Law Colorado Baker (apparently the only one) back in court.

Well to be fair the baker didn't refuse to serve the gay couple, he refused to make a specialty cake for their event.

This is what the difference is to me

They're free to buy anything the baker makes. They're not free to request a product they don't

I'm pretty sure a non religious baker can turn down custom making a cake covered in dicks if they want

Uh those sound like the same thing.
No. It's not.

They could ordered any other cake without their specification and they would have been served just fine. Unless of course you want to argue that there has been a history of that baker refusing to sell typical cakes to gays.

List a statistically significant sample, until then you have nothing of any worth to say whatsoever
The LGBTQ is full of some of the most emotionally unstable and morally bankrupt people that you will find. That is what Jack Phillips is running in to. These depraved minds are hell bent on ruining this guys life.

So let me get this straight, this baker refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding and it's ok with conservatives as it's a private business, however when youtube, another private business, bans Alex Jones for clear ToS violations, it's an egregious offensive and the government should get involved?

As a conservative and a Christian - I think it was a bit of a stretch to claim making the wedding cake infringed on his beliefs. With that said there are literally dozens of other vendors to get a wedding cake or a pink and blue birthday cake.

As for Alex Jones - I've never watched/listened to his show other than what gets posted here and have no idea if he violated ToS, but do you really win the argument by muting others views?

This guy is dumb for not baking the cakes, but the people who go to him when they know he won't bake their cake just to get him in trouble are straight up assholes.

No. It's not.

They could ordered any other cake without their specification and they would have been served just fine. Unless of course you want to argue that there has been a history of that baker refusing to sell typical cakes to gays.

Well you can apply the same logic to the social media ban, since I was responding to a poster who was responding to a comment about the right wing outrage over Alex Jones' banning.

"Alex Jones can talk about any number of different things on his show instead of damaging conspiracy theories, Youtube didn't ban him for talking about NFL fantasy football lineups."

You can't both be in favor of the baker's refusal and against Alex Jones' banning unless you are a massive hypocrite.

This guy is dumb for not baking the cakes, but the people who go to him when they know he won't bake their cake just to get him in trouble are straight up assholes.

100%.

If I were him I'd close down all custom ordering. I make this, this, and this; feel free to choose from any of our delicious baked goods.

This is the case for all German-style bakeries in my area. It's the Italian bakeries that do most if not all of the custom baking.

And, as far as delicious baked goods go:

German >>>> Italian >>>> French

Well you can apply the same logic to the social media ban, since I was responding to a poster who was responding to a comment about the right wing outrage over Alex Jones' banning.

"Alex Jones can talk about any number of different things on his show instead of damaging conspiracy theories, Youtube didn't ban him for talking about NFL fantasy football lineups."

You can't both be in favor of the baker's refusal and against Alex Jones' banning unless you are a massive hypocrite.

Agreed which is why I'm ok with the bannings I don't care how youtube and them run their websites. I'm also ok with not forcing bakers to make cakes they don't want to make.

The LGBTQ is full of some of the most emotionally unstable and morally bankrupt people that you will find. That is what Jack Phillips is running in to. These depraved minds are hell bent on ruining this guys life.

Hm, an opinion again, but no concrete examples that make up a statistically significant sample for hypothesis testing. Will you look at that - still nothing of worth whatsoever. I'm beginning to think you have nothing.

Hm, an opinion again, but no concrete examples
gaymidwestparadejpg_zpse239f00e.jpg

Is there only one fucking bakery in that liberal town? The Denver LGBTQ+RSTLNEUPUPDOWNDOWNLEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTBASTART is coming off as unconceivably petty.
Great. You just gave them 99 lives.

This guy should have the right to refuse to make things if he does not want. Anyone business should be allowed to refuse service to any potential customer.

I like how people keep trying this and attacking this poor man for his beliefs but parrot how we all need to be accepting of everyone. Well let this guy live his life

If you don't approve of the LGBT lifestyle, the militant homosexual movement will try to take everything you have and ruin your life.

Wow, you sound like a pussy that let’s gay guys beat you up

The baker can bake whatever the fuck he wants

Fuck the baker and his stupid religious beliefs, but he is allowed to have them

Find another baker...

Holy shit people are fucking dumb, I guess that's to be expected from a dude that wants his dick chopped off

The baker can bake whatever the fuck he wants

Fuck the baker and his stupid religious beliefs, but he is allowed to have them

Find another baker...

Holy shit people are fucking dumb, I guess that's to be expected from a dude that wants his dick chopped off

<mma4>

I just googled that trans lawyers bio...I guess that's all totally cool and stuff.

One thing I was confused about though is the use of "she". The bio goes on and on about how "she" graduated from usc law and the whole career up to "having recently lived through a period of tremendous personal change"

Ummm... Imo you wanna be a proud trans clown why not pepper that bio with "he" right up until change or whatever?

This person deserves to get relentlessly trolled because of the lawsuit it brought forth. "She" deserves to get clowned by sherdog shoops to bolivian

Uh those sound like the same thing.
Would a gay couple be forced to bake a maga cake? Not sell cakes they have in stock but a creative project? Can actors turn down roles they don’t like? Photographers?

This guy must make a killing being the only baker in that state. Sounds like a career opportunity for some food network aficionado. Or does this bigoted bastard hold some sort of cake making monopoly? Perhaps he's deep in the Cup Cake mafia with backing from the Swedish Chef?

All kidding aside, if you don't want my business I'm happy to take it elsewhere as long as there are alternatives.

Back