• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pulled my grandfather out of 1990, and showed him today, he wouldn't even recognize his country. The change we've seen in the last 11 years is insane.

I don't think Obama had anything to do with it really. But about 11 years ago, around the time he became president there was the start of Smartphones and people having access to the internet basically 24/7.

I think that is by far the biggest factor in these situations.

I checked into this thread a couple times Sunday and Yesterday. Just as the first 2 days when the story first broke and libtards were spamming the story, calling for social justice... Now for the last 2-3 days, conservatards have been doing the exact opposite, forming their own group think and hatred of the left.

There are lots of examples of it frenzy starting on the right and swinging to the left as well.

It is sad, but true. Fact is, from the moment you wake up and take a shit (I hope everyone here has regular functioning bowels), most people have their phone. I was camping last Friday and all of Saturday, so I missed this thread when it started, but now it is the same conservative posters posting the exact same things over and over. Just as an example, how many times have you posted in this thread? Not a criticism or anything, just an observation.

Bottom line is before 2008ish (coincidentally when Obama became president)... use of the internet was far different. Back then you could only use it on a computer, and a computer took a couple minutes to even start up usually. Then you had to log on, etc. Then you stopped using it when you got up from your computer.

Now people are constantly exposed to things that irritate them, and stay immersed in that frenzy. It is making people sick. Exposing yourself to a thread/topic/story like this is mental cancer. If you know about cognitive dissonance, it plays a huge factor here. For people to really justify talking, posting, reading about these things so much, they have to internally rationalize its importance for the time given to it, and the outcry.

And because people are constantly connected, able to view videos/comments, retweet/repost them, things can go viral. Viral is a funny word that we decided to use, because it basically means virus. Very appropriate.

I don't think Obama had anything to do with it really. But about 11 years ago, around the time he became president there was the start of Smartphones and people having access to the internet basically 24/7.

I think that is by far the biggest factor in these situations.

I checked into this thread a couple times Sunday and Yesterday. Just as the first 2 days when the story first broke and libtards were spamming the story, calling for social justice... Now for the last 2-3 days, conservatards have been doing the exact opposite, forming their own group think and hatred of the left.

There are lots of examples of it frenzy starting on the right and swinging to the left as well.

It is sad, but true. Fact is, from the moment you wake up and take a shit (I hope everyone here has regular functioning bowels), most people have their phone. I was camping last Friday and all of Saturday, so I missed this thread when it started, but now it is the same conservative posters posting the exact same things over and over. Just as an example, how many times have you posted in this thread? Not a criticism or anything, just an observation.

Bottom line is before 2008ish (coincidentally when Obama became president)... use of the internet was far different. Back then you could only use it on a computer, and a computer took a couple minutes to even start up usually. Then you had to log on, etc. Then you stopped using it when you got up from your computer.

Now people are constantly exposed to things that irritate them, and stay immersed in that frenzy. It is making people sick. Exposing yourself to a thread/topic/story like this is mental cancer. If you know about cognitive dissonance, it plays a huge factor here. For people to really justify talking, posting, reading about these things so much, they have to internally rationalize its importance for the time given to it, and the outcry.

And because people are constantly connected, able to view videos/comments, retweet/repost them, things can go viral. Viral is a funny word that we decided to use, because it basically means virus. Very appropriate.
Sorry, but smartphones are not the cause of Cultural Marxism and Social Justice. There had to be an highly influential leader pushing for it (which was Obama). Along with the mainstream media.

Fishiness like, IDK, Russian bots fomenting dissent with inflammatory garbage

addtext-com-MDgz-OTQw-MTMy-Mj-Q-2.jpg

now they are using a 7 sec clip from some girl that claims these boys were screaming at her, these mentally ill cnts just can't let it go! so what if they were? she prolly started filming after provoking them for wearing the maga hats
Lol, I've seen that.

No way that girl will post the whole exchange she had with the MAGA boys.

Little shithead. Anyhow, far from the best staredown ever.

NaughtyTemptingKatydid-small.gif

Incidentally, probably the most skilled boxing match in history.

Technical Warfare.

Is that James Toney before pizza?

Hey so the school is locked down with police today. Barricades and spike strips. One other school had to close.

Good job fuck faces!!!

Lol, I've seen that.

No way that girl will post the whole exchange she had with the MAGA boys.

Yeah, I highly doubt they started screaming shit at some random white girl for no reason. You know damn well some shit was said by her before the video started.

By the way, it turns out that she is quite the racist. And while yoga pants are hot, some girls shoudln't be wearing them.

How would I have handle it?
When the stupid black Israelite fucks started there trolling I’d laughed and walked away(like 99 percent of New Yorkers do everyday).

Second as an adult,if I were chaperone of a school trip ,I’d have immediately pulled every one of those kids back to bus or away from situation,not add and aid there infantile behavior.

Third I’m an independent that dislikes dems just as much as Republicans. So the whole liberal outrage shtick doesn’t work on me.

Fourth... I’d said the same thing if they were wearing Hillary hats because unlike you guys I actually have respect for
A) war memorials/cemetery’s
B) veterans
And
C) myself.

This was a case of dumbass kids doing dumb shit being egged on by dumb adults. They are wearing trump costumes so is it any wonder it’s gonna painted as a political thing?

Chad,aspen,Dakota and tucker didn’t think this through and now they’ve further helped the lame game perpetuate for another news cycle.

What every person in this thread should be doing wether lefty or righty ,is calling out these kids for being disrespectful shitheads.

I definitely agree everyone involved didn't handle this well at all . . . when was the last time you attended a high school sporting event? A lot of this behavior is pretty common at them.

Yeah, I highly doubt they started screaming shit at some random white girl for no reason. You know damn well some shit was said by her before the video started.

By the way, it turns out that she is quite the racist. And while yoga pants are hot, some girls shoudln't be wearing them.
I mean people just fell for this type of claim and it was in this story. You just gotta beleive I guess

I'm trying to remember the specifics of how Milo got banned from Twitter. Did he call on his followers to harass Leslie Jones? Because we've now seen numerous verified users, journalists from major corporate media outlets as well as Hollywood celebrities, calling for high school kids to be doxxed and in some cases it even seems that they're encouraging violence against these kids. How is this allowed?

School is cancelled today due to threats from Leftists.

That chunky girl in the yoga pants that uploaded that video is going to learn a valuable lesson.

If you are going to post a video that you are anticipating will go viral, make sure that you clean up all of the racist posts you made from your twitter feed.

SilentInfiniteInchworm-max-1mb.gif

Seeing this and other posts of them yelling at girls that day makes me think going to an all boys catholic school probably sucks. These are teenage boys attending a pro-life rally for fuck sake. They’re just bottled up boys being jerks.

It's funny how a group of teenage boys behave when there are dozens of them together . . . I'm not sure why people are so shocked at how they acted.

Where is the boycott Disney for the producer that called for killing all MAGA kids?

It's funny how a group of teenage boys behave when there are dozens of them together . . . I'm not sure why people are so shocked at how they acted.
We can only pray that more one sided clips after TDS affected loonie tunes taunt them.

“O...M...G... those privileged whites, with the smiles on their face. They are dancing imitating dancing on the graves of natives. Look at those smug faces...OMG. Those smug faces are because they want all non whites dead. And that one, over there, he blinked, mimicking all those of color who have suffered under the white man. Racists!!!! “

This thread is still going strong I see. I was busy this weekend, but got like 20 new notifications yesterday. Some were reasonable, some were ridiculous.

I updated the OP with my opinion on the matter. I do not have the ability to modify the title of the thread, but the mods checked the title and said it was accurate.

Unless the guy is not a veteran, I still believe it's accurate, and it appears that most posters from both sides of the aisle have agreed that the kids were mocking and disrespectful, even while defending the kids. But to give the thread a more rounded feel I can ask for the title to be changed. That way everybody can come in fresh and come to a sensible conclusion.

@Lead can we change the title to: Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips?

Nobody really seems to care what anybody else is saying. They have been rabid for several days now, on both sides. Obviously the Twitter crowd is the most insane, and the calls to violence or naming the kids is just crazy. But even the posters criticizing Twitter on this board have been going overboard for days. They began to paint the old man as some sort of intimidator from an Indian terrorist group almost immediately. As if an elderly man with a drum singing a song could possibly be interpreted as a threatening action.

In the end, I didn't see the old man do anything wrong at all, not in the least. I saw some kids being rude and disrespectful to an old frail guy, which does not sit well with me. I lean towards respecting your elders. But hey, in this thread a poster told me that respecting elders was "1920s farm culture" and to "get in my time machine" if I care about those values. That post of his was liked by a handful of the guys in this thread. Weird.

Now, like I've said a bunch of times, that does not mean the kids should be being attacked the way they are. What has transpired is just ridiculous, and in some cases disturbing. Hey, I was also insulted by right wing posters by calling the response "disturbing" Lol.

Here is that post:

Click that post, and look at the posters who "liked" that. Aren't those all the same guys freaking out about Twitter comments? Then ask yourself since when is it not disturbing to threaten kids? Since when is it only "1920s famers" who respect old people?

So a lot of the, "How dare you!" posts in this thread ring pretty hallow to me, to say the least. I think they are more interested in insults than anything else.
You are officially in the batshit crazy category with the rest of em after spewing this disingenuous nonsense.

Serious question. Why would someine wear make america great again and what time do they refer to. I believe trump campaign started maga slogan cause its catchy. But racists have attached themselves to it.

1. When did america stop being great?
2. When was is great?

I'm sure there's an answer to this question somewhere on here from like 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back