Turinabol Metabolite Detection Time: 40-50 Days

But... but.. it's pulsating bro!

Only for nor-testosterones, and then only a single, specific ester.
For one single person, on one specific occasion.
giphy.gif

firstly, thats turinabol, he hasnt tested positive for turinabol, hes tested positive for metabolite m3, very different.

secondly, that site isnt overly reliable
Jones originally tested positive for trace amounts of turinabol and Dan Chaiet (who contributes to the site) is certainly a legit source. The site is "fact based" and is hardly opinionated. Anyone that's actually used gear can attest.

Jones originally tested positive for trace amounts of turinabol .

no, he didnt.

he tested positive for 4-chloro-18-nor-1713-hydroxymethy1,17a-methyl-5a-androst-13-en-3a-ol (M3)

Turinabol is Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone (CDMT) or dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHMT)

He tested positive for a specific long term metabolite, NOT for DHMT

Which is my point, looking on the internet for information on DHMT is not relevant when we are talking about M3

no, he didnt.

he tested positive for 4-chloro-18-nor-1713-hydroxymethy1,17a-methyl-5a-androst-13-en-3a-ol (M3)

Turinabol is Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone (CDMT) or dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHMT)

He tested positive for a specific long term metabolite, NOT for DHMT

Which is my point, looking on the internet for information on DHMT is not relevant when we are talking about M3
It was reported he tested positive for trace amounts of DHCMT, which is what I was quoting.

"According to a report by MMA Junkie (which was corroborated by ESPN’s Brett Okamoto), Jones tested positive for a trace amount of DHCMT"

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...bol-moved-to-california-one-week-out-mma-news

It was reported he tested positive for trace amounts of DHCMT, which is what I was quoting.

"According to a report by MMA Junkie (which was corroborated by ESPN’s Brett Okamoto), Jones tested positive for a trace amount of DHCMT"

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...bol-moved-to-california-one-week-out-mma-news

that report is not accurate.

USADA Statement

“USADA informed the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) on Thursday that a urine sample collected by USADA from Jon Jones in an out-of-competition test session on December 9, 2018 was reported Thursday by the WADA-accredited laboratory in Salt Lake City to contain an extremely low level of 4-chloro-18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl,17α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3α-ol (M3), a metabolite of dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHCMT), or another chlorine-substituted anabolic steroid.

Note, they dont even specify it as a definite metabolite of DHCMT any more because there is a possibility it is a metabolite of other chlorine substituted steroids.

the point is, its important to recognise there is a huge difference between M3 and DHCMT, the analysis methods are different, and a half life or detection window is not transferable from DHCMT to M3 as they are not the same thing. Its a very important distinction (sadly one that most writers on MMA sites are not aware of)

Does GAT protein powder still got it's special "mineral" ??? Trying to buy some for a friend

> Jones ingested Turinabol in the last 40-50 days.
[Flashback, Bernardi on Turinabol]:

Luke Bernardi, owner of Amped Nutrition, appeared on the "Holy Smokes MMA Podcast" to talk about Jones' use of the banned substance turinabol .... Bernardi explained that it would make sense for Jones to use turinabol the day before his rematch ... because the substance can leave the user's system in a short amount of time.

"I know the things that professional athletes use that are in your system very quick and give a competitive advantage. That's what ran through my mind. I know what he was using and sure enough, when after a few days it came out, [USADA] said what they suspected they found. It came to no surprise to me that it was the drug turinabol, also known as T-Bol. Right away that came ad I was like, 'Yup.' That didn't come as a surprise to me because the compound has a very short half-life, meaning the time it takes for half of the drug to be out of your system. Turinabol has a half-lifespan of about 4-6 hours, so in about 8-12 hours it's out of your system. That's where you would think a guy would use something like that to his competitive advantage," Bernardi said.

Bernardi said if Jones were to have taken turinabol, he would likely have taken a higher dosage if he used the banned substance once. Bernardi also said Jones deadlifting heavy weights did raise a red flag for him.

"Right away, what's starts running through your mind is, 'what's he using?' because that's not something you see. You don't see MMA fighters training with weights or deadlifting weights that power lifters use," Bernardi said.
https://www.fightful.com/mma/exclus...urprised-jon-jones-used-turinabol-day-ufc-214

This is of course a rough estimation, but it's still quite telling.

A medical dose of turinabol for males is 5-10mg daily. Let's assume for simplicity that he ingested a single 5mg dose.

Jones tested positive for 60 picograms which equals 0.00000006 mg

The half life of turinabol is 16 hours and it takes ~420 hours or 17.5 days for the 5mg dose to reach 60 picograms.

In other words, the spin that is such an unthinkably infinitesimal amount is misleading given that it can reach such levels in a relatively short period of time after a significant dose.

I used an internet half life calculator for this and plugged in the variables, so please check my work, but given my belt level on Sherdog I'm highly unlikely to be incorrect about such matters.

I think if you take a daily dosage repeatedly it builds up in your cells and you have more than a single 5mg dose in your body. Best not to confused shertards with table cloth math, especially when the forum is swamped with pages of JJ threads already.

I think if you take a daily dosage repeatedly it builds up in your cells and you have more than a single 5mg dose in your body. Best not to confused shertards with table cloth math, especially when the forum is swamped with pages of JJ threads already.
K Noob.

<36>

You should do some research on the difference between the half-life of turinabol and the time frame to detect turinabol metabolites

This is of course a rough estimation, but it's still quite telling.

A medical dose of turinabol for males is 5-10mg daily. Let's assume for simplicity that he ingested a single 5mg dose.

Jones tested positive for 60 picograms which equals 0.00000006 mg

The half life of turinabol is 16 hours and it takes ~420 hours or 17.5 days for the 5mg dose to reach 60 picograms.

In other words, the spin that is such an unthinkably infinitesimal amount is misleading given that it can reach such levels in a relatively short period of time after a significant dose.

I used an internet half life calculator for this and plugged in the variables, so please check my work, but given my belt level on Sherdog I'm highly unlikely to be incorrect about such matters.
You're clearly not a scientist, but the way you wrote this I believe you did your research & google uses data from the smartest scientists in the world.. Well done sir, I must concur with my self-admitted lack of understanding on this :)

Yeah I alluded to that in the OP, but for simplicity I'm actually giving Jones the benefit of the doubt and assuming a single 5mg dose.

He's a silver belt. That's like Steven Segal x10... If he was wrong, his wisdom alters the truth-thus he is correct either way

Back