News Metabolite found in Jon Jones’ UFC 232 VADA test results

Umm trace amounts remain from larger amounts prior or the masking failing to hide 100%.

No one thinks any athlete just takes trace amounts of these things.
How do you know how much was in his system if you admit all they've found is a trace amount?
Athletes take trace amounts by accident while taking supplements. That's often how it gets in there

How do you know how much was in his system if you admit all they've found is a trace amount?
Athletes take trace amounts by accident while taking supplements. That's often how it gets in there
HOw much is irrelevant. What is relevant is that it was enough to elevate his performance thus why he was taking it, again.

That is why suspensions can usually be based on the very presence of certain items and not the quantity.

HOw much is irrelevant. What is relevant is that it was enough to elevate his performance thus why he was taking it, again.

That is why suspensions can usually be based on the very presence of certain items and not the quantity.
Quit acting like you know shit you don't, you're talking out of your ass. We don't know to what degree that small an amount of steroids does to performance. And how is the amount not relevant? Are you trolling or just an idiot?

Quit acting like you know shit you don't, you're talking out of your ass. We don't know to what degree that small an amount of steroids does to performance. And how is the amount not relevant? Are you trolling or just an idiot?
How have you been, Jon?

At no point has it ever mattered how much was in your system, or whether that amount could be determined to have "performance enhancing value." For every single fighter, up until Jon Jones, it was simply: Is this in your system? If yes, here is a suspension.

At no point has it ever mattered how much was in your system, or whether that amount could be determined to have "performance enhancing value." For every single fighter, up until Jon Jones, it was simply: Is this in your system? If yes, here is a suspension.

It's as simple as this.

Personally, I'm glad they've brought some nuance and context to the situation instead of it being a black-and-white issue. Sure that should have happened before Jon Jones, but Jones is the guy with enough talent/drawing power for them to do that. It may be special treatment for right now, but it's progression in my book

Trace amount. Next to nothing. Quit crying losers. You're acting like he injected bull semen directly into his glutes. He didn't, get over it

Injected?

He took the steroids orally....... so it'd be more like we think he drank the bull semen.

maybe he has some dirty bags of blood, which get mixed with his own blood and that's why you get those pingpong results

Andy Foster is intentionally misleading people about what a doping violation is. This isn't the same violation. Taking steroids isn't the violation, testing positive is the violation.

If you test positive, then test negative, then you arent tested for 7 months, then you test negative again, every subsequent positive test is a NEW doping violation.

They keep misleading people about "double jeopardy" and "new reingestion" which are not relevant here.

Now how creditable is USADA that it didn’t find anything...
drug metabolites in very small amounts isn't necessarily present in the blood and urine at all times, doesn't mean its not in his body. if i don't see my neighbour in the window doesn't mean he isn't home. that's true for drug metabolites in general, don't really have an opinion on his specific case

lol. the science is clear?? no, it's not at all and you know this.
Hey Kenny, since you keep posting here and bringing up excuses for Jon...

How about that Grant Dawson case you keep bringing up, comparing it to this shit show. Two questions that I hope you can answer. What did he test positive for? Why did they drop his case, why was he cleared?

Thanks again.

you are attempting to rationalize something in which you don’t have the proper background and training to analyze. You don’t know. I at least say that I don’t know. I don’t go around the Internet looking for little tidbits of information and then claim that I am somehow informed enough to say What is being explained is complete bullshit. That this is somehow corrupt and wrong.. This is a very complex scientific drug testing. They are trying to explain it the best they can to people that have no clue what they are talking about.

what little tidbits of information? show me peer reviewed scientific research that supports their narrative and i'll accept it as well.

lawlor got 2 years for picograms of ostarine, which isn't even a steroid. it was his first offense. jones was literally caught cheating for the third time, and they're blowing smoke up everyone's ass trying to explain that he was only caught with very small amounts. they're saying it couldn't affect his performance because it was such a small amount, as if the only way to improve performance is to have performance enhancing drugs in your system while you compete. that's not how steroids work, for fuck's sake. this isn't anything new, it's common knowledge and anyone with even a shred of common sense understands this.

i have no issue with them explaining it in layman terms, as long as they're consistent. they aren't. the threshold for everyone is an absolute zero, they deal with them professionally and hand the athlete a suspension. plenty of people have been thrown under the bus for absurdly low amounts of PEDs in their system, and rightfully so. you don't get to roid a little. these metabolites don't accidentally appear in your system.

no one here is saying that the testing system isn't complex, no one is even disputing the testing. what we're disputing is how the test results are handled, and that's not complex at all. a fighter fails a PED screening, they are cheating and should not be allowed to compete. none of this salty olympic pools horseshit.

but most importantly, even if magically pulsing steroids really were a thing, he still shouldn't be licensed to fight. he took them the first time, and if the shit stays in his system for ever, it's his problem. you don't hand a cheater a life-long exemption from the rules because he took something that lingers in his fat (lol) forever. he cheated, he should be forced to accept the full consequences of his cheating. the fact that this needs to be explained to people makes my head hurt.

lol.

why are they (people outside the ufc) lying for jon jones?

which people exactly? do i need to know their motives in order to know that what they're saying makes no sense?

if someone tells you fire isn't hot, you don't need to analyze why they're lying in order to know that they're full of it.

Back