Men's Watch 2019 Buy List

I don't get people who spend money on generic-looking watches e.g. silver case, white or black face, dark brown strap. If I were to drop big money on a watch, I'd go for something really unique that you don't see every day.

3857764dca10bc9.jpg

ea2369342c4eb218e3ed2519d8f4edc0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

CVDK-Planetarium-Sagittarius-Unique-9891.jpg

2018-10-029.jpg

2df94a44a0532e57e881871bee0d6249_original.jpg

a92fc117ac7b151aad48b93c012bd2d6.jpg

You can get all of these below retail and still with a grey market warranty. I think "AD only" purchases are idiotic.

Tudor Pelagos LHD - approx $3,600 - This model offers a little flair.

Tudor Pelagos 25600 TB Blue - $3,700 - Absolutely beautiful in every way, even in black.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay Chrono - $4,000 - I won't lie, I hate everything about it.

I have one in black, awesome one and done watch. Seriously, has a lot of personality and is a strap monster

I don't get people who spend money on generic-looking watches e.g. silver case, white or black face, dark brown strap. If I were to drop big money on a watch, I'd go for something really unique that you don't see every day.

3857764dca10bc9.jpg

2018-10-029.jpg

All shitters

All shitters
First one is Bovet Amadeo Fleurier Tourbillon Braveheart .

Starts at $560,000 and tops out at $1,000,000. A technical masterpiece, but definitely a lot of watch to take in. lol

I'm picking up the Junghans Meister Chronoscope when I am back in Germany in a few weeks.027_4526-00_front_750x750@2x.png

027_4526_00_Beauty_750x750@2x.jpg

Already picked up an Omega Speedmaster Date (not the moonwatch) this week, in service now.
omega-speedmaster-date-day-date-chronograph-40-mm-date-32128000-l.png

I'd like to make some suggestions.

Victorinox replacement - TImex Scout 40 - If you customize on website, for $75 you can get leather strap and choose case finish and dial color. Better movement, tougher, will last longer.

Seiko Sna411 Replacement - Glycine Men's 3939.18 LB8B Airman Worldtimer - $590, FAR superior movement, build quality, cleaner dial and true Airmen's watch

Citizen NightHawk replacement - Bulova Lunar Pilot 96B258 - $330. Drop that dated Nighthawk for another iconic, but more cleaner and more iconic chronograph. One that went into outerspace

Orient Bambino Replacement - Orient Bambino Open Heart. $195. Same great watch, with a little flair.

Hamilton Jazzmaster Replacement - Frederique Constant 259WR5B6 - $300, An interesting dress watch, with slim casing that gives more curb appeal without looking gaudy.

Glycine is crazy underrated. Great brand, I have an airman as well!

3857764dca10bc9.jpg

2018-10-029.jpg

Yikes. Those are absolutely ugly

That’s interesting. It pretty much is the same re Ferrari, no genuine car lover could claim not to love Ferrari given the history, quality and design. All top drawer.
Why don’t you like Rolex?
Doubling down on the no true scotsman argument huh? The only rolex I like is daytona. I don't like any Ferrari. Also it is a very bad comparison, Ferrari does have very little car history, they have a lot of racing history. All their car relevance is due to their racing pedigree that transpired into their car making. Rolex has legitimate watch relevance obviously. Neither of the two in their respective worlds are the non-plus-ultra and there are other brands to like over these.

I should start wearing a watch again.

Glycine is crazy underrated. Great brand, I have an airman as well!
You have to be careful. Glycine has unfortunately capitalized on their popularity by issuing a ridiculously large number of subpar watches over the last few years. Not every watch they make is quality anymore. The Airmen collection is a mainstay and remains some of their best work.

That’s interesting. It pretty much is the same re Ferrari, no genuine car lover could claim not to love Ferrari given the history, quality and design. All top drawer.
Why don’t you like Rolex?
Post what watches you'd like to buy in 2019. That's what the thread is about. Stop trying to force me into an argument in what's supposed to be a pleasant thread.

I'm picking up the Junghans Meister Chronoscope when I am back in Germany in a few weeks.View attachment 504221

View attachment 504219

Already picked up an Omega Speedmaster Date (not the moonwatch) this week, in service now.
View attachment 504225
Awesome pick!

I love the Junghans Meister collection. The Chronoscope Day Date is a masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.

I also enjoy the Chronoscope Agenda, which is a kind of sophisticated "panda".

Right now, my favorite Junghans is the Meister Driver Chronoscope.

No idea on any additional value. The retail on the site for it is like a grand.

Only thing it has on it is cage number on the back and US Government on the face.

No flag or Army Insignia on it.
It's valuable. Lots of Marathon fans that would pay premium for it. 5 years ago, I'd be begging you to sell it to me right now. lol

With a suit and tie you go classic and have a pocket watch on a chain.

lump of tin on your wrist messes up the whole flow of the cuffs
I’m guessing you don’t wear a suit and tie then

At least I hope you don’t

Hahaha

I’m guessing you don’t wear a suit and tie then

At least I hope you don’t

Hahaha

on the rare occasions i wear a suit, weddings, funerals, and occasional playing, then yes, I would carry a pocket watch as phone would be in the inside pocket

People still wear watches? I just look at my phone

Errrrmm. I wear the suit often and am around people wearing suits. Only 80 year olds and pseudo-eccentric hipsters wear pocket watches.

Awesome pick!

I love the Junghans Meister collection. The Chronoscope Day Date is a masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.

I also enjoy the Chronoscope Agenda, which is a kind of sophisticated "panda".

Right now, my favorite Junghans is the Meister Driver Chronoscope.

Thanks. Oddly enough, both, the Junghans and the Omega have the same movement, ETA 7500.

I like the clean look of the German watch brands. I feel the newer swiss ones are overloaded with stuff nowadays, so the designs are hit and miss for me. Speedmaster and Daytona designs are 60 years old, and those are the ones I like the most.

I also want to pick up a NOMOS or a very similar one (Stowa makes similar designs, as do others):
1204-minimatik-champagner-2d-front-masked.jpg
nomos-tangente-neomatik-39-silvercut.jpg

But the year is no 2 weeks old and I have spent $3,500 on watches already -_- so we'll see.

on the rare occasions i drive a car, weddings, funerals, and occasional playing, then yes, I would ride a penny farthing

People still wear suits and ties? I just wear sweatpants and hoodies everywhere.

Ironically the chronology of this thread is all fucked up.

I'm wearing this one - I like that it's made of wood which is unusual...

99d41f7bce94008c0faa5c7fc3e609c8.jpg

I have 6 watches, these two are what I wear with suits.
AP royal oak automatic
audemars-piguet-royal-oak-silver-dial-stainless-steel-automatic-mens-watch-15400stoo1220st02-15400stoo1220st02.jpg

Citizen Promaster Diver 3740
%24T2eC16JHJH0FG1!sErSHBRvfhGHhww~~60_57.JPG

This one is sentimental because it's a gift from my father for my high school graduation. I had only needed to do a major maintenance once in the 18 years I've owned it.

People still wear suits and ties? I just wear sweatpants and hoodies everywhere.

It may not be true, but the implication of your statement is that you are living a very solitary life and do not participate in many important social activities of note. And that you have not evolve much past being a high schooler. I am at an age where I wear suit mostly to attend weddings and important business functions/meetings.

Last edited:
It may not be true, but the implication of your statement is that you are living a very solitary life and do not participate in many important social activities of note. And that you have not evolve much past being a high schooler. I am at an age where I wear suit mostly to attend weddings and important business functions/meetings.

I was being sarcastic.

Back