If an intellectually sound argument against Fedor exist,

He'll get devastated by the first serious heavyweight he faces though.

Minakov will smash him no doubt. Funny thing is though ,I can see Bader beating Stipe because match ups make fights and Stipe is so chinny.

Minakov will smash him no doubt. Funny thing is though ,I can see Bader beating Stipe because match ups make fights and Stipe is so chinny.

giphy.gif

nahhh.... Stipe stomps Bader!!

Lol, the OP is like barely legible. I had to use context clues to figure out wtf he was trying to say

hahahahaha christ, we know you're upset that he got slept again but calm down.

just because someone doesn't think your idol is the GOAT doesn't mean they're biased, it's nothing to have a meltdown over.

have a couple more cries in private, then go back to watching anime you weaboo dork.

regards to him being one of, if not the greatest of all time, as you may think, yes you.

Then, following people are incorrect in their assessment of Fedor's ability

Mike Tyson
Chuck Norris
Anderson Silva
Georges St Pierre
Cain Velasquez
Daniel Cormier
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Demietrious Johnson
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Bj Penn
Randy Couture
Lyoto Machida
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Rampage Jackson
Josh Barnett
Luke Rockhold
Tim Kenndey
Crocop
Big Nog
Shogun
Jake Shields
Gunnar Nelson
Firas Zahabi
Greg Jackson

But they are't. Thus you are wrong. So what you think is a rational argument against Fedor, is just ignorant bias. So stfu.

12fe92254cdf8b698319ae68f70cc9c1dd3aa37f61d3c6c20309ccbbdfecba02.jpg

The UFC is 25, MMA in it's current form isn't that old. Pride started in 1997.
Fedors first fight was in 2000 and he was pretty much done by 2009, his career from that point is just losses and wins against nobodies or other past it fighters.

Name another sport where the GOAT appeared so close to the start.

Fedor was the greatest of his era but that's it although to be fair being the best of your era is the best anyone can do.

The best of all time in quantifiable sports are the people doing it now. It's the same in sports where deciding on the best is subjective too but people pretend it isn't.
Was Jessie Owens better then Usain Bolt? Well no Bolts times means he wins every time.
Was Mark Spitz better than Michael Phelps ? Well no Phelps could let Spitz drive in then start himself and still win by over 5m in a 100m race.

There are lots and lots of people too that thinks bruce lee would beat current modern mma champs.

TS, listen closely.

Nobody who's a fan of the sport, literally NOT ONE PERSON, actually thinks Fedor isn't an all time great. Sure, there can be debate about WHERE he fits in among the top guys, but NOBODY actually thinks he's not on the Mt Rushmore of MMA fighters so far (with the caveat that the sport is still in its infancy).

Even the people here who will try to drag him through the mud are ONLY doing it as trolls, or to try to strengthen an argument for GSP, Silva, Jones as GOAT. They all know Fedor is in that class.

So you can chill on threads like this. They are unnecessary.

Fedor being smaller than competition is a meme

His best opponents weren't much bigger than him. Fedor was around 230-240. Cro cop was in the 220-230 ish, big nog was about 240, Coleman and randleman were lhw. When fedor fought arlovski, fedor was 230 and arlovski was 237

The GIANTS he fought were all unskilled except for sylvia and schilt

He was still incredibly impressive based on his abilities, but I'm pretty sick of the notion that he fought a ton of skilled fighters who were 30 lbs heavier than him

Fedor is top 3 but jones is GOAT and would beat fedor

Fedor and gsp are like 2a and 2b depending on how you rank perceived skill vs dominant finishes

He just got KTFO by a jab in half a minute. Your shtick doesn't work anymore kid.

Losing to bader amongst others in the twilight of his career does not erase all the impressive things fedor did in his career.

Was Anderson always shit too? Because he can hardly win a fight in his 40s?

I'm pretty sure that list should be longer. Even like that though, I appreciate it.

I might be considered a blasphemer (and I'm a Fedor fan!) but I prefer GSP's sweater.
That’s outrageous!

There's no point arguing about that. Like you said, so many people and actual legends of the sport give him that title. It's pretty obvious that he's done incredible things inside the ring and cage. I think that mostly newer fans of mma who mainly watch UFC may say otherwise.
Fedor is a legend inside and outside the ring/cage and to me that what really makes him so special and yes, to me, the greatest mma fighter of all time.
I don't know if he's going to fight again or not but watching that fight was very painful and I'm glad I didn't make the trip to LA to watch it live. (thanks for that universe!)
If he decides to keep it going I hope he makes some changes in his preparation, even though we're not actually seeing a lot of that so maybe I'm wrong saying that.
Anyway, Thank you Fedor for all the fun and thank you fans for making it a fun ride. I'm pretty much done with mma now. It's kinda bitter sweet but it is what it is.
Much love to ya'll. ;)

A decade unbeaten as a very active heavyweight, fighting everyone from greats to freaks and anything in between, often undersized ... as well as polite, respectful, humble.

Then time passes, people age, sports evolve ... but he is definitely one of the GOATs ... perhaps second only to GSP.

Fedor being smaller than competition is a meme

His best opponents weren't much bigger than him. Fedor was around 230-240. Cro cop was in the 220-230 ish, big nog was about 240, Coleman and randleman were lhw. When fedor fought arlovski, fedor was 230 and arlovski was 237

The GIANTS he fought were all unskilled except for sylvia and schilt

He was still incredibly impressive based on his abilities, but I'm pretty sick of the notion that he fought a ton of skilled fighters who were 30 lbs heavier than him

Fedor is top 3 but jones is GOAT and would beat fedor

Fedor and gsp are like 2a and 2b depending on how you rank perceived skill vs dominant finishes

Jones is a cheater and therefore out of the debate.

Because when Fedor and his best wins fought current competition...they didn’t fair well.

Fedor at that point on time, was the best HW in Pride. Greatest HW, no. I feel the greatest HW can beat all past and current competition. Fedor cannot as seen again Silva, Werdum etc. We got to see him vs Rogers who was a middle of the pack HW gatekeeper and it was a tough fight for Fedor. Now someone like Cain, when healthy can beat all past and present HW. I feel ability wise Cain is the best HW fighter there is.

It’s hard to go by record because in today’s climate Fedor would have a mix record. I do feel fedor would be a top 10 HW but low top 10. He’s very explosive but that explosion hasn’t been seen against someone on the level of Stipe or DC for example.

Too many people on here have an emotional attachment to Fedor which clouds judgement.
He started losing over 10 years into his career? Wow its almost like people age or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back