Who's actually gonna buy ESPN+ just to watch the UFC?

I've been on it for boxing and hockey already so them adding the UFC to the mix is just a bonus.

I’m getting it but it seems like a short term money grab that will hurt the future

Maybe, but that doesn’t mean that I, as a loyal paying customer since the early days of FP, have to be happy about it, especially considering they never delivered on exclusive FP only events.

As of right now, their live events are down the tube. Invicta and Pancrase for mma. I’ll pass on the grappling events.

The overlords at WME are really living up to bad stereotypes that I won’t name.

I get why you don't like it to an extent, but anybody (stereotyped or not) would be a complete dope not to take that deal.
But now you can watch the live fights for $4.99 instead of $9.99

I get why you don't like it to an extent, but anybody (stereotyped or not) would be a complete dope not to take that deal.
But now you can watch the live fights for $4.99 instead of $9.99
No, I now have to pay an additional $4.99 to watch UFC, while still paying $9.99 to watch Invicta Avery 2nd month, and have access to older fights that I still love to watch.

Also, ppv prelims are still on Fight Pass.

No, I now have to pay an additional $4.99 to watch UFC, while still paying $9.99 to watch Invicta Avery 2nd month, and have access to older fights that I still love to watch.

Also, ppv prelims are still on Fight Pass.

The last part is not true.
PPV prelims are on ESPN cable with early prelims on +

The last part is not true.
PPV prelims are on ESPN cable with early prelims on +
Next event still has early prelims on FP.

Again, another gripe. Three different ways required to watch a single event. That’s for another thread, though.

Next event still has early prelims on FP.

Again, another gripe. Three different ways required to watch a single event. That’s for another thread, though.

Not true
Next event has early prelims & main on ESPN+
prelims on ESPN

Still on the fence.
LOL, why? They’ve got us by the balls. It’s $50 to watch the product for the year. It would be easier not to pay it, but damn. It’s less than one video game. For a year of fights. It’s such a pain in the ass to stream EVERYTHING for a year!

LOL, why? They’ve got us by the balls. It’s $50 to watch the product for the year. It would be easier not to pay it, but damn. It’s less than one video game. For a year of fights. It’s such a pain in the ass to stream EVERYTHING for a year!
I have a family, house payments, water bill, electric bill, DISH bill, computer bill and garbage bill each month. Never mind the groceries and whatever else happens in each month. I want to but I'm not exactly rolling in the dough.

I will.
And I'll also have Fight Pass just to watch Invicta FC.

I have a family, house payments, water bill, electric bill, DISH bill, computer bill and garbage bill each month. Never mind the groceries and whatever else happens in each month. I want to but I'm not exactly rolling in the dough.

I hear & respect that.

I haven't yet, but I will this week. $60 per year is nothing.

It will cost a bit more to add ESPN though. I was actually looking at DirectTV Now. They might have the best deal now. Their $40/mo package has ESPN, AXS, NBCSN, and even Paramount though I have DAZN for htat.. So you're covered with all the orgs and that's probably the cheapest deal there is out there.

How long have you had DirectTV? I just called to renegotiate my bill and got it down to $43 which includes Showtime. That will last for 12 months. He basically gave me a $50 loyalty discount per month which was available. This was late last week. I'd give it a shot.

And to answer your question, yes, I am going to get ESPN+.

Depends on your service. I have boxes in 4 rooms and every channel, so mine is around $145 (with something like $70 in discounts per month). Showtime is all right, but what television I do watch is generally spread across the movie channels, so I want them all.

I haven't yet, but I will this week. $60 per year is nothing.

It will cost a bit more to add ESPN though. I was actually looking at DirectTV Now. They might have the best deal now. Their $40/mo package has ESPN, AXS, NBCSN, and even Paramount though I have DAZN for htat.. So you're covered with all the orgs and that's probably the cheapest deal there is out there.

DirecTV has great opening offers. The price will of course skyrocket after 12-18 months, so you need to be prepared to call them every year, go straight to the customer loyalty department, and tell them you aren't going to pay more than XX dollars.

Why not just support the sport you supposedly love? That's hardly breaking the bank lol. I keep BT sport in the UK solely for the UFC.

DirecTV has great opening offers. The price will of course skyrocket after 12-18 months, so you need to be prepared to call them every year, go straight to the customer loyalty department, and tell them you aren't going to pay more than XX dollars.
I meant the IPTV service. It is just standard $40/mo. Of course it could go up, but to stay competitive with the others, probably not too quickly.

I'm not rich or wealthy or even upper middle class but my god crowing about 5 goddamn dollars a month is insane. Its 5 dollars.

So basically it isn't included in the basic sports package? Fuck

Back