decently close but Jones doing the greater damage in the last.

Again this can be filed under needing to really dominate, finish or sub the defending champion. If its close the champ gets the nod.

I don't have an issue with the official outcome whatsoever.

2nd time watching this fight. This time on mute without rogan in my ear.

Yes one of Jon Jones hardest fight. But still clear that he won it.

Nothing really happens before midway into round 4. Jon Jones find his timing on his elbows. And gets gus in some real trouble..

Round 5 was again close. But again Jon Jones finding a home for his elbows. He could also keep spamming his left head kick at gus. Who had no answer for it. Other then just eating it with a lazy block.

At the end of the last round jon jones lands a nice flying knee.

Gus also gassed midway into the last round..

So Yeah. Close fight. But clear victory to Jones.

And i am a Scandinavian .

I just watched it again this morning.
Had it 3-2 for Gus, with him getting 1,3, & 4.

Gus was also up in headstrikes 88-18 mid way through the 4th.
So the answer is yes, you must be missing something .

Correct on all your points.

1) Gus
2) Jones
3) Gus
4) Jones
5) Jones

easy 48-47. No controversy.
No controversy except for half of MMA fans believing Gus won.
You don't get to dictate what is controversial and what isn't, society as a whole does.

No controversy except for half of MMA fans believing Gus won.
You don't get to dictate what is controversial and what isn't, society as a whole does.

I only said no controversy meaning the people who think Gus won are wrong.

Back