News Metabolite found in Jon Jones’ UFC 232 VADA test results

So now with both WADA(usada) and VADA.. (just NSAC left then.) But I thought VADAs labs didnt test for that.

I have no idea why CSAC felt the need to do VADA.

edit:

So they used the same lab as USADA.. big need to do it then.
e2: So now he has failed for it "in competition" as well..
So now with both WADA(usada) and VADA.. (just NSAC left then.) But I thought VADAs labs didnt test for that.

I have no idea why CSAC felt the need to do VADA.

edit:

So they used the same lab as USADA.. big need to do it then.
e2: So now he has failed for it "in competition" as well..

USADA surely used laboratory of SMRTL, which is an affiliate of USADA and was founded by USADA and NFL, but VADA maybe did not use the same.

What's the point of even testing anyway? Theyve already shown that they aren't going to do anything anymore
Technically, if Jones tests positive for other PEDs or turinabol metabolites to an amount that is big enough to convince USADA and UFC that Jones has retaken turinabols, he would be suspended again.

You know all the answers

He’s a better question
Do we have any conclusive proof to suggest Jones was cheating at 232?
We do not have to. The rule for atheletes, maybe not Jones, is that they are responsible to prove that they did not take at all or did not take intentionally PEDs if they test positive. positive test results are already competent evidence if atheletes cannot prove their innocence.

Last edited:
Zero, because Nate Schmidt was suspended for 20 games due to 1 picogram/ml.
But nobody gives a flying fuck about 'Nate Schmidt' do they? There's your difference. And I still say it's a good thing, and their careful and fair handling of his case should be extrapolated to use in other fighters' cases. Everyone benefits from a more nuanced and understanding USADA, including us fans

If I were a scientist creating PEDs, I'd be scrambling to make one with long-lasting effects.

In theory, under these rules, if there were a permanent steroid, someone could get suspended for it once and then reap the benefits for the rest of their career.

Jon tested positive for metabolites only, not turinabol in its original form. So if you were to use this "loophole", you'd have to make sure that the steroid has broken down to metabolites every time USADA knocks on the door. With random testing, biological passports and everything else you'd have to be a genius chemist to know how to do that.

Does Jones has an TUE for those metabolites?

But nobody gives a flying fuck about 'Nate Schmidt' do they? There's your difference. And I still say it's a good thing, and their careful and fair handling of his case should be extrapolated to use in other fighters' cases. Everyone benefits from a more nuanced and understanding USADA, including us fans
Maybe only super-star fighters, such as Lesnar and Jones, get protected by UFC and USADA. Lesnar was the only victim of a "technical issue" of USADA database, which led to a missing sample, and Jones could blame a "pulsing effect" for all of his positive test results.

Last edited:
The threshold is zero picograms though. Zero.
The threshold is not zero, it an amount that is below LOD. He could have 100 femtagrams/ml (which is not zero)and this most likely would not be detectable by current test methods

So according to the tests, Jon Jones had MORE turinabol in his system come fight-time than he did in that last, failed December 10th test.

And apparently, turinabol, which stays in your system for a maximum of 6 weeks, magically stays in Jones' system for 17+ months, and any time he tests positive for it in the future, they will simply shrug their shoulders and say "residual amounts!"

Absolutely pathetic, mind-boggling levels of corruption and lying.

Though we know that the half life of turinabol is 16 days, USADA trys to convince us that there is a pulsing effect which makes metabolites disappear and reappear, although there is not a case to support that the said pulsing effect really exists for turinabol.

Maybe only super-star fighters, such as Lesnar and Jones, get protected by UFC and USADA. Lesnar was the only victim of a "technical issue" of USADA database, which led to a missing sample, and Jones could blame a "pulsing effect" for all of his negative test results.
We do not have to. The rule for atheletes, maybe not Jones, is that they are responsible to prove that they did not take at all or did not take intentionally PEDs if they test positive. Negative test results are already competent evidence if atheletes cannot prove their innocence.
3cpAS6L.jpg

Though we know that the half life of turinabol is 16 days, USADA trys to convince us that there is a pulsing effect which makes metabolites disappear and reappear, although there is not a case to support that the said pulsing effect really exists for turinabol.
Its not turinabol, so 1/2 lifes are irrelevant. Its the long term metabolite M3

Back