Who's actually gonna buy ESPN+ just to watch the UFC?

Fight Pass is a geed thing should they dilute it for this venture I'll cancel

will they only have the fights live or can we watch it at a later time?

FIGHT PASS
Catalogue
Over a dozen other different fighting companies (including boxing) putting on events
UFC original programming

If you are stateside & that is worth it to you then keep it

I'm just in it for the live UFC events

I already pay for cable and netflix, and considering how many weak cards the UFC has been putting out, i'm not inclined to pay for another viewing service.

New Thread Title: How poor are you?
Haha, pretty much. It's 5 bucks, you have to work 10 minutes a month to pay for it and there will be a shit load of events. Seems pretty reasonable to me but they should eventually eliminate the PPV's too and move them on to ESPN.

I think I’ll give it a try but still not sold on it yet.

I’ve heard a lot of people say that there’s going to be some sort of bundle discount to get ESPN+ and fight pass together. Has anybody actually seen this officially anywhere? I have been unable to find where to do it....

i just did the year sub 10mins ago. tired of blurry links etc.

I'm just in it for the live UFC events
As am I. No interest in the rest of it. I like going back and watching some old stuff, but damn. Who needs FP if all the content is available for cheaper?

I think FP has some PPV prelims, but that’s not worth $10 a month.

I’ve heard a lot of people say that there’s going to be some sort of bundle discount to get ESPN+ and fight pass together. Has anybody actually seen this officially anywhere? I have been unable to find where to do it....

That was never reported by anybody credible
I think one guy tweeted & SD ran with it

Nobody reputable did.
I was waiting to see & even personally asked a few (Meltzer & Helwani)
I guess you’re right. I cancelled Fight Pass. I had the year package though for $100. Got rid of it once I saw I was charged.

I’m conflicted over it. I’m already tired of paying for all these different subscription services, nickel and dime charges that all add up very fast.

UFC already has Fight Pass, a well established platform. It’s ridiculous for them to now have their events broadcast on a different platform (another paid subscription, no less) simply because of money. “Hey, fuck all these schmucks paying for a service we never really delivered on, amirite?”

I guess you’re right. I cancelled Fight Pass. I had the year package though for $100. Got rid of it once I saw I was charged.

I tried to find the first post that mentioned it
It was one tweet that someone was taking a stab at guessing
It might not even have been an MMA journalist but a Twitter nu-media type that guesses

A member posted it & I remember explaining that doing that is tough because they are different entities.
No way ESPN would make up the FP loss in revenue when they are over-paying for UFC (they will need about 3.5m UFC only subs to break even lol) & we know UFC/WME won't discount unless forced to.

So I asked around & nobody heard that & then nothing was ever mentioned except on here sadly

I’m conflicted over it. I’m already tired of paying for all these different subscription services, nickel and dime charges that all add up very fast.

UFC already has Fight Pass, a well established platform. It’s ridiculous for them to now have their events broadcast on a different platform (another paid subscription, no less) simply because of money. “Hey, fuck all these schmucks paying for a service we never really delivered on, amirite?”

ESPN+ is paying UFC an average of $150m per just for US
Fight Pass brought in about $35-40m a year worldwide before expenses for all the promotions they carry, etc.

It was a no-brainer

I signed up for the free trial last weekend to see the FA cup. Good quality stream, I can see ESPN FC again, they have quite a bit of UFC content available already....I'll be keeping it. Looking at cutting FIOS soon, somehow..

ESPN+ is paying UFC an average of $150m per just for US
Fight Pass brought in about $35-40m a year worldwide before expenses for all the promotions they carry, etc.

It was a no-brainer

Maybe, but that doesn’t mean that I, as a loyal paying customer since the early days of FP, have to be happy about it, especially considering they never delivered on exclusive FP only events.

As of right now, their live events are down the tube. Invicta and Pancrase for mma. I’ll pass on the grappling events.

The overlords at WME are really living up to bad stereotypes that I won’t name.

Back