Social Pitbull Attack thread

Can't underestimate how much humans are responsible for the behavior of pit bulls that attack.

Indeed. My sister has a beagle/aussie x, bully and a great pyrenees - last month, the beagle beat the ever living fuk out of the bully and sent her to the hospital. It's about the dog, not the breed, just like with people. Racism is thinking the breed is more important than the content of the individual.

I think I keep posting in this thread because of the paralels with gun ownership, and racism.

So many of the posts attacking pitbulls could be written by a 1940 racist, or a current day gun grabber.

my dog is smelling gamey
What you are saying is dumb. You can't selectively breed in traits that are against a million years of evolution.

It doesn't work like that. We can't breed people to fly, I don't care how many birds you try to fuck.

Here is a good one. We had a pit bull attack a few months ago that resulted in some controversy. A stripper had her loving best friend, who was of course well trained and cared for, get out of its home. Now, I disagree with our city ordinance, but pit bulls have to be registered, have insurance, a six foot fence, have a muzzle leash, and a few other species specific rules. Now this particular dog was not registered, but as I said, it was well trained and cared for. So when it got out, it broke into a neighbor’s residence, busting out though The door and grabbing the this woman’s cat, dragging it outside, and killing it.

Police are called, and when the officer pulls up, gets out of the car, he finds the pit bull eating this cat. The loving animal then comes at the officer because he interrupted its meal, and it was of course, protective of its meal. The officer then backs up but the dog advances, but it only wants to have its belly rubbed. He shoots the dog.

Now, to everyone’s surprise, there are protests and threats against my department and the officer for shooting someone’s fur baby. There were even people who said that the cat owner should have locked her door instead of just having a screen door. There were people in other countries that were threatening to fly here and kill the officer.

The absolute best part of the story, though, came from another victim of police aggression against dogs. In my sixteen plus years as a police officer, my department has been involved in four dog shootings. One was a mercy killing at the request of the owner after their poor dog was run over by a car and was clearly dying. Another dog that was shot also drew protests, Facebook pages, threats-basically the usual. That dog was actually banned from the city because it kept escaping and was aggressive and chased people, killed cats, the usual. This dog, as I said, was banned from being within city limits, but the owners did not heed the ruling, and it escaped, killed a cat, then when the officer got out of his vehicle, the dog(a German Shepherd) came off of the porch and came at the officer, growling and barking. He shot and killed the animal, queuing the protests.

Now, that same officer, was unfortunately, involved in another dog murder, and this is where best part of this story comes in. He got sent to a dog bite call. This dog was a black lab, but the dog had rabies or distemper, I can’t recall exactly. It attacked a crack whore, and bit her leg, dragging her through an alley. The officer shows up, and looks for the dog. The dog then charges him and leaps at him, prompting him to shoot the dog in the head, not killing it outright. The dog runs, but the officer can not find it. The owners find the dog deceased under their porch. I have to use a bad word here, but this truly classy white trash family named their black lab “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.” Now this name will be x’d out, but it is a very derogatory slur for African American that rhymes with chigger.

Now, flash forward ten years to just a few months ago-June 2018. After our officer shoots the burglarizing, cat killing pit bull(did not kill it, not sure if it is still alive st this point) but there are over 1000 Facebook comments about our vicious police officer shooting this dog. The owner of the black lab that had been shot ten years ago, adds her .02 to the conversation, telling the stripper that she is so sorry that an officer shit her dog. She then goes on to say how one of our police officers shot her dog in the head many years before. Of course she leaves out the part about her dog attacking someone, and that it had rabies, but she did add that she still misses and cries over her dog all the time.

Now, maybe i should not have done this, but using my shitbag Facebook account, I replied to her and said “I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Losing a dog is always a life changing event, but to have it shot by police is somehow more traumatic. What was your dog’s name so we can pray for it?” I did not get an answer, but the owner of the German Shepard that was shot also wanted to know so she could add that dog to her Facebook page of dogs murdered by the ******* police department. She did not get a response, either. I guess now I add that the owner of the German Shepard is a black family, and oh, the irony that they want to add the black lab named “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:” to their Facebook page of dogs murdered by police.

Any dog can be crazy regardless of size.

My dog is a mix, pit/boxer/husky.
I would bet 10k right know he's the nicest dog that you will ever meet. However, if he was raised with someone else he might be aggressive.

I've also met dogs 15lbs and under that will attack nonstop.

They are animals, you never know what can set them off.

Once presa's are in the local news every week killing people I will be as concerned about them as I am about pitbulls.

Honestly, if pitbulls are handled properly I don't mind. They should obly be allowed in single family homes with high fences around the entire property and people should sign a waiver that if their pitbull injures or kills someone, the owner is personally charged with the corresponding crime (assault, murder, etc.)

I live in Canada where handguns are restricted, but I can buy as many pitbulls as I want and train them to kill. It's absurd that an inanimate object is restricted but any retard can buy a lethal animal (and they do).

Local news is probably the most skewed source for pitbull attacks. I'm in Toronto and remember the pitbull in Ontario ban well and that stupid AG who led the charge.

I know I'm not going to change anyone's minds, but if you want a good read, The New Yorker did a great article about the Ontario pitbull ban. It was published just around the ban, so its quite old now, but if you want a good balanced read, check it out.

This is the problem with internet karate forums. You oversimplify and then dismiss when you have no answer. You think evry dog that loosk acertain way has a certain/same drive.

For example, read Dogtown, and you'll learn that a lot of Vick's game pitbulls had no interest in fighting, no more dog aggression than other breeds.

Are we talking about fatal or non fatal dog bites. This is always telling in the way Pitbull Defenders attempt to hide the fact that they're Pitbull Defenders.

I've asked you twice to provide any books, studies, webistes etc you rely on to support your arguments, and both times you've provided none and replied by calling me a pitbull defender.

I think I get it. You have an opinion and plan to defend it to the end.

Its like arguing with a southern christian conservative about abortion.

Indeed. My sister has a beagle/aussie x, bully and a great pyrenees - last month, the beagle beat the ever living fuk out of the bully and sent her to the hospital. It's about the dog, not the breed, just like with people. Racism is thinking the breed is more important than the content of the individual.

Odds are a Springer Spaniel will be a better duck hunting dog than a French Bulldog, but not every Spaniel has the same drvie.

I replied to anothe rposter that a German Shepard can be a better retriever than a Golden Retriever, even though the latter was bred for it, and I got a typical sherbor response.

Or over complicating it

It’s honestly really
Cool as a dog liker to see what a pure bred dog do what it was designed to do.

Fair point- its easy to get into the weeds and over complicate dogs, unless one's a dog researcher I guess, which most of us hear are not.

First you say:

This. Years ago my sister bought a lab crisd as a companion and guardian for her two young girls. Within a half hour of playing with the thing I told her to get rid of it. Had major food aggression and dominant issues. I would have ended that thing personally if she didn't take it to the pound. Then she got a Rotty, read up on them diligently and we worked with him on a regular basis. Turned out to be one if the best family dogs you could ever ask for. While breeds do have defining characteristics you absolutely must evaluate individuals on their own merits.

Then you say:

Shiba Inus and Chows are two breeds I'd never own. Too independent and unpredictable. I've known several Shibas that have torn up their owners without provocation. Fuck those things.

This is extremely inconsistent.

I've asked you twice to provide any books, studies, webistes etc you rely on to support your arguments, and both times you've provided none and replied by calling me a pitbull defender.

I think I get it. You have an opinion and plan to defend it to the end.

Its like arguing with a southern christian conservative about abortion.

Dodge noted.

This is the problem with internet karate forums. You oversimplify and then dismiss when you have no answer. You think evry dog that loosk acertain way has a certain/same drive.

For example, read Dogtown, and you'll learn that a lot of Vick's game pitbulls had no interest in fighting, no more dog aggression than other breeds.

Dodge #2 noted.

Fair point- its easy to get into the weeds and over complicate dogs, unless one's a dog researcher I guess, which most of us hear are not.

Sherdog game pitbull is one of the goat debates

Merry Christmas

Sherdog game pitbull is one of the goat debates

Merry Christmas

For sure. I've learned to avoid some of the WR's debates, but this one .... I try but I seem to trigger dudes quickly.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Have you ever answered the question, and I've missed it? Maybe you are trolling, and I'm not getting it?

At least you are open about it.

Dodge #3.

You asked me a question, I asked you a very direct question to define what you were asking and you ran from it like you were on fire. Speaks volumes to your bias.

Dodge #3.

You asked me a question, I asked you a very direct question to define what you were asking and you ran from it like you were on fire. Speaks volumes to your bias.

lol only on sherdog.

I've asked twice: what books, studies, websites etc do you base your opinions on?

You've called me a pitubll defender.

my dad grew up on a farm, they had all sorts of farm dogs and even after that he always had a dog, he is on his 2nd rottweiler now and it is by far his favorite breed/dog ever owned in his 70+ years of life. The only time I've ever seen him visibly shaken was when we had to put the first rotti down a few years ago. He called me up to stop by and say goodbye as I had lived at home after college at the time they got him and my daughter grew up with the dog as my parents watched her 2x a week. Rottis don't seem to get as much of a bad rap and they seem to be less common than pits but people still sort of give you a stink eye when you mention them or when people come over the first time and meet him they get nervous.

I think I keep posting in this thread because of the paralels with gun ownership, and racism.

So many of the posts attacking pitbulls could be written by a 1940 racist, or a current day gun grabber.

Diceky has a chapter in her book Pitbull that correlates the rise of anit-pitbull attitudes in the mainstream medai with the race riots/issues in the US. Its quite fascinating.

Back