If an intellectually sound argument against Fedor exist,

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
regards to him being one of, if not the greatest of all time, as you may think, yes you.

Then, following people are incorrect in their assessment of Fedor's ability

Mike Tyson
Chuck Norris
Anderson Silva
Georges St Pierre
Cain Velasquez
Daniel Cormier
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Demietrious Johnson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Bj Penn
Randy Couture
Lyoto Machida
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Rampage Jackson
Josh Barnett
Luke Rockhold
Tim Kenndey
Crocop
Big Nog
Shogun
Jake Shields
Gunnar Nelson
Firas Zahabi
Greg Jackson

But they are't. Thus you are wrong. So what you think is a rational argument against Fedor, is just ignorant bias. So stfu.

Goat.

Or 1A/1B with GSP.

Come at me.

st-pierre.jpg

The only people who don't think Fedor is one of the greatest fighters ever is just trolling or too stupid to know. It's not even a question to whether or not he is an all-time great.

Believing Fedor is not the GOAT is fine. There are others that a reasonable and informed fan could champion.

Believing Fedor is not in the uppermost class of the sport historically is not fine.

The only people who fall into the second bucket are trolls, noobs, or brand loyalists.

Believing Fedor is not the GOAT is fine.

Believing Fedor is not in the uppermost class of the sport historically is not fine.

The only people who fall into the second bucket are trolls, noobs, or brand loyalists.
no

It's tight at the top.

Fedor, GSP, Anderson, and Jones all have reasonable arguments in their favor.

A skilled debater could probably even wrangle someone like Aldo or Mighty Mouse into the discussion and not seem *that* crazy.

He did faced a lots of cans.

still top #2 GOAT imo.

regards to him being one of, if not the greatest of all time, as you may think, yes you.

Mike Tyson
Chuck Norris
Anderson Silva
Georges St Pierre
Cain Velasquez
Daniel Cormier
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Demietrious Johnson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Bj Penn
Randy Couture
Lyoto Machida
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Rampage Jackson
Josh Barnett
Luke Rockhold
Tim Kenndey
Crocop
Big Nog
Shogun
Jake Shields
Gunnar Nelson
Firas Zahabi
Greg Jackson

But they are't. Thus you are wrong. So what you think is a rational argument against Fedor, is just ignorant bias. So stfu.
Goat.

Or 1A/1B with GSP.

Come at me.

st-pierre.jpg

Great posts,

I agree a lot.

There is no other than the GOAT.

I don't believe I've ever heard an intellectually sound argument against Fedor... it's usually just "cans lol" or "2 scared 2 fight in ufc lmao"

Because when Fedor and his best wins fought current competition...they didn’t fair well.

Fedor at that point on time, was the best HW in Pride. Greatest HW, no. I feel the greatest HW can beat all past and current competition. Fedor cannot as seen again Silva, Werdum etc. We got to see him vs Rogers who was a middle of the pack HW gatekeeper and it was a tough fight for Fedor. Now someone like Cain, when healthy can beat all past and present HW. I feel ability wise Cain is the best HW fighter there is.

It’s hard to go by record because in today’s climate Fedor would have a mix record. I do feel fedor would be a top 10 HW but low top 10. He’s very explosive but that explosion hasn’t been seen against someone on the level of Stipe or DC for example.

Too many people on here have an emotional attachment to Fedor which clouds judgement.

Mike Tyson
Chuck Norris
Anderson Silva
Georges St Pierre
Cain Velasquez
Daniel Cormier
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Demietrious Johnson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Bj Penn
Randy Couture
Lyoto Machida
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Rampage Jackson
Josh Barnett
Luke Rockhold
Tim Kenndey
Crocop
Big Nog
Shogun
Jake Shields
Gunnar Nelson
Firas Zahabi
Greg Jackson

Lol. Get a life instead of arguing with yourself.

Fedor is awesome. I personally put GSP as GOAT. Fedor is right up there and I'm not going to shit on anyone who calls him the GOAT.

As far as intellectually sound arguments against him being THE GOAT, there are a few:

1. Fighting the majority of his career, where his greatness was established, in an org that:

a. Did not test for PEDs.
b. Encouraged and even provided PEDs based on first hand accounts from fighters.
c. Was known to fix fights, again based on first hand accounts from fighters.
d. Had heavy ties to Japanese organized crime.

2. Having overall poor performance in regulated MMA.

Like I said in another thread, some people think being the GOAT means a long unbeaten streak with title defenses like Anderson, Jones, Mighty Mouse or GSP. Others think it's challenging yourself like Hendo, McGregor, BJ, or DC.

Fedor has both attributes and may be the only fighter to do so. He fought larger, more dangerous fighters most of the time, and he had a decade of dominance.

There are only 4 or 5 haters in the forum.

Mayority of MMA fans community and pretty much all fighters community loves Fedor.

And the most respected fighter consider him GOAT.

<Fedor23>

Back